By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PS4 vs. XBO: Official Exclusives Thread

Who has the better line-up in 2015

Playstation 4 653 71.92%

Xbox One 255 28.08%

Total:908

Azzanation said:

Metacritic is not what wins GOTY awards. If you didnt notice Bayonetta 2 sits on a 91 which has been the highest rated game on release and it did not win GOTY. Ori sits on a 88 meta which i would consider a contenter with GOTY.

You can expect Halo, Forza, Gears and Tomb Raider to do rather good on the review boards and will probably be the best games in there selective genres.

Errrrrrr...

Bayonetta 2 got 17 GOTY awards from Critic and 5 from readers.

But yeap... Meta didn't make a game GOTY.

Around the Network
S.T.A.G.E. said:
SlayerRondo said:

Bloodborne Metacritic = 92

Last Halo Game (Halo 4) Metacritic = 87

Last Tomb Raider (Tomb Raider 2013) Metacritic = 86

Last Forza game (Forza Horizon 2) Metacritic = 86

Last Gears Game (Judgement) Metacritic = 79

Don't see any game of the year contenders here.

I mean...they all can't be winners now. I am waiting for the scores of the sequels, which will be contenders this year. ;)

Halo and Gears have been on a downward trajectory, Forza spits out sequels like it's nobody's business and Tomb Raider 2013 was great but not game of the year material. Don't know why you consider them game of the year contenders based on the past information you have availiable. 

Currently it looks like Bloodborne - 92, Witcher 3 - 93 and Batman - 91 (waiting on more reviews) are the current game of the year contenders.

This is the Game of Thrones

Where you either win

or you DIE

ethomaz said:

Azzanation said:

Metacritic is not what wins GOTY awards. If you didnt notice Bayonetta 2 sits on a 91 which has been the highest rated game on release and it did not win GOTY. Ori sits on a 88 meta which i would consider a contenter with GOTY.

You can expect Halo, Forza, Gears and Tomb Raider to do rather good on the review boards and will probably be the best games in there selective genres.

Errrrrrr...

Bayonetta 2 got 17 GOTY awards from Critic and 5 from readers.

But yeap... Meta didn't make a game GOTY.

Exactly. 

How you can vote Sony? -_-

A game is missing from ps4 list: Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD :o

Around the Network
golfgt170 said:

Take a look again, it is there :)

Sony has the usual breadth of titles, MS has a good looking lineup to come later in the year, but I don't see where the idea they have multiple GOTY contenders is coming from. Forza won't be in the discussion, Halo isn't what it used to be, not even close, and Tomb Raider looked underwhelming at E3, though may have an outside chance. MS lineup is harder to judge at this stage, simply because nothing major has even released for the system, despite half the year going by, and the discussion is based entirely on potential.

But it is all down to personal preference after that. Some people aren't interested in a wide range of titles or IPs or Japanese games, so are happy with Xbox's usual offerings this year, Halo, Gears, Forza and Fable, with some small original indie games and a big timed exclusive to round it off. Which is fine. But for me, the much greater variety and quantity on PS4 makes it the winner. Which is nice as a PS4 owner, as I thought X1 won launch and 2014.

LordLichtenstein said:
golfgt170 said:

oh right. Got lost over the overwhelimg list :D

golfgt170 said:
LordLichtenstein said:

oh right. Got lost over the overwhelimg list :D

;)

PS4 has a great line-up!