By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Is now the worst time to be a Nintendo console owner?

Seeing as Splatoon just came out and there are a few good titles coming out in the near future, there were lots of times in the Wii's life that were way worse. It felt like whole years went by with absolutely nothing.

Around the Network
97alexk said:

We dont even know the game line up for 2016 except zelda Wii U, and Shin megami tensei X fire emblem, so you people really think there will only be 2 Wii U games next year?

Man they will be more games. I mean super Mario.3d world engine is just sat there begging for a sequel. Also they really should make a small team dedicated to bringing some HD remasters like Mario sunshine etc to flesh out release library

RolStoppable said:

Actually, this makes a case for this being indeed the worst time to be a Nintendo console owner. You make too many threads about the game which makes visiting these forums almost unbearable. <(O_x)>

As usual your post is based on misinformation, as I've only made like 3 Splatoon threads versus everyone else's 50+ collectively. Also the game is well deserving of these many threads, of which are certainly better than all these NX threads, even though I did make one myself hehe. 

RolStoppable said:
Nintendo 64 in 2001 and GameCube in 2005 and 2006 were definitely worse.

But WiiU doesn't have a Fire Emblem game, nor a Geist entry, or Eternal Darkness, or a good Paper Mario, or Baten Kaitos, or anything like the amazing Resident Evil REmake, or anything as remotely awesome as F-Zero GX...

Heck, it doesn't even have a good Pokemon game. Gamecube had two by 2006.

Can't speak for the Ninty 64, though!

It's never a bad time to be a Nintendo gamer if you're smart enough to own other consoles. I mean all consoles have dry patches. That's why there are multiples of them :)

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Around the Network

I've gotten my moneys' worth with the Wii U. And as long as good games are coming out, whatever the drought periods, there isn't really a "bad" time to own a Nintendo console (or any other console). I didn't like the 360 too much but I don't regret getting it for the games I enjoyed on it, although having to replace it because it E74'd on me kind of sucked.

No.

You mention new owners have nothing to look forward which I feel is not even important. New WiiU owners have the whole catalog of true quality games to experience when PS4/X1 are just starting to form theirs. I personally have been on the fence for months whether to buy WiiU, its catalog is simply supreme at the moment. I just don't have time for another console, I'm already struggling to find enough time for PS4 and Vita.

I cannot imagine toilet-free life.

Kebabs have a unique attribute compared to other consumables. To unlock this effect you need to wolf down a big ass kebab really fast, like under 10 minutes or so and wait for the effect to kick in. If done correctly your movements should feel unbelievably heavy to the point where you literally cannot move at all.

-Downtown Alanya Kebab magazine issue no.198

If the E3 Digital Event was an accurate representation of the next 8 to 10 months, maybe. But it isn't. Star Fox, Super Mario Maker, Yoshi's Wooly World, Xenoblade Chronicles X, Fatal Frame V, Devil's Third, Genei Ibunroku #FE, Mario Tennis Ultra Smash, Mario and Sonic at the Rio Olympics, FAST Racing Neo, all these are targeting that window alongside the (admittedly phoned-in but also free) Animal Crossing: Amiibo Festival. That's eleven exclusives. There's also Project Treasure, but that release date is uncertain. Zelda comes next year. As it stands, the Wii U's near future is quite strong.

And it's pretty common for PR to talk trash and try to look big when their backs are against the wall.  It's sickish at times, but not something that really means much or plays into the quality of the platform.

It isn't the worst time to be a Nintendo console owner especially Wii U. Those who haven't played The great Wii games + current big hitters of Wii U. Those are already a good list of games. So it is not the worst and Nintendo's presentation sucks but it doesn't mean there aren't any games until the holidays. There are a lot. It is just those People who exaggerates things.

Yes