By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Tomb Raider vs Street Fighter Double Standards

Mmmfishtacos said:

Sony helped fund SF5 to get the game out much sooner.

MS is giving money to keep TR off Ps4 at least for the holidays.

See the differences between the two?

Its posts like yours that are the prime example. Read the article, Head of Xbox even said there funding development.

http://www.gamereactor.eu/news/249214/Microsoft+helps+fund+Rise+of+the+Tomb+Raider/

So in other words if it wasnt for MS, TR wouldnt be coming out in 2015 aswell.

Around the Network
Azzanation said:
Mmmfishtacos said:

Its posts like yours that are the prime example. Read the article, Head of Xbox even said there funding development.

http://www.gamereactor.eu/news/249214/Microsoft+helps+fund+Rise+of+the+Tomb+Raider/

Not necessarly. When did square publicly state thay needed funding for TR again or it may not happen? 

It's threads like these that spread fud and full the "console war". 

Azzanation said:
Mmmfishtacos said:

Head of xbox praises xbox. Sounds about right. 

Mmmfishtacos said:
Azerth said:
Easy sony can do no wrong while ms can only do wrong.

And anyone who thinks street fighter (one of if not the most popular fighting game) wouldnt have been made is crazy

It's not that it wouldn't have been made it's when it would have been made. You should reaserch What they were saying about SF years ago before this deal was even concived. 

Okay explain to me the backlash that Boyeneta 2 recieved by fans constantly. When it comes down to it, it is fanbase complaining that exclusives exist in another console. I won't get to play Tomb Raider, and I want to, but at the same time the backlash was there, calling Square Enix stupid.

Azerth said:
Easy sony can do no wrong while ms can only do wrong.

And anyone who thinks street fighter (one of if not the most popular fighting game) wouldnt have been made is crazy

Man, this one tastes salty...

User has been moderated for this post.

- Shinobi-san

PC GAMING: BEST GAMES. WORST CONTROLS

A mouse & keyboard are made for sending email and typing internet badassery. Not for playing video games!!!

Around the Network
Azzanation said:

I am sure i am not the only one here thinking this, but is it wried that every article i read about Tomb Raider's Sequal, all i read in the comments are salty posts towards MS. Yet everytime i read up on Street Fighter 5 articles every one is happy and no one cares about it being a permanent PS4/PC game. These deals are very much the same yet when MS claimed TR as a timed exclusive gamers sank to a new low to even threaten the Devs, but while Sony announced SF5 will never come to Xbox seems to be ok and gamers move on, much like backwards compatibility.

I know Sony are behind SF5 but thats no difference to MS and TR. Lets not assume that all there doing is publishing and paying there way, theres more to it then that and i am sure SF5 is the same with Sony.

Lets get the facts straight here with MS and CD.

Quote *And we will definitely be spending money on developing the game* straight from Phil Spencers tweet.

I am a PC gamer and i will be getting both these great games however i am disgusted at the gamers who like to throw threats around but turn a blind eye on the SF5 deal. If your not happy with 3rd party games moving platforms then i recommand going PC gaming or buying all platforms because since the beginning of gaming, this has always been happening, its the way the industry is. MGS and FF were Nintendo exclusives and RE had exclusives only on Nintendo etc. Things will change and if your buying your console primary for 3rd party games i wish you the best of luck because with next gen they can all move around again. Money talks in this industry, not whingers.

Accept it and move on, if you really want to play the games you like then no one is holding your hands back from making a purchase.

Yeah...not even sort of the same thing. 

TR deal: MS paying to keep TR away from PC and PS4 for a period of time, plus they handled it really poorly and took much longer than it should have to get clarification about the terms of the deal or even that it was timed.

SFV deal: Sony is helping pay for and develop the game, and it was clear from the get go what the deal was and why things are the way they are.

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

Acevil said:
Mmmfishtacos said:

It's not that it wouldn't have been made it's when it would have been made. You should reaserch What they were saying about SF years ago before this deal was even concived. 

Okay explain to me the backlash that Boyeneta 2 recieved by fans constantly.

It was there sure.... but not near as bad as the TR and SF levels. 

I'll have to ask - who's the audience for SFV? It looks exactly like SFIV.

Acevil said:
Mmmfishtacos said:

Beyonetta backlash was so minimal. No one really cared for that game. Not even fans of the sole console on which the game is available.

PC GAMING: BEST GAMES. WORST CONTROLS

A mouse & keyboard are made for sending email and typing internet badassery. Not for playing video games!!!

FentonCrackshell said:
Acevil said:

Beyonetta backlash was so minimal. No one really cared for that game. Not even fans of the sole console on which the game is available.

It was there enough to drive the guy making them to lash out against people.  It isn't on the level of Tomb Raider, but at the same time it was there.