By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Tomb Raider vs Street Fighter Double Standards

I am sure i am not the only one here thinking this, but is it wried that every article i read about Tomb Raider's Sequal, all i read in the comments are salty posts towards MS. Yet everytime i read up on Street Fighter 5 articles every one is happy and no one cares about it being a permanent PS4/PC game. These deals are very much the same yet when MS claimed TR as a timed exclusive gamers sank to a new low to even threaten the Devs, but while Sony announced SF5 will never come to Xbox seems to be ok and gamers move on, much like backwards compatibility.

I know Sony are behind SF5 but thats no difference to MS and TR. Lets not assume that all there doing is publishing and paying there way, theres more to it then that and i am sure SF5 is the same with Sony.

Lets get the facts straight here with MS and CD.

http://www.gamereactor.eu/news/249214/Microsoft+helps+fund+Rise+of+the+Tomb+Raider/

Quote ***And we will definitely be spending money on developing the game*** straight from Phil Spencers tweet.

I am a PC gamer and i will be getting both these great games however i am disgusted at the gamers who like to throw threats around but turn a blind eye on the SF5 deal. If your not happy with 3rd party games moving platforms then i recommand going PC gaming or buying all platforms because since the beginning of gaming, this has always been happening, its the way the industry is. MGS and FF were Nintendo exclusives and RE had exclusives only on Nintendo etc. Things will change and if your buying your console primary for 3rd party games i wish you the best of luck because with next gen they can all move around again. Money talks in this industry, not whingers.

Accept it and move on, if you really want to play the games you like then no one is holding your hands back from making a purchase.

Around the Network

Street Fighter V wouldn't have been made if Sony didn't step in since Capcom was on their face. SE was fine financially when they made the deal with MS.

These deals are not the same in any way or fashion, and that's the reason for different standards.
Also, Sony was clear from.the very first minute about availability, while Microsoft hid the truth and tried to weasel out a PR spin just so they can avoid saying what the availability is.

Mystro-Sama said:
Street Fighter V wouldn't have been made if Sony didn't step in since Capcom was on their face.

You honestly think Capcons biggest franchise wasnt going to be made anymore if Sony hadnt steped in? Come on now.

Azzanation said:
Mystro-Sama said:
Street Fighter V wouldn't have been made if Sony didn't step in since Capcom was on their face.

You honestly think Capcons biggest franchise wasnt going to be made anymore if Sony hadnt steped in? Come on now.

I wouldn't be too sure about that. Capcom is still in deep shit.

Around the Network
Burek said:
These deals are not the same in any way or fashion, and that's the reason for different standards.
Also, Sony was clear from.the very first minute about availability, while Microsoft hid the truth and tried to weasel out a PR spin just so they can avoid saying what the availability is.

There all the same. Both companies are investing into these franchises, however one made it a PS4/PC exclusive while the other made it a Timed. Regardless, to whinge about either is just pathetic in my eyes. Its ok for one company to steal a franchise but the other cant? Street Fighter 5 was always going to happen, Sony maybe sped things up alittle and thats no difference to MS funding and helping developement on TR.

Everything about SF5 has been handled with clarity and transparency. Everything about ROTR has been handled the worse way possible.

Burek said:

True, but even though people nowadays know the deal, they still complain at every chance they get. Really childish to me and it is a double standard.

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

Azzanation said:
Mystro-Sama said:

If you want people to take you seriously, don't post false facts to support your argument. Capcom's biggest franchise is probably Monster Hunter than comes Resident Evil. 

I think a better example is pointing out the hypocrisy and double standard between Boyeneta 2 and SFV. You easily win that one.

In the end it is just a fanbase whinning they don't get to play another fanbases game.