By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PS4 vs. XBO: Official Exclusives Thread

Who has the better line-up in 2015

Playstation 4 653 71.92%

Xbox One 255 28.08%

Total:908

I still think that these lists need to make a distinction between digital-only and retail. It doesn't take away from the content of the actual thread, but the added transparency can avoid a degree of the drama these threads inevitably create.

Around the Network

You really need to stop fanning the flame wars. Both consoles have good games, and doesn't matter what console your gaming on, they offer different tastes and experiences for gamers. I for one will pick 1 Block Buster over 5 good games and just so you know, X1 has several blockbusters releasing this year. Quality > Quantity in my opinion. In saying that there's nothing wrong with PS4 or WiiU games. More isn't always better. I game on PC and as iv stated in other posts. I have over 4000 games available to me and half are exclusive to PC and all of them look better then there console brothers. Do you or anybody else care? No. so it shouldnt matter between these consoles either. 

Reality is a bitch.

The PS5 Exists. 

S.T.A.G.E. said:

I see your point. I generally hyped sequels traditionally tend to get the benefit of the doubt, kind of like Batman or Fallout 4 did. Have you noticed that? The Fallout Mod console exclusivity on the One will bring a lot of hype towards the Xbox as well.

Which is one of the reasons why I went with the Xbox One version over the PS4 version.... But I have both still preordered.

Current gaming platforms - Switch, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Wii U, New 3DS, PC

Well, from objective pov, based on reviews PS4 will get much better metascore for its 2 biggest exclusives this year, so based on reviens, PS4 already has thé best rated exclusive this year, goty among exclusives ( dark souls were goty so...)and also a great a rpg game with Dragon Quest Heroes , and other les significant games like Disgaea or Tomorrow Children, but the best one : Persona 5 ( last one has 94 if i remember well ) , thé sequel of thé best rpg ever

So that will make 2 games at +90 , and i dont think Halo or even Forza considering thé méta score of thé previous ones ( i dont really count false exclusives like tomb raider since in 6 months, youll have to take it off from that list ) , i dont think that any of thèm will reach 90

So if we are talking about quality + quantity, PS4 wins easily, X1 will win on software sales though

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

Around the Network

Too bad you can't create lists that show personal preference.
Billy can choose between 30000000000 carrot sticks and 5 cucumber slices.
Billy chooses the cucumber slices because he prefers them.
I'm just saying that sheer numbers aren't always everything, even if the quality is arguably there. Value varies on a personal level.

#1 Amb-ass-ador

S.T.A.G.E. said:
LordLichtenstein said:

But calling them both Game of the Year contenders with even having played them is maybe a little to soon, don't you think? 

I am sure both games will be great, but to which extent, that remains to be seen/played. :)

I see your point. I generally hyped sequels traditionally tend to get the benefit of the doubt, kind of like Batman or Fallout 4 did. Have you noticed that? The Fallout Mod console exclusivity on the One will bring a lot of hype towards the Xbox as well.

thé mods exclusivity is also timed though

Aerys said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

Is it? For how long?

Aerys said:

That's likely and all, but we cannot assume that Sony would allow such a thing. I'm pretty sure they will, but lets wait and see.

Current gaming platforms - Switch, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Wii U, New 3DS, PC

S.T.A.G.E. said:
Aerys said:

Is it? For how long?

Didnt say http://www.gamespot.com/articles/fallout-4-pc-mods-will-be-playable-on-ps4-eventual/1100-6428239/

Its an other situation of Microsoft trying to make something look like a big exclusive