By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Is now the worst time to be a Nintendo console owner?

I'm glade I don't have this problem anymore like I did when I had a n64 over a ps 1, granted legend of Zelda:pot is/was my favorite game, I missed out on a lot of classics, never again

Around the Network

Absolutely not, Wii U plays host to some of the best games Nintendo has created.

yes. Hell I finally gave up and listed my WiiU on ebay. I can't hold onto a whole system just for Zelda which is all I'm interested in in the future on it.

I am Iron Man

Goodnightmoon said:

The worst time? Man, in the next months are coming:

- Yoshi Woolly World

- Star Fox Zero

- Super Mario Maker

- Fatal Frame V

- Xenoblade Chronicles X

- Zelda: Tri-Force Heroes

- Fast Racing Neo

And Splatoon is growing more and more, this august comes the big update.

All in 5/6 months

And next year we know about:

- Fire emblem fates

- SMT X FE

- Mario & Luigi: Paper Jam

- Zelda U

No, is not the worst moment to be a Nintendo owner.

Y U no Devil's Third or Bravely Second?

If it's not the worst it really is one of the worst times to be a Nintendo owner!

I can't really recall how things unfolded during the N64 days, but comparing Wii U to GC, even if both had little support from Nintendo in their last days, at least GC had 3rd party support.

Wii U in 2016 is a wasteland.
You have 3 games coming in 2016: Zelda (most likely coming out Holiday 2016), Fire Emblem and Project Treasure (assuming it's a retail title).

After E3 last year you had like 8 games announced for 2015. This year you got nothing.
It's not there aren't more games coming, but i think it's clear that after the 1Q, things will get very bad.

Around the Network
bigtakilla said:
Goodnightmoon said:

The worst time? Man, in the next months are coming:

- Yoshi Woolly World

- Star Fox Zero

- Super Mario Maker

- Fatal Frame V

- Xenoblade Chronicles X

- Zelda: Tri-Force Heroes

- Fast Racing Neo

And Splatoon is growing more and more, this august comes the big update.

All in 5/6 months

And next year we know about:

- Fire emblem fates

- SMT X FE

- Mario & Luigi: Paper Jam

- Zelda U

No, is not the worst moment to be a Nintendo owner.

Devil´s third is an incognita, is very hard to know if the game is gonna be good but i´m going to buy it because it has my interest.

And I didn´t play the first braverly but you are right, is one game that many rpgs fans on 3Ds are excited about, and it looks pretty good.

Goodnightmoon said:
bigtakilla said:

Devil´s third is an incognita, is very hard to know if the game is gonna be good but i´m going to buy it because it has my interest.

And I didn´t play the first braverly but you are right, is one game that many rpgs fans on 3Ds are excited about, and it looks pretty good.

Devils Third was in the direct that showed a week prior to E3 along with Chibi Robo and Project Treasure.

Getting a usual 2D Mario game used to be like, the best thing ever. Now we get Mario Maker. And 3DS is doing wonderfully. It's a great time for owning Nintendo consoles.

bigtakilla said:
Goodnightmoon said:

Devils Third was in the direct that showed a week prior to E3 along with Chibi Robo and Project Treasure.

I know, What I´m saying is that the game could be a big shit, Nintendo shows little confidence on it and I have never played something similar so is hard to know if it´s going to work. I have confidence on it but I was making a list of games with high chances to be good or great games. Chibi robo, devil´s third, rodea, etc don´t give me the same confidence by now.

Goodnightmoon said:
bigtakilla said:

I know, What I´m saying is that the game could be a big shit, Nintendo shows little confidence on it and I have never played something similar so is hard to know if it´s going to work. I have confidence on it but I was making a list of games with high chances to be good or great games. Chibi robo, devil´s third, rodea, etc don´t give me the same confidence by now.

I still got confidence. Something tells me the real reason behind the fact none of these games were shown s because they wanted the E3 direct to focus on Mario Maker being it's the 30th anniversary of the Mario fanchise..