By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PS4 vs. XBO: Official Exclusives Thread

Who has the better line-up in 2015

Playstation 4 653 71.92%

Xbox One 255 28.08%

Total:908
LordLichtenstein said:

Legend Of Kay Anniversary is also on the Wii U and PC. 

So it isn't PS4 exclusive. 

[Switch Friend code: 3909-3991-4970]

[Xbox Live: JissuWolfe]

[PSN: Jissu]

Around the Network
Samus Aran said:
Normchacho said:
Samus Aran said:

The fact that you had to use N++ as an example of must have Sony first party game already proved my point all too well. It's not even made or published by Sony lol. The developers even said they'll port the game to other platforms if it sells well.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Games/comments/3hje0r/n_isnt_selling_very_well_and_needs_to_sell_5x/

Looks like it will remain exclusive though. ;)

You can spin it however you want, but Sony's first party line-up this year wasn't good. Next year has much more promising games with Uncharted 4, TLG, R & C and Horizon. The difference with this year is enormous.

So, you keep trying to change the subject to better fit your bias. 

He said, that the PS4 has more good games that span a wider variety of genres in 2015. He is correct, any other assertion requires spin.

The only objective thing said here is that it has more games.

But you know what they say, quality over quantity.

For the purposes of this conversation quality is measured by ratings as it is with any exclusives comparison. The PS4 has a higher average rating. Oh, and variety is not subjective either. The PS4 has games that span a wider range of genres.

The data paints a very clear picture here.

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

Paatar said:
LordLichtenstein said:

Legend Of Kay Anniversary is also on the Wii U...

As are Octodad and The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth.

And since when is Fez an exclusive?

This list is mostly fluff.

Normchacho said:
Samus Aran said:
Normchacho said:
Samus Aran said:

The fact that you had to use N++ as an example of must have Sony first party game already proved my point all too well. It's not even made or published by Sony lol. The developers even said they'll port the game to other platforms if it sells well.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Games/comments/3hje0r/n_isnt_selling_very_well_and_needs_to_sell_5x/

You can spin it however you want, but Sony's first party line-up this year wasn't good. Next year has much more promising games with Uncharted 4, TLG, R & C and Horizon. The difference with this year is enormous.

He said, that the PS4 has more good games that span a wider variety of genres in 2015. He is correct, any other assertion requires spin.

For the purposes of this conversation quality is measured by ratings as it is with any exclusives comparison. The PS4 has a higher average rating. Oh, and variety is not subjective either. The PS4 has games that span a wider range of genres.

You think metacritic is objective? I don't even know where to begin.

Samus Aran said:
Paatar said:
LordLichtenstein said:

Legend Of Kay Anniversary is also on the Wii U...

As are Octodad and The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth.

And since when is Fez an exclusive?

This list is mostly fluff.

Octodad is coming to the Wii U, but hasn't released on it yet. 

This list needs to be checked... lol

[Switch Friend code: 3909-3991-4970]

[Xbox Live: JissuWolfe]

[PSN: Jissu]

Around the Network
Paatar said:
Octodad is coming to the Wii U, but hasn't released on it yet. 

This list needs to be checked... lol

From what I can gather, the games in the OP aren't so much exclusive but more so "PS4 games that aren't on the XBO" and "XBO games that aren't on the PS4"

Official Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Thread

Very nice. I hope you keep with the good work.

3DS, Wii, PSP, Vita, PS2, PS3, PS4 & Steam.

Let's hope Nep VII and Persona 5 still make it to those November/December sections. Now that'd be ending with a bang

Samus Aran said:
Normchacho said:
Samus Aran said:
Normchacho said:
Samus Aran said:

You think metacritic is objective? I don't even know where to begin.

Would you care to point out the specific line where I said Metacritic is objective?

When making a general comparison of quality, you need to use a broader scope than just your personal opinion. Otherwise, there is no conversation to be had, and statements like "quality over quantity" have no bearing or context.

In the video game world, we use ratings. Whether they are Metacritic, Gamerankings, or whatever.

The general consensus of these ratings, is that the PS4 has better exclusives. Couple this information with the PS4s larger number of exclusives, and larger variety of genres, and he is correct.

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

Normchacho said:

Would you care to point out the specific line where I said Metacritic is objective?

