By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PS4 vs. XBO: Official Exclusives Thread

Who has the better line-up in 2015

Playstation 4 653 71.92%

Xbox One 255 28.08%

Total:908
d21lewis said:
Some of those games (ie Bastion or Happy Wars) are far from exclusive, though.,..

I know, but this list is more in the line of, "not on the other platform exclusives". What does PS4 have that Xbox One doesn't and vice versa.

Around the Network
LordLichtenstein said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

Hah...hands down Microsoft has won 2015 with the bigger titles under their belt. Sony can name a thousand titles but unless they are on level with the AAA's MS is giving then well sorry but the hype was lost. Mid tier titles are great and we all play them, but its the AAA's that generally are the banner carriers for the year. The mid teir games have to be goty level to be considered a talking point when it comes to winning the year. Regardless its all opinion, but I say 2015 and 2014 both went to Xbox, but again...i've always said Sony starts slow because once their first party ramps up Microsoft cannot follow them on that front.

AAA titles, I only count 3-4 for Xbox One? But yeah, they are way bigger than Sony's.

*Maybe Bloodborne is up there with them? 

Bloodborne is Sony's GOTY for 2015. Microsoft has two GOTY contenders exclusive to their platform for the year.

S.T.A.G.E. said:
LordLichtenstein said:

AAA titles, I only count 3-4 for Xbox One? But yeah, they are way bigger than Sony's.

*Maybe Bloodborne is up there with them? 

Bloodborne is Sony's GOTY for 2015. Microsoft has two GOTY contenders exclusive to their platform for the year.

Though I agree with you, but how could we know? We haven't played Halo and Tomb Raider yet.

Xbox One has Goat Simulator, thus it wins.

But in all seriousness, Xbox One has there bigger, more noticeable exclusives... They win.

Current gaming platforms - Switch, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Wii U, New 3DS, PC

LordLichtenstein said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

Though I agree with you, but how could we know? We haven't played Halo and Tomb Raider yet.

Well from what I saw at E3 Tomb Raider two will be more eventful than the first. It has the hype though, but Halo 5 looks like its going to be phenomenal and I am watching the show to put the pieces together.

Around the Network

PS4 and it's not even close.

S.T.A.G.E. said:
LordLichtenstein said:

Well from what I saw at E3 Tomb Raider two will be more eventful than the first. It has the hype though, but Halo 5 looks like its going to be phenomenal and I am watching the show to put the pieces together.

But calling them both Game of the Year contenders with even having played them is maybe a little to soon, don't you think? 

I am sure both games will be great, but to which extent, that remains to be seen/played. :)

RolStoppable said:
Aeolus451 said:
It's pretty clear why the PS4 is selling so much better.

Yup, Japan and mainland Europe don't like Xbox. Meanwhile, sales are quite evenly spread between the two in the USA and the UK. If exclusive games really made a notable difference, then Sony would have already steamrolled Microsoft everywhere on the planet.

Then again, you could say that Americans buy Xboxes due to patriotism, so that's why it's close there.

I couldn't tell if you were being serious or not with your post, rol. So I took it as you being serious. 

Sony is winning 2 to 1 on sales worldwide. I call that steamrolling.

Sony has 219 exclusives for the PS4. That includes unreleased games and I left out timed exclusives.

MS has 92 exclusives for the xbox one. That includes unreleased games and I left out timed exclusives.

Loads of games on PS4, yet I'd take Ori over all of them.

LordLichtenstein said:

But calling them both Game of the Year contenders with even having played them is maybe a little to soon, don't you think? 

I am sure both games will be great, but to which extent, that remains to be seen/played. :)

I see your point. I generally hyped sequels traditionally tend to get the benefit of the doubt, kind of like Batman or Fallout 4 did. Have you noticed that? The Fallout Mod console exclusivity on the One will bring a lot of hype towards the Xbox as well.