By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - SONY PS4 and FUTURE Prediction Timeline

Teeqoz said:

Lol, is there a rule that says Sony can only make money on electronics and video games? Why not music and movies too?

Doesn't matter what you think Sony should be making money on, I'm just telling you what they actually are making money on, and financials are gonna make more money than gaming for a loooooong time, wether you like it or not.

nope but every company has an identity and focus

if APPLE suddenly goes and become JP MORGAN,they won't have the same credibility,brand and focus.

Around the Network
enlightenedmaster said:
Ryng_Tolu said:

So, you predict PS5 in 2021???????... yeah...

My PS4 LT prediction:
2013: 4,500,000
2014: 18,500,000
2015: 33,500,000
2016: 49,500,000
2017: 63,500,000
2018: 74,500,000
2019: 82,500,000 [ PlayStation 5 year ]
2020: 86,000,000

Liftime: 90 million.

i predict PS5 in 2020

PS4 will easily reach 100m,your predictions are way off

My PS4 LT prediction:

2016: 49,500,000(they will easily make 55million with price-cut and SLIM and UNCHARTED,GRAN TURISMO,HORIZON,FINAL FANTASY 15 and RESIDENT EVIL)
2017: 63,500,000(they will easily make 80million with price-cut and GTA6,FINAL FANTASY 7,DESTINY 2 and LAST OF US)
2018: 74,500,000(they will easily make 95million with super SLIM)
2019: 82,500,000 [ PlayStation 5 year ](NO fucking way is PS5 releasing so early and they will easily make 110million with price-cut)
2020: 86,000,000(they will easily make 120million with GTA7)

So, you predict 25m PS4 in a year.

Not even the Wii sold at this level, and the Wii was selling For >500k all month in the US and 5m during the holidays (US only).

It also sold >30k in Japan all week, PS4 is barely 10k...

Sorry, YOU are way off.

PS4 at 100m? Maybe... 120m? Thats seriusly the best scenario... 140m? Sorry, not a chance.

enlightenedmaster said:
Teeqoz said:

Lol, is there a rule that says Sony can only make money on electronics and video games? Why not music and movies too?

Doesn't matter what you think Sony should be making money on, I'm just telling you what they actually are making money on, and financials are gonna make more money than gaming for a loooooong time, wether you like it or not.

if APPLE suddenly goes and become JP MORGAN,they won't have the same credibility,brand and focus.

I think you're not quite aware of what Sony's financial division does. They're primarily focusing on life insurance (only in Japan). And why in the world should Sony quit focusing on their profitable divisions, but continue to focus on their loss-leaders?

Sony couldn't survive without their financial division.

DerNebel said:
enlightenedmaster said:
DerNebel said:
Geez, nobody is going to read all that, but going through your predicted release schedule there are some things you mention twice and others that are just so completely out there that I have difficulty believing that you're serious about them.

my list is pretty damn easily believable and i am perfectly serious about my predictions

That Sucker Punch magically has a second studio when they downsized significantly after Second Son and said that they are a one game studio and that even if they had they would be able to release a new IP next year and a new Infamous after that

That Evolution is making Motorstorm after being tasked with working on Driveclub as a service

That Rockstar would make GTA timed exclusive to the PS4

That Naughty Dog would manage to release 5 games in the next 5 years (are you out of your mind?)

are all things that are completely out of the realm of possibilites.

Sucker Punch had a in-studio 2nd team working on a 2nd New IP but i didn't follow gaming so closely from 2012-2014 so you cud know better

though they are still working on a new IP

i Delayed Infamous and New IP dates as SONY have alot next year and they don't wanna crowd that

i did include MOTORSTOM and DRIVECLUB will have a sequel

GTA 6 is almost surely coming as TIMED Exclusive to PS4 with SONY-ROCKSTAR past and SONY revival

NAUGHTY DOG at the moment seems to be SONY's No.1 studio and with the success both UNCHARTED and LAST OF US have had and their studio expansion,those games will come.

most things i mentioned were quite easily possible and we might have a few more suprises

Teeqoz said:
enlightenedmaster said:
Teeqoz said:

I think you're not quite aware of what Sony's financial division does. They're primarily focusing on life insurance (only in Japan). And why in the world should Sony quit focusing on their profitable divisions, but continue to focus on their loss-leaders?

I know what SONY does and have been madly following their every move for the last 10 years

I never said SONY should ever quit FINANCIAL divions,actually they should try to make it global and bigger or their biggest offering.

But their main focus should be electronics and i for one wud like them to outright cut off their loss-making division and start a new brand completely

Around the Network
enlightenedmaster said:
DerNebel said:

That Sucker Punch magically has a second studio when they downsized significantly after Second Son and said that they are a one game studio and that even if they had they would be able to release a new IP next year and a new Infamous after that

That Evolution is making Motorstorm after being tasked with working on Driveclub as a service

That Rockstar would make GTA timed exclusive to the PS4

That Naughty Dog would manage to release 5 games in the next 5 years (are you out of your mind?)

are all things that are completely out of the realm of possibilites.

