By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - I need to skip one of these 3 games but can't decide which one?

Which one should I skip?

Fallout 4 29 12.72%

Halo 5: Guardians 104 45.61%

Rise Of The Tomb Raider 95 41.67%

Total:228

Sounds pretty simple to me. I don't see the problem?

You say Fallout 4 looked the best to you, plus it's a given that game will be able to occupy your time the longest (not counting investment in Halo MP). So that's your buy #1. Then you say Tomb Raider looked good, but Halo didn't really impress you that much, so Tomb Raider clearly is your buy #2. You get a great RPG, and a great Action/Adventure game. The former will keep you busy long enough till you can afford to go get Halo later, if you still want to.

Around the Network
bananaking21 said:
GameMasterPC said:

I won't complete Fallout 4 this holiday if I get it but will certainly complete Halo 5: Guardains and Rise Of The Tomb Raider if I get them.

I like to take my time with RPG's.

well dude... no offense but this thread is kinda pointless. we cant know what you want and how you play your games... when the games release your gonna have a feeling to either want to buy it or not, and based on that feeling you will make the call, and doing so will render this thread completely pointless. not trying to be here, honestly. 

Well I do think general consensus can help me in my decision since all 3 franchises have equally big fanbase here. See I have almost the same level of hype for all 3 games so its kinda hard to decide. My friends are no help because almost none of them even own an XB1 and pretend to not care about its exclusive. That's why I thought I might as well ask you guys.

Obviously not fallout 4, so I shoud probably skip tomb raider

Please excuse my (probally) poor grammar

Angelus said:

You say Fallout 4 looked the best to you, plus it's a given that game will be able to occupy your time the longest (not counting investment in Halo MP). So that's your buy #1. Then you say Tomb Raider looked good, but Halo didn't really impress you that much, so Tomb Raider clearly is your buy #2. You get a great RPG, and a great Action/Adventure game. The former will keep you busy long enough till you can afford to go get Halo later, if you still want to.

Thanks but I don't think you can judge a game based on its E3 showcase alone. For all we know, only the best parts of Rise Of The Tomb Raider were shown at E3 but the not so good parts of Halo 5 were shown. My interest is similar for each based on previous games in these series. That's why I have this question.

I gave my views on E3 gameplay cause that might give you an insight but it doesn't tell the whole story obviously.

Just play your backlog this winter and buy all 3 of them half a year later at reduced prices and properly patched.

Around the Network

I already plan on skipping Tomb Raider for Forza, Persona 5, Halo, Tearaway, Fallout, and more.... To many games I'd rather play coming out.

Conina said:

Just play your backlog this winter and buy all 3 of them half a year later at reduced prices and properly patched.

I don't have a huge backlog of games I'm currently interested in playing. Currently I'm enjoying The Witcher 3, and between then and now I'll get BM: AK, GOW III R, GOW: UE and MGS V. Two of them have singleplayer campaigns I'll finish quickly. So I wouldn't have much if any backlog by the time Halo 5 comes out.

GameMasterPC said:
Angelus said:

Thanks but I don't think you can judge a game based on its E3 showcase alone. For all we know, only the best parts of Rise Of The Tomb Raider were shown at E3 but the not so good parts of Halo 5 were shown. My interest is similar for each based on previous games in these series. That's why I have this question.

I gave my views on E3 gameplay cause that might give you an insight but it doesn't tell the whole story obviously.

Alright well then let me tell you what I'm doing, as someone who's also hyped for all 3 of those games, and picking one up at a later date. I'm holding off on Fallout for a while.

Nothing to do with budget in my case, it's just that I feel the writing in Bethesda's games has been on a steady decline since Oblivion, and their last game especially (Skyrim) was a big disappointment to me in terms of the quality of the major quest lines in the game. So even though everything they showed at E3 looked great, I need to wait and see if they've stepped up their game on that front or I know I'll just be annoyed again.

I'm skipping Fallout 4 because I don't enjoy Fallout. But if you like it then that's a tough one.

Those are the 3 games I'm getting, if I had to remove one I wouldn't know what to do xD