By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Miyamoto: We're Not Interested In High End Specs (Hardware)

Soundwave said:
GameMasterPC said:
I'm not buying the NX then. Its not as if the Wii U situation wasn't bad enough they want to do the same to NX.

Nintendo needs a new management. Reggie, Iwata and Miyamoto need to go. They are ruining a once great company.

Reggie I'll give a break to, he doesn't really have any say in any hardware/software decisions I don't think, but Iwata/Miyamoto/Takeda are the big three on Nintendo's board of directors and yeah, I feel like they've led Nintendo's console division in particular down the toilet (in terms of market standing) and I do feel they will f*ck up the console NX (if there is a portable companion that should do OK at least). 

Zero faith in these three at all. They don't know want they're doing. Miyamoto is a great designer, but that's all he should be doing ... designing games, not sitting on the board of directors and making business and hardware decisions. 

Yeah agree but Reggie can be dick sometimes, I don't want him to be the face of NOA.

Around the Network
GameMasterPC said:
I'm not buying the NX then. Its not as if the Wii U situation wasn't bad enough they want to do the same to NX.

Nintendo needs a new management. Reggie, Iwata and Miyamoto need to go. They are ruining a once great company.

Why exactly you don't buying NX? Because it will not have top speeds available in hardware market!? 

Reggie, Iwata and Miyamoto for Nintendo made generation that was most successful in Nintendo history, more than 255m consoles and around 2 billion pieces of software. This gen is not great for Nintendo, but that doesn't mean that next will not be better.

Miyamotoo said:
GameMasterPC said:

Why exactly you don't buying NX? Because it will not have top speeds available in hardware market!? 

Reggie, Iwata and Miyamoto for Nintendo made generation that was most successful in Nintendo history, more than 255m consoles and around 2 billion pieces of software. This gen is not great for Nintendo, but that doesn't mean that next will not be better.

There is more to it than that. I bought a Wii U at launch. Other than 2014 its felt like a waste of my money. In 2012 all they had was NSMB U which disappointing as fuck. In 2013 they had SM3DW which was good but not even close to the Galaxy games or the freshness of SM3DL. In 2014 they had 3 must-buy titlews for me - DKC: TF, Bayonetta 2 and SSB U. That gave me hope that they would continue to support Wii U with quality games. But in 2015 its become a barren land again for interesting new games. This year so far only Splatoon has caught my interest but I wouldn't buy it before August cause of lack of content. Then there is Xenoblade Chronicles X and Zelda U that interest me in the system's upcoming lineup. I was interested in Star Fox before the E3 reveal, now I'm just gonna skip it.

Having weak hardware only makes the situation worse for them. I fear that the cycle would repeat again with Wii U due to lack of third-party support NX will not sell well and Nintendo would abandon it again. I'm not falling for it this time.

Soundwave said:
Miyamotoo said:

I dont think so, with Wii U hardware they cleraly targeting 720p/60fps games, also it was their first HD console so they didn't have practical experience when they were planning Wii U hardware. With their next hardware they will targeting 1080p/60fps and they will want 3rd party ports in 1080p, so I don think they will targeting power weaker than PS4.

Vita plays OK PS4 games, I dont see why Nintendo cant do something similar.

Vita doesn't play PS4 games, it just handle them via streaming which is mostly useless when you're outside the house. 

I don't think Nintendo's gives a rats ass about third parties. They will make a system that suits their needs first and foremost. If third parties want to make games for it, that's after the fact. 

And yeah I did say 1080P graphics on the console NX ... just with Wii U type graphics. The portable will run games with Wii U fidelity visuals in 540p to 720p resolution. The home version will run the same games at 1080p. But other than that I wouldn't expect a massive jump in the actual graphics themselves and I don't think Nintendo even wants that. 

All that does is make the game budgets more expensive and Nintendo is very picky as is in which Wii U projects they allow to push the console hardware. 

That doesn't mean that next NIntendo consoles can't do that.

Of course they will make a system that suits their needs first, but they saw this gen that if they dont want bad sales again that they need better 3rd part support, that why they will get architecture that allows easy port and similar PS4 power.

Next console will have better and newer graphics techs so it won't be only 1080p Wii U type graphicsyou cant say that Wii U have only 720p type graphic of Wii games. I agree for portable, 540p to 720p with less effects.

Let face it, Nintendo can easily make console with similar PS4 power hardware, that is more compact and more power efficient in end 2016/2017 with launch price around $300.

GameMasterPC said:
Miyamotoo said:

There is more to it than that. I bought a Wii U at launch. Other than 2014 its felt like a waste of my money. In 2012 all they had was NSMB U which disappointing as fuck. In 2013 they had SM3DW which was good but not even close to the Galaxy games or the freshness of SM3DL. In 2014 they had 3 must-buy titlews for me - DKC: TF, Bayonetta 2 and SSB U. That gave me hope that they would continue to support Wii U with quality games. But in 2015 its become a barren land again for interesting new games. This year so far only Splatoon has caught my interest but I wouldn't buy it before August cause of lack of content. Then there is Xenoblade Chronicles X and Zelda U that interest me in the system's upcoming lineup. I was interested in Star Fox before the E3 reveal, now I'm just gonna skip it.