When making a general comparison of quality, you need to use a broader scope than just your personal opinion. Otherwise, there is no conversation to be had, and statements like "quality over quantity" have no bearing or context.

In the video game world, we use ratings. Whether they are Metacritic, Gamerankings, or whatever.

The general consensus of these ratings, is that the PS4 has better exclusives. Couple this information with the PS4s larger number of exclusives, and larger variety of genres, and he is correct.

Critics aren't neutral: they accept money from the companies that make the games they review (ad-revenue). Therefor they're meaningless as a source on quality.

In the video game world we don't just use ratings. Bayonetta 1 & 2 are highly rated games, but they also don't sell enough to make a profit. It seems like the majority of gamers don't care about those ratings as much as you'd like to think. I wouldn't be surprised in the slightest if Halo 5, Forza Motorsports 6 and Tombraider outsold the entire list of PS4 "exclusives" combined.

The list in the OP isn't neutral either. Half of the games on the PS4 list aren't even exclusives.

What's the second highest rated exclusive on the PS4 list this year? And I mean true exclusive. Probably Until Dawn with a 79% rating. That's general consensus that the PS4 exclusives are better?

Oh and here's another PS4 exclusive that's most likely coming to another console:

http://www.destructoid.com/axiom-verge-probably-coming-to-wii-u-in-2016-294521.phtml

---

I'll do an overview of the PS4 "exclusives" of 2015:

Raven's Cry (PC/PS3/XBOX360/PS4): 27%

Ironclad Tactics (PC/PS4): 66%

Grim Fandango Remastered (IOS, PC, PS Vita, PS4): 80%

Citizens of Earth (PC, Wii U, 3DS, PS4): 65%

Motorcycle Club (PC, PS3, PS4): 26%

Splice (IOS, PS3, PS4): 74%

The Order 1886 (PS4): 63%

Apotheon (PC, PS4): 76%

Super Stardust Ultra (PS4): 74%

Pillar (PC, PS4): 59%

Scram Kitty DX (Wii U, PS Vita, PS4): 74%

Q*bert Rebooted (IOS, PS3, PS Vita, PS4): nobody reviewed it.

Starwhal (PC, PS3, PS4): 78%

Desert Ashes (PC, PS4): nobody reviewed it.

Paparezzi: metacritic doesn't have it in its database.

Minutes (PS Vita, PS4): 76% (or 63% depending on which version you chose, the game barely got any reviews)

Bloodborne (PS4): 92%

MLB 15 The Show (PS3, PS Vita, PS4): 80% 

Toukiden Kiwama (PC, PS Vita, PS4): 74% 

OlliOlli2 (PC, PS Vita, PS4): 86% (looks like a free flash game lol)

Axiom Verge (PC, PS4): 80 or 84% (depending on which version, but the games are exactly the same. Huray for Metacritic logic)

Jamestown+ (PC, PS4): 83%

Helldivers (PS3, PS Vita, PS4): 81%

Hotline Miami 2 (PC, PS3, PS Vita, PS4): 75%

Metal Slug 3 (IOS, PC, PS3, PS Vita, PS4): 78%

Woah Dave! (IOS, PC, 3DS, Wii U, PS3, PS Vita, PS4): 50% (one review)

Hustle Kings (PS3, PS Vita, PS4): 60% (one review)

Rack N Ruin (PS4): 59%

Paperbound (PC, PS4): 69%

Yorbie Episode One: 26% (3 reviews)

Omega Quintet (PS4): 58%

Tropico 5 (XBOX360, PC, PS4): 76% 

Bastion (IOS, XBOX360, PC, PS4): 89%

Broken Age (PC, PS Vita, PS4): 81% or 73% depending on which version (huray for metacritic logic)

Titan Souls (PC, PS Vita, PS4): 73%

Krinkle Krusher (PS3, PS Vita, PS4): 58%

BRAWL (PC, PS4): 62%

Teslagrad (PC, Wii U, PS3, PS4): 78%

Final Fantasy X / X-2 HD Remaster (PS3, PS Vita, PS4): 84%

Arcania The Complete Tale (XBOX360, PS3, PS4): 42%

Ok, I'm tired of this meaningless list now. My point is made, the vast majority of these games aren't exclusive and have reviewed like shit. Bolded = real exclusives.

How about someone creates a meaningful list that isn't full of fluff and shovelware.