By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PS4 vs. XBO: Official Exclusives Thread

Who has the better line-up in 2015

Playstation 4 653 71.92%

Xbox One 255 28.08%

Total:908
Samus Aran said:
Tachikoma said:
so much hatred towards the op for posting a list, it's as is being faced with reality is too much for some.

Reality that 90% of his list isn't exclusive (or good).

theyre 8th gen console exclusives, which is good enough for the list.

You'll note that the same qualifications were used for the Xbox One too, even if games were available on PC if the only console they were released on was Xbox One it was added, so where is your issue?

As for their quality, that's down to the individual that plays them to decide.

Around the Network
Tachikoma said:
Samus Aran said:
Tachikoma said:
so much hatred towards the op for posting a list, it's as is being faced with reality is too much for some.

Reality that 90% of his list isn't exclusive (or good).

theyre 8th gen console exclusives, which is good enough for the list.

You'll note that the same qualifications were used for the Xbox One too, even if games were available on PC if the only console they were released on was Xbox One it was added, so where is your issue?

As for their quality, that's down to the individual that plays them to decide.

Except loads of them aren't even that lol.

Half of the games on these lists look like the games I used to play for free on Newgrounds.

If you look at a lot of the reactions in this thread people claim that PS4 sells so much better because the gap between exclusives is so big. I'm pretty sure that shovelware being on the PS4 has nothing to do with why it's so succesful. It's the other way around: there's so much shovelware because it's succesful.

The truth is, overall speaking, the list of exclusives on both these consoles have been pretty terrible so far. But MS does have Halo 5, Forza Motorsports 6 and Tombraider this holiday which is better than what the PS4 will be getting this holiday. PS4 seems to have 2016 in the bag so far though. The system sellers for Sony have mostly been multi-platform games, the same goes for MS. It's only natural then that PS4 comes out on top as it has the superior third party games thanks to more powerful hardware.

In short:

2015: below average year for PS4 exclusive games

2016: great year for PS4 exclusive games

Samus Aran said:

If you look at a lot of the reactions in this thread people claim that PS4 sells so much better because the gap between exclusives is so big.

Most of the reactions have been people pretty much attacking the OP for posting it at all.

All it is, is a list, ou are trying to extrapolate far too much from it or the intentions of the op in posting it based on the reactions of people to the OP, which is inherantly flawed.

It's a simple list comparing the console exclusives on each system.

The op deserves to be attacked for this thread. We all know that Exclusive games releasing in the Holidays that are not niche are the only games that counts. :p

I know that the OP was just posting a list, and it is up to us to draw our conclusions from it, so I'll tell you guys my thoughts here.

The way I see it, the disparity between exclusives here is no surprise. If you look at every generation since the ps1, the market leader always had the most exclusives, and this is largely due to shovelware. Look at the wii last generation. It got a bunch of shovelware because they were selling like crazy. It was also cheap to develop for. Look at the ps2 and how much shovelware that had. Look at the ps1. Most exclusives, sold 3 times as much as the competition and was the cheapest to make games for. Hence shovelware. The consoles don't sell the way they do because of shovelware, the shovelware is there because the consoles sell a lot. This has been the case ever since the ps1 generation during a huge market expansion. 5 times the exclusives on ps4 are expected

Around the Network
Samus Aran said:
Normchacho said:

What qualifies as must have? If I'm a big fan of Baseball, MLB 15 is a must have game, a huge fan of side-scrolling platformers than N++ might be a must have game.

Besides, he never said they had a bunch of "must have, first party exclusive". He said that it had more good games and more differen't genre's.

Certainly not annualized sports games that barely differ from their predecessors. And N++ certainly doesn't seem like a must have platformer. R & C on the other hand does, but that game got delayed for the movie.

So far xbone's exclusive line-up hasn't been too impressing, but it will soon with games like Tomb Raider: Rising, Halo 5 and Forza Motorsports 6. Those are must have games for their respective genres. I definitely would give the edge to MS this year. Then there's also Rare Replay which brings many classics to the xbone that never were on it. At a very cheap price as well. Where Sony charges you $40 for a rather lazy remaster of GoW 3, MS only charges you $30 for 30 games.

When did MS buy Square Enix? Everytime this list is made PS4 exclusives are cut down by as many reasons as possible,  while if MS has exclusivity for a week it somehow counts.

I would say as well that if you talking about must have games in their genre, you can add Until Dawn to the list.

Ah, right, so now we've established Indies count we're now calling them 'shovelware'. My God, this is pathetic.

The PS5 Exists. 

GribbleGrunger said:
Ah, right, so now we've established Indies count we're now calling them 'shovelware'. My God, this is pathetic.

No, we call games with a metacritic of in the 20s shovelware.

GribbleGrunger said:

Wrong. If it's indie sold at full price it counts. I squid you not.

While we appreciate the time and energy that went into the creation of this thread, it has derailed past the point of no return.

Locking.