Having weak hardware only makes the situation worse for them. I fear that the cycle would repeat again with Wii U due to lack of third-party support NX will not sell well and Nintendo would abandon it again. I'm not falling for it this time.

Wii U had much bigger problem than hardware that was weak in comparison to PS4/Xbox One. Also it not realistic to expect Nintendo release new console much stronger than PS4.

Around the Network
Miyamotoo said:
Soundwave said:

Vita doesn't play PS4 games, it just handle them via streaming which is mostly useless when you're outside the house. 

I don't think Nintendo's gives a rats ass about third parties. They will make a system that suits their needs first and foremost. If third parties want to make games for it, that's after the fact. 

And yeah I did say 1080P graphics on the console NX ... just with Wii U type graphics. The portable will run games with Wii U fidelity visuals in 540p to 720p resolution. The home version will run the same games at 1080p. But other than that I wouldn't expect a massive jump in the actual graphics themselves and I don't think Nintendo even wants that. 

All that does is make the game budgets more expensive and Nintendo is very picky as is in which Wii U projects they allow to push the console hardware. 

That doesn't mean that next NIntendo consoles can't do that.

Of course they will make a system that suits their needs first, but they saw this gen that if they dont want bad sales again that they need better 3rd part support, that why they will get architecture that allows easy port and similar PS4 power.

Next console will have better and newer graphics techs so it won't be only 1080p Wii U type graphicsyou cant say that Wii U have only 720p type graphic of Wii games. I agree for portable, 540p to 720p with less effects.

Let face it, Nintendo can easily make console with similar PS4 power hardware, that is more compact and more power efficient in end 2016/2017 with launch price around $300.

We'll see. I think you'll be dissapointed if this is what you're expecting though. 

There's no victory for Nintendo in having a PS4 level console so late in the cycle anyway I guess. By late 2016/2017, PS4 will be $299.99 itself with hundreds of games and a marketbase of 60+ million owners with Nintendo having zero. 

Third parties aren't going to take them seriously and neither is the PS/XBox demographic (ie: basically everyone outside of Nintendo fans) in the same way no one took the Wii U seriously for only being a little better than the PS3/360. 

NX will be more of bridging the gap between the portable, or more or less making the portable line of Nintendo products their sole hardware line and having the portable games now all run on the TV for the minority portion of Nintendo fans that still prefer to play on the TV. It's not going to be about competing with Sony and MS. 

Nintendo fans have plenty of fight in them, but the company itself turtles when ever they're faced with direct competition. 

He is not interested in high specs. I doubt that's the opinion of the majority of Nintendo employees.

I wish he would be demoted as game director. He's killing this company

I didn't mind the Wii U not matching next gen consoles, it's the fact that some of its specs were behind the PS3/360. It's ridiculous. The NX will barely be on the PS4/XBone level that's for sure. Shame..

maxleresistant said:
He is not interested in high specs. I doubt that's the opinion of the majority of Nintendo employees.

I wish he would be demoted as game director. He's killing this company

Miyamoto is basically second in command at Nintendo, maybe honestly even first in command. I doubt Iwata would put his neck on the line and go against Miyamoto. From some reports Iwata's job seems less about making actual decisions, but rather just managing the different egos on Nintendo's board of directors.Whatever philosophy Miyamoto has, Nintendo is basically tied to that. 

The younger employees at Nintendo likely don't agree, but they're not on the board of directors, so they keep their mouth shut, head down, and work on what they're told to do. 

Miyamotoo said:
GameMasterPC said:

You know who basically gets overlooked here?

Atushi Asada. Most Nintendo fans don't know the name but he was Nintendo's chairman (yes above Iwata) from about 1999-2004, self appointed by Yamauchi to basically run the ship until Iwata got his legs under him. 

The Wiimote is directly Asada's decision according to the creator of the Wiimote, who took the idea first to Microsoft and then Sony. Rebuffed he then went to Nintendo as a last resort. According to him, Asada stopped his presentation midway through and an arguement ensued with the "Nintendo team" (about 8 people). Asada finally said something that shut everyone up, and he directly bought the rights to the Wiimote and bought a stake in the company. 

I think Iwata's role might honestly be overstated. Asada stepped down from Nintendo in summer 2005, but by then the things that would propel the Wii to success were already in place (Wiimote, Wii Sports, Wii Fit). 

The team of Iwata-Miymaoto-Takeda consolidated control of the board of directors post-2010, but this is also the time where many things start to fall apart for Nintendo. Maybe those three aren't as smart as we've made them out to be.