By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PS4 vs. XBO: Official Exclusives Thread

 

Who has the better line-up in 2015

Playstation 4 653 71.92%
 
Xbox One 255 28.08%
 
Total:908
Azzanation said:
Normchacho said:


Considering how good 2 and 3 were, SF was actually pretty disappointing for me. Actually, this gives me a thought.

I'd just like to clarify and say that I think Halo 2 is way, way better game than SF. I prefered Halo: CE to 2, but that would still make 2....the second best FPS I've ever played. I'm simply saying that claiming Halo 2:A is the same as the Xbox One having another full 8th gen exclusive is ludicrous.

Why cant Halo 2 be counted as a 8th gen exclusive? Its a remake and more then most of these remasters we have seen.

I'll reply to your longer post in the morning since it's so late here, but I've asked around and nobody seems to actually give me confirmation that it's really a remake. But even if it is, it's still just a better looking version of an old game. It certainly counts as a game for the Xbox One, but not as much as an actual new game.

The assersion being made earlier was MCC = KZ:SF as far as significance as an exclusive was concerned, which is silly.



Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

Around the Network
Versus_Evil said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:


I played Shadowfall and it was ok. Had the potential to be as good as wolfenstein given the source material being so similar, but Wolfenstein was much better and had a lower level of graphics.


KZ:SF was nowhere near as good as Killzone 3 imo.

I can agree  with this. KZ3 was world's better. The problem with KZ was that it went downhill after 2. Everyone expected them to emulate cod when all Killzone needed to be was killzone.



Versus_Evil said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:


I played Shadowfall and it was ok. Had the potential to be as good as wolfenstein given the source material being so similar, but Wolfenstein was much better and had a lower level of graphics.


KZ:SF was nowhere near as good as Killzone 3 imo.


Kind of a trend this gen.  Arkham Knight wasn't as good as Arkham City and inFamous SS wasn't as good as inFamous 2.  I think they rush the new games out with great visuals and less content.



Twitter: @d21lewis

S.T.A.G.E. said:
Versus_Evil said:

And you'll see in the sales department why it means jack shit. But keep trying.

Dude....Microsoft tends to beat Sony the last two months of the fourth quarter in America. This year they are bringing a cheaper price and more exclusives with them towards Black Friday and Christmas. $350 price point, Halo 5 is going to be huge (possibly sell 8 mil LTD), XBox Ones will fly off of the shelf. Tomb Raider will be exclusive to the Xbox for a year essentially (Thats just the reality of it). I can only really speak for America, but the chances are that it might affect Europe as well this year.


While I don't think MS will win by as much as you probably do, they will win the last three months ths of the year in the US imo.

However, it won't have any significant impact in Europe outside the UK. Forza and Halo have been around for over a decade now and haven't tempted many Europeans into getting into Xbox,  I can't see why that would  change at the sixth time of asking. 



d21lewis said:
Versus_Evil said:


KZ:SF was nowhere near as good as Killzone 3 imo.


Kind of a trend this gen.  Arkham Knight wasn't as good as Arkham City and inFamous SS wasn't as good as inFamous 2.  I think they rush the new games out with great visuals and less content.


coz this is what the player asking for NICE GRAPHIC..... i can careless about graphic i want good story!!! this is why i start to like more indie game coz thet put a soul into they game!!!



Around the Network
d21lewis said:
Versus_Evil said:


KZ:SF was nowhere near as good as Killzone 3 imo.


Kind of a trend this gen.  Arkham Knight wasn't as good as Arkham City and inFamous SS wasn't as good as inFamous 2.  I think they rush the new games out with great visuals and less content.

Dont forget forza 5.



Angelv577 said:
d21lewis said:


Kind of a trend this gen.  Arkham Knight wasn't as good as Arkham City and inFamous SS wasn't as good as inFamous 2.  I think they rush the new games out with great visuals and less content.

Dont forget forza 5.


You're probably right.  I only named the games I actually played/own.  I was gonna say WWE 2K15 but I didn't play much of it.

It's not uncommon, though.  That's how new gens often begin.  At least, that's what I've noticed since the sixth gen.  It will balance out a few years in.  I think Witcher 3 bucks the trend buy I didn't play that one.



Twitter: @d21lewis

celador said:


While I don't think MS will win by as much as you probably do, they will win the last three months ths of the year in the US imo.

However, it won't have any significant impact in Europe outside the UK. Forza and Halo have been around for over a decade now and haven't tempted many Europeans into getting into Xbox,  I can't see why that would  change at the sixth time of asking. 


The rest of the world isnt as important as winning america in the fourth quarter. If MS loses America in the fourth then they might as well hang up their hats.



d21lewis said:
Angelv577 said:

Dont forget forza 5.


You're probably right.  I only named the games I actually played/own.  I was gonna say WWE 2K15 but I didn't play much of it.

It's not uncommon, though.  That's how new gens often begin.  At least, that's what I've noticed since the sixth gen.  It will balance out a few years in.  I think Witcher 3 bucks the trend buy I didn't play that one.

I think it's due to a couple of things;

1. especially early on I think devs are a bit rushed to finish games for hardware that they really aren't that familiar with. So the qualtity of the games isn't up to par.

2. I think some developers are ready to do something new when a new generation comes around, but platform holders and publishers want them to make sequels since they are a safer bet than new ips. So the make one, but they just don't have their hearts in it so it isn't as good, then they can go make the game they really wanted to make.



Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

Azzanation said:
Normchacho said:
Azzanation said:

 

I have played Killzone SF. I am not here to debate which game is better because on these forums its clear Killzone is the greatest FPS game PS fans have played for next gen and Halo 2 is the best Xbox fans have played this gen. I am debating about the visuals, Killzone might look good on screen however the things alot of gamers are missing out on is the fact its not 60 frames. The sound effects in Halo 2 are better then that in Killzone, they might be using MADDER sound in Killzone but Halo 2 gun effects are still the best i have heard in any game period. They sound real where as Killzone's dont. The lighting effects in Halo 2 when the plasma gerades explode or when the light tracers the plasma rounds across the screen is up there with the best. I am happy to say Killzone looks better because that was there total focus on the game however Halo 2 does some things better in my opinion. Better AI, Better lighting and Sound effects even though Killzone trys to use MADDER which i couldnt even notice when i was playing, its also a rock solid 60 frames compared to Killzone which is 30-40 frames on average. As a total game package Halo 2 looks incredible for its art style it uses where as Killzone trys to look more like Crysis.

Okay here's the thing, you may prefere aspects of Halo 2:A on an aesthetic level, but technically, the lighting, audio, shadows, ai, models, AA, ect. are all worse than they are in KS:SF.

Also, KZ:SF has a pretty different artstyle to crysis.



Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.