Sucker Punch had a in-studio 2nd team working on a 2nd New IP but i didn't follow gaming so closely from 2012-2014 so you cud know better

though they are still working on a new IP

i Delayed Infamous and New IP dates as SONY have alot next year and they don't wanna crowd that

i did include MOTORSTOM and DRIVECLUB will have a sequel

GTA 6 is almost surely coming as TIMED Exclusive to PS4 with SONY-ROCKSTAR past and SONY revival

NAUGHTY DOG at the moment seems to be SONY's No.1 studio and with the success both UNCHARTED and LAST OF US have had and their studio expansion,those games will come.

most things i mentioned were quite easily possible and we might have a few more suprises

You just saying something does not mean it's true, GTA 6 is most definitely not "almost surely coming as a timed exclusive to PS4". The same goes for all the other stuff I picked from your list, non of that will happen, simple as that.

enlightenedmaster said:
Teeqoz said:
enlightenedmaster said:
Teeqoz said:

I know what SONY does and have been madly following their every move for the last 10 years

I never said SONY should ever quit FINANCIAL divions,actually they should try to make it global and bigger or their biggest offering.

But their main focus should be electronics and i for one wud like them to outright cut off their loss-making division and start a new brand completely

You said Sony doesn't make shit in music, but Sony is the biggest music publisher in the world, so you obviously don't know their every move, but there's nothing wrong with that.

You said financials shouldn't be a mainstay in an electronic company, to me that implies that you mean Sony should ditch financials...

But whatever, I'm done here now.

enlightenedmaster said:

PS4 can easily come close to 140million but i can see why you doubt it

2015end - 35-40m easily

2016end - 60M easily with price cut and SLIM and FF15,UNCHARTED,GRAN TURISMO,etc

2017end - 80-90m easily with GTA timed exclusivity and FF7,etc

GTA 6 exclusivity is very very easily with SONY-ROCKSTAR past contract,relationship,GTA4-5 performance on PS3 & PS4 and PS4 launch

NX will noway likelyhood be out next year.it cud also be handheld as 3DS is already 4 years old and they release it in 2017

if they release NX console in 2016 then it will outright bomb,even worse than WiiU and even 2017 is very bad year.they

they will release NX console in 2017 at the earliest and 2018 nromally.

The Wii U is dead in the water... If Nintendo has their new system ready for 2016, they're going to release it in 2016. I don't think releasing a year later makes any difference. Nintendo's success on the NX will be based on what they have to offer as a first party and how well they can market it. That's always been the case and will continue to be the case for Nintendo systems.

Again, GTA will not be a timed exclusive, but if we want to play around with unrealistic predictions, I'll make one for you to ponder over:

GTA VI, along with all future GTA and Rockstar games will be console exclusive to Xbox only and PC, because Microsoft will aquire Take-Two Interactive. (Or maybe Take-Two will sell Rockstar to MS for X amount of dollars).

That probably won't ever happen, but lets imagine for a second that it did. 

Current gaming platforms - Switch, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Wii U, New 3DS, PC

Ryng_Tolu said:
enlightenedmaster said:

i predict PS5 in 2020

PS4 will easily reach 100m,your predictions are way off

My PS4 LT prediction:

2016: 49,500,000(they will easily make 55million with price-cut and SLIM and UNCHARTED,GRAN TURISMO,HORIZON,FINAL FANTASY 15 and RESIDENT EVIL)
2017: 63,500,000(they will easily make 80million with price-cut and GTA6,FINAL FANTASY 7,DESTINY 2 and LAST OF US)
2018: 74,500,000(they will easily make 95million with super SLIM)
2019: 82,500,000 [ PlayStation 5 year ](NO fucking way is PS5 releasing so early and they will easily make 110million with price-cut)
2020: 86,000,000(they will easily make 120million with GTA7)

So, you predict 25m PS4 in a year.

Not even the Wii sold at this level, and the Wii was selling For >500k all month in the US and 5m during the holidays (US only).

It also sold >30k in Japan all week, PS4 is barely 10k...

Sorry, YOU are way off.

PS4 at 100m? Maybe... 120m? Thats seriusly the best scenario... 140m? Sorry, not a chance.

in 1-2 years,yes i expect PS4 to do 20million and the biggest year 25-30million

Wii was nowhere close to what PS4 is in dominance or in brand power.Wii was a pop culture FAD which died a horrible death.

PS4 might have difficulty hitting 120m as Microsoft might start pumping money and Nintendo might have finally got sense kicked into them and make a comback with NX and Apple TV on the horizon but it will easily make 100million

Teeqoz said:

You said Sony doesn't make shit in music, but Sony is the biggest music publisher in the world, so you obviously don't know their every move, but there's nothing wrong with that.

You said financials shouldn't be a mainstay in an electronic company, to me that implies that you mean Sony should ditch financials...

But whatever, I'm done here now.

SONY really doesn't make shit in music,no music company makes anything in music.Only APPLE with iTunes makes somthing but even thats on decline

if you imply 'Sony should ditch financials' from 'financials shouldn't be a mainstay in an electronic company' then you need to go to school for english again