By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PS4 vs. XBO: Official Exclusives Thread

Who has the better line-up in 2015

Playstation 4 653 71.92%

Xbox One 255 28.08%

Total:908

so much hatred towards the op for posting a list, it's as is being faced with reality is too much for some.

Around the Network
Tachikoma said:
so much hatred towards the op for posting a list, it's as is being faced with reality is too much for some.

Reality that 90% of his list isn't exclusive (or good).

3DS, Wii, PSP, Vita, PS2, PS3, PS4 & Steam.

Samus Aran said:
Normchacho said:

Critics aren't neutral: they accept money from the companies that make the games they review (ad-revenue). Therefor they're meaningless as a source on quality.

In the video game world we don't just use ratings. Bayonetta 1 & 2 are highly rated games, but they also don't sell enough to make a profit. It seems like the majority of gamers don't care about those ratings as much as you'd like to think. I wouldn't be surprised in the slightest if Halo 5, Forza Motorsports 6 and Tombraider outsold the entire list of PS4 "exclusives" combined.

The list in the OP isn't neutral either. Half of the games on the PS4 list aren't even exclusives.

What's the second highest rated exclusive on the PS4 list this year? And I mean true exclusive. Probably Until Dawn with a 79% rating. That's general consensus that the PS4 exclusives are better?

Oh and here's another PS4 exclusive that's most likely coming to another console:

http://www.destructoid.com/axiom-verge-probably-coming-to-wii-u-in-2016-294521.phtml

Nobody is neutral. I have to ask then, when you try to argue things like "quality over quantity", what are you using to determine quality? If it's just your personal prefrence how can you argue that one lineup is better than another without having played all of the games in each list extensively? Plus, why would one perons prefference hold any weight in a discussion like that?

Sales are a terrible way to meassure quality. There are simply genres and franchises that hold mass market appeal so those types of games are always going to sell really well. A game can be really well made and only appeal to a certain type of gamer. Bloodborne isn't bad because it doesn't appeal to the people who buy Mario Kart or COD. Also, if sales equalled quality, wouldn't that also apply to the hardware? More people chose to buy the PS4 than either the Xbox One or the WiiU, does that automatically make it better? No. It just means it appeals to a larger group of people.

This list is just any game that you can get on the PS4 that you can't get on the Xbox One and vice-versa. I'm not a huge fan of this method but it's the way the OP decided to make the list. However, I personally made two lists that compare exclusives. One that is only "true" exclusives (can't be on any other platform) and one for "platform" exclusives (can be on another Playstation or Xbox) and PS4 always has more games and the average rating is always higher.

N++ is actually the second highest rated PS4 exclusive to come out this year. Infact, if you're only looking at "true" exclusives, it has a higher rating than any Xbox One exclusive. Not just from 2015 either, ever.

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

Samus Aran said:
Normchacho said:

How about someone creates a meaningful list that isn't full of fluff and shovelware.

Already been done my friend.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=207094&page=1

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=207131

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

Around the Network
Normchacho said:
Samus Aran said:
Normchacho said:

How about someone creates a meaningful list that isn't full of fluff and shovelware.

You've missed out on a few PS4 exclusives with terrible metascores though. ;)

For the record, I was just talking about 2015, that's what sparked the discussion I was having.

And yes, PS4 is the best console hardware wise this generation: most powerful and relatively cheap. XBONE is less powerful and around the same price (even more expensive at launch). Wii U is a lot weaker and relatively expensive because of the gamepad. Of course one of the biggest reasons it's selling better is because the PS brand is simply more powerful than the XBOX and "Wii" brand.

Samus Aran said:
Normchacho said:
Samus Aran said:
Normchacho said:

You've missed out on a few PS4 exclusives with terrible metascores though. ;)

For the record, I was just talking about 2015, that's what sparked the discussion I was having.

And yes, PS4 is the best console hardware wise this generation: most powerful and relatively cheap. XBONE is less powerful and around the same price (even more expensive at launch). Wii U is a lot weaker and relatively expensive because of the gamepad. Of course one of the biggest reasons it's selling better is because the PS brand is simply more powerful than the XBOX and "Wii" brand.

What games on the PS4 did I miss?

Bet with Adamblaziken:

And still some people are struggling with reality. I often watch Crapgamer just to see if his false narrative is passed over to N4Gs and you'd be surprised how much it is. In a recent vid he actually said (and I kid you not), 'We XB1 fans have had something new to play every month but the PS4 owners have had nothing. We're not like your biased media. We're here to inform you of the truth.' And the majority of his replies agree!

The PS5 Exists. 

Normchacho said:

See my list, the bolded ones are true exclusives (according to metacritic). I stopped halfway through because of the boredom though.

Not that you should actually incorperate shovelware like that in lists, but if you want to be exhaustive...

The problem with those lists is also that a bad game appearing on a console doesn't negate the quality of the good games. Would Wii U's first party line-up be better if Devil's Third didn't exist? Average wise: yes. In reality: it doesn't make a difference.

Is PS4's exclusive line-up this year worse because of Yorbie Episode One, some shitty shovelware game no one has ever heard of? Of course not.

Samus Aran said:
Normchacho said:

See my list, the bolded ones are true exclusives (according to metacritic). I stopped halfway through because of the boredom though.

Not that you should actually incorperate shovelware like that in lists, but if you want to be exhaustive...

The problem with those lists is also that a bad game appearing on a console doesn't negate the quality of the good games. Would Wii U's first party line-up be better if Devil's Third didn't exist? Average wise: yes. In reality: it doesn't make a difference.

The only game I'm missing from your list (that isn't also on PC) is Yorbie as far as I can tell. Rack N Ruin is actually on PC and mobile aswell.

http://www.lifesparkent.com/

In order to make a fair list it has to include every game that meets the criteria. Who gets to decide what's shovelware or not? If anything, the lack of a Metacritic score seems to work as a bit of a shovelware filter, seeing as it keeps games like Yorbie, or Squid Hero from messing with the average. The lists I've made are simply a database, I breakdown the type of game and do a simple average of the scores mearly for the convienence of the people reading it.

An average is a flawed way of messuring quality since as you said, crappy games can drag down good ones. So I'll post a more complete breakdown of my "true" exlusives numbers here. Note that I'm only using numbers that have metacritic scores so the number of games comes up as lower than they are.

PS4:

90+: 1: 7.69% of all games

80+: 3: 23.07% of all games

70+: 8: 61.53% of all games

Xbox One:

90+: 0: 0% of al games

80+: 1: 12.50% of all games

70+: 3: 37.50% of all games

Bet with Adamblaziken: