By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - SONY PS4 and FUTURE Prediction Timeline

GTstation said:
Struggled to even finish the first paragraph. Write something in a more serious manner and you will get more reply.

They will have no difficulties.

you can't get more serious than this

Around the Network
ps3-sales! said:
Wow. You really put a lot of thought into this.

Unfortunately Uncharted 4 is the last Uncharted; so says ND.

Not gonna lie I kind of skimmed through the first half but some good points about how PS is clearly Sony's best product and how other major businesses have other products to rely/fall back on.

UNCHARTED 4 is not the last UNCHARTED in anyway possible

SONY isn't gonna end it 2nd biggest franchise and probably soon to be BIGGEST franchise

Developers and Movie Directors say that all the time but money talks in the end.

Its stupid that people even believe NAUGHTY DOG

Aeolus451 said:

If sony is being "lazy" than what are the others doing? Also, you could of left out the wall of text and just had your predictions up there.

SONY has been outright lazy for the last 6months to 1year

others are just outright bombing and giving up but that doesn't SONY doesn't finish the game as NINTENDO and MICROSOFT can easily comeback

globalisateur said:
Yep that's too long, try to summarize your thoughts... Even for a blog that would be too long.

But yeah, in short this last year was kind of meh for Sony (not counting 3rd parties marketing exclusivity because reasons), with still only one AAA notable 1st party game, but what a game! They indeed probably released the best first party game of the year, which will win many GOTY IMO: Bloodborne.

Dreams may surprise though and Uncharted collection is still good to have (for fans and 360 newcomers) to finish the year.

BTW where did you find your crystal ball?

i tried to cut it short but i just couldn't

My Crystall ball was my head,experience and history of gaming

ps3-sales! said:

Not gonna lie I kind of skimmed through the first half but some good points about how PS is clearly Sony's best product and how other major businesses have other products to rely/fall back on.

Sony has other products to rely/fall back on. Their financial division makes more money than their gaming division ever will, they are the biggest music publisher in the world, their image sensors are being used in everything from Iphones to CCTV security cameras, they have a huge movie segment, etc.

Around the Network
PenguinZ said:
Skimmed through it... Some things are agreeable, however... I will disagree with these points first.

1) PS4 will probably not come close to pushing 140m units... 100m is possible, but I have my doubts it will even reach that.

2) GTA VI will not have a 1 year exclusivity deal. Marketing exclusivity... Probable.

3) NX will likely be out next year... At the latest 2017.

PS4 can easily come close to 140million but i can see why you doubt it

2015end - 35-40m easily

2016end - 60M easily with price cut and SLIM and FF15,UNCHARTED,GRAN TURISMO,etc

2017end - 80-90m easily with GTA timed exclusivity and FF7,etc

GTA 6 exclusivity is very very easily with SONY-ROCKSTAR past contract,relationship,GTA4-5 performance on PS3 & PS4 and PS4 launch

NX will noway likelyhood be out next year.it cud also be handheld as 3DS is already 4 years old and they release it in 2017

if they release NX console in 2016 then it will outright bomb,even worse than WiiU and even 2017 is very bad year.they

they will release NX console in 2017 at the earliest and 2018 nromally.

Teeqoz said:
ps3-sales! said:

Sony has other products to rely/fall back on. Their financial division makes more money than their gaming division ever will, they are the biggest music publisher in the world, their image sensors are being used in everything from Iphones to CCTV security cameras, they have a huge movie segment, etc.

SONY doesn't make shit with MUSIC and financial division is dependent on world economy and shud not be a electronics companies main-stay.

the image sensor buisness is the most volatile of all as anyday APPLE can choose to make its own sensors and SONY will be fucked.

MOVIE segment again sucks.

SONY's main profit areas shud be hardware TV,PHONE,VIDEO GAMES,etc

Ryng_Tolu said:

So, you predict PS5 in 2021???????... yeah...

My PS4 LT prediction:
2013: 4,500,000
2014: 18,500,000
2015: 33,500,000
2016: 49,500,000
2017: 63,500,000
2018: 74,500,000
2019: 82,500,000 [ PlayStation 5 year ]
2020: 86,000,000

Liftime: 90 million.

i predict PS5 in 2020

PS4 will easily reach 100m,your predictions are way off

My PS4 LT prediction:

2013: 4,500,000
2014: 18,500,000
2015: 33,500,000

2016: 49,500,000(they will easily make 55million with price-cut and SLIM and UNCHARTED,GRAN TURISMO,HORIZON,FINAL FANTASY 15 and RESIDENT EVIL)
2017: 63,500,000(they will easily make 80million with price-cut and GTA6,FINAL FANTASY 7,DESTINY 2 and LAST OF US)
2018: 74,500,000(they will easily make 95million with super SLIM)
2019: 82,500,000 [ PlayStation 5 year ](NO fucking way is PS5 releasing so early and they will easily make 110million with price-cut)
2020: 86,000,000(they will easily make 120million with GTA7)

enlightenedmaster said:
Teeqoz said:
ps3-sales! said:

SONY doesn't make shit with MUSIC and financial division is dependent on world economy and shud not be a electronics companies main-stay.

the image sensor buisness is the most volatile of all as anyday APPLE can choose to make its own sensors and SONY will be fucked.

MOVIE segment again sucks.

SONY's main profit areas shud be hardware TV,PHONE,VIDEO GAMES,etc

Lol, is there a rule that says Sony can only make money on electronics and video games? Why not music and movies too?

Doesn't matter what you think Sony should be making money on, I'm just telling you what they actually are making money on, and financials are gonna make more money than gaming for a loooooong time, wether you like it or not.

enlightenedmaster said:
DerNebel said:
Geez, nobody is going to read all that, but going through your predicted release schedule there are some things you mention twice and others that are just so completely out there that I have difficulty believing that you're serious about them.

my list is pretty damn easily believable and i am perfectly serious about my predictions

That Sucker Punch magically has a second studio when they downsized significantly after Second Son and said that they are a one game studio and that even if they had they would be able to release a new IP next year and a new Infamous after that

That Evolution is making Motorstorm after being tasked with working on Driveclub as a service

That Rockstar would make GTA timed exclusive to the PS4

That Naughty Dog would manage to release 5 games in the next 5 years (are you out of your mind?)

are all things that are completely out of the realm of possibilites.