By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - I need to skip one of these 3 games but can't decide which one?

Which one should I skip?

Fallout 4 29 12.72%

Halo 5: Guardians 104 45.61%

Rise Of The Tomb Raider 95 41.67%

Total:228

I'm just going to assume because of your name you're a pc gamer, so I'd get Halo 5 and Fallout 4 and get tombraider later when it's released on PC.

Around the Network
Angelus said:
GameMasterPC said:

Thanks but I don't think you can judge a game based on its E3 showcase alone. For all we know, only the best parts of Rise Of The Tomb Raider were shown at E3 but the not so good parts of Halo 5 were shown. My interest is similar for each based on previous games in these series. That's why I have this question.

I gave my views on E3 gameplay cause that might give you an insight but it doesn't tell the whole story obviously.

Alright well then let me tell you what I'm doing, as someone who's also hyped for all 3 of those games, and picking one up at a later date. I'm holding off on Fallout for a while.

Nothing to do with budget in my case, it's just that I feel the writing in Bethesda's games has been on a steady decline since Oblivion, and their last game especially (Skyrim) was a big disappointment to me in terms of the quality of the major quest lines in the game. So even though everything they showed at E3 looked great, I need to wait and see if they've stepped up their game on that front or I know I'll just be annoyed again.

I thought Fallout 3 had better writing than Oblivion and while Skyrim saw a decline in this area it also saw a huge improvement in gameplay. That's one of the key area for me in WRPG's ahead of the story but behind the world design. So if it sees a decline in writing it can still more than make up for it through gameplay.

But thanks for bringing it up, this is definitely a good point you make but unfortunately nothing can be said about the writing in this game till it gets released.

Barkley said:
I'm just going to assume because of your name you're a pc gamer, so I'd get Halo 5 and Fallout 4 and get tombraider later when it's released on PC.

PC gamer yes but I have an XB1 too so platform wasn't my consideration when making this thread.

I guess it would depend on you, but I'd probably skip TR. Not to knock the game down, but that revealing trailer did not do it any favors. It made the game look so boring. Maybe it'll be more exciting. I'd either go with TR or H5. F4 looks like a def must play x )

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

If I were you, i'd skip Rise of Tomb Raider.

Around the Network

I'd skip Fallout 4 if I were you.

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

For me it would be very easy to choose: Halo

I'd skip Tomb Raider.

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

Fallout.
It'll likely be absolutely riddled with bugs.

Rise of the Tomb Raider I'd say