By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Is now the worst time to be a Nintendo console owner?

No? Nintendo's 2015 lineup is pretty great for the Wii U and not bad for the 3DS. It's 2016 that I see as being problematic.

Around the Network

Maybe for you, but I own both a 3DS and Wii U and really like to play the games on them.

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

JNK said:
beeing a sony/microsoft/pc owner is way better. only 2014 was great time for wii u

In 2016 yep. Right now though I have a lot more fun with the Wii U than either of the Xbone and PS4. PC has better stuff though...

XCX
Mario Maker
Yoshi
Fatal Frame
Star Fox
SMTXFE 2016
Zelda 2016

cant say I'm too depressed about owning a Wii U atm lol

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

absolutely IT'S NOT THE WORST TIME to have a nintendo's home console

if you are new to the WiiU, that means you have lots of games to play that you've never played on ps4 and xboxone, such as Bayonetta2,the wonderful 101, pikmin3, project 0, splatoon, mario series etc

for me, the reason i will never buy a ps4 or xboxone is that, i can play most of ps4 and xboxone game on PC, but i can't play most of wiiu games on pc.

Around the Network

No. The worst time was around 2008, when anyone who liked the N64/Gamecube era realised that it wasn't coming back and that Nintendo planned only to make a mixture of simplified games for a completely different audience and horrible spinoffs pretending to be the series you loved.

I already reconciled with that and now play PC games. If Nintendo make anything worth buying (Smash 4, Mario Maker) I will buy it.

The Gamecube days were worse.

The games were fine, but were harder to find in Australia. And it was apparently perfectly fine to openly mock Gamecube owners. If you didn't have a PS2 then you simply weren't cool.

Hmm, as standalone, it's hard to say when was the worst time to be a Ninten fan. All consoles had great games to play, which covered me each gen. Maybe the N64, since RPGs were basically non-existent. Though the worst time was easily...

The Virtual Boy B-)

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

To be on gaming foruns? Yes. It feels like is wrong to enjoy nintendo consoles.

Don't want to start a fight here but handhelds are portable consoles

We reap what we sow

The gamecube era was the worst. It was very very unpopular to own the " purple lunchbox" . it had no online play ( two games does not count ) it was the beginning of third parties completely disregarding a Nintendo platform ( n64 would at least get subpar ports or rushed exclusives from third parties ). It had fantastic games , like all Nintendo platforms do , but it just wasn't enough. There was no killer app for the gamecube as far as the public was concerned. Add lack of DVD play , a extreme ( even for Nintendo ) kid image at a time when games were just beginning to look somewhat realistic and it was a recipe for disaster .

Who is John Galt?

3DS Friend Code : 2535-4338-9000 

AMD FX 8150 , 8 GB DDR3 Kingston Memory,  EVGA GTX 560 TI 2 GB superclocked, Samsung 256 GB SSD