By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PS4 vs. XBO: Official Exclusives Thread

Who has the better line-up in 2015

Playstation 4 653 71.92%

Xbox One 255 28.08%

Total:908
Normchacho said:
Azzanation said:

I am sorry but Halo 2 is a remake. Just because its bundled in with 4 other Halo games doesnt mean there all just upscaled versions. Halo 2 looks better then most next gen FPS games. Those screen shots above are very misleading as Killzone single player mode averages 30 to 45 frames where as Halo 2 is a flat 60. Very poor comparison.

Framerate Test

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rkQxzPVzweU (Killzone Shadowfall)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=20&v=4R6nB6YU8gk (Halo 2 Anniversary)

Quote *P.S. Halo 2 may be a remake, but it's still a 360 game and it's still certainly not made to the level of  8th gen games.* Lol really?

I can argue that i think Halo 2 Anniversary looks just as good as Killzone SF.

Still these lists are just bia fanboy nonsense trying to justify there purchase. If i wanted to, i can make a list for PC and show the world how many exclusives PC gamers have, but to me thats not what makes a great machine.

1. KZ is also full 1080p, where Halo isn't.

2. hahaha which 8th gen fps games look worse than Halo 2: A? Not Battlefield 4 or Hardline, not CoD: AW, or Battlefront, or Destiny, or Wolfenstein, or Farcry 4...

Bold: I guess that's true, you could argue that. Just like I could argue that Halo 3 looks better than Halo 5. I mean, we'd both be demostratably wrong...but we could argue those points.

You see your basing the game off its resolution. Remember Halo 2 not only looks as good as games like Destiny but its a rock solid 60 frames which Destiny isnt and basing from facts and logic, a 30 frame game will look better then a 60 frame game. Halo 2 runs 20 frames smoother then Killzone SF and if they made Halo 2 30 frames then it would have achieved a full 1080p while the only way Killzone could achieve 1080p/60 was to reduce the resolution in multiplayer ands still couldnt average 60 frames.  

Now i am not saying Halo 2 is the best looking FPS game on the market but if you see it in action or watch clips, its a very beutiful game to look at, just like the other FPS games that struggle to hold a 60 frame rate.

In my opinion Halo 2 looks just as good as Killzone, and judging from the links iv sent you, there isnt much between the two games except Killzone went for more the cinematic style while Halo went for more the in-your-face style.

You can say Halo 3 looks as good as Halo 5, but thats just laughable and childish.

Around the Network
binary solo said:
LordLichtenstein said:

Can you do a list that removes games available on PC? So actual exclusives only playable on PS4/Xb one?

Would be nice but it's a lot to ask of one guy.  Personally, I'm okay with his rules..... for the most part.  I wouldn't call this an "exclusives" thread, though.  More like a "comparison" thread.

Azzanation said:
Normchacho said:

2. hahaha which 8th gen fps games look worse than Halo 2: A? Not Battlefield 4 or Hardline, not CoD: AW, or Battlefront, or Destiny, or Wolfenstein, or Farcry 4...

Bold: I guess that's true, you could argue that. Just like I could argue that Halo 3 looks better than Halo 5. I mean, we'd both be demostratably wrong...but we could argue those points.

You see your basing the game off its resolution. Remember Halo 2 not only looks as good as games like Destiny but its a rock solid 60 frames which Destiny isnt and basing from facts and logic, a 30 frame game will look better then a 60 frame game. Halo 2 runs 20 frames smoother then Killzone SF and if they made Halo 2 30 frames then it would have achieved a full 1080p while the only way Killzone could achieve 1080p/60 was to reduce the resolution in multiplayer ands still couldnt average 60 frames.  

Now i am not saying Halo 2 is the best looking FPS game on the market but if you see it in action or watch clips, its a very beutiful game to look at, just like the other FPS games that struggle to hold a 60 frame rate.

In my opinion Halo 2 looks just as good as Killzone, and judging from the links iv sent you, there isnt much between the two games except Killzone went for more the cinematic style while Halo went for more the in-your-face style.

You can say Halo 3 looks as good as Halo 5, but thats just laughable and childish.

What? Your saying Halo 2 looks as good as Destiny and saying Halo 3 does not look as well as Halo 5. Thats just rubbish because a game from the 6th gen (remade or not) wont look as good as something that came out last year.

S.T.A.G.E. said:
Versus_Evil said:

And you'll see in the sales department why it means jack shit. But keep trying.

Dude....Microsoft tends to beat Sony the last two months of the fourth quarter in America. This year they are bringing a cheaper price and more exclusives with them towards Black Friday and Christmas. $350 price point, Halo 5 is going to be huge (possibly sell 8 mil LTD), XBox Ones will fly off of the shelf. Tomb Raider will be exclusive to the Xbox for a year essentially (Thats just the reality of it). I can only really speak for America, but the chances are that it might affect Europe as well this year.

I'll take that bet. Terms?

Yup, there is no empirical way to argue the xb1 has a lineup as good as the ps4's, unless you mean it has more halo/forza/gears... Then yes obviously ,but there is so much more out there!  I only wish game "journalists" did not let themselves be manipulated by the ms pretty pr machine into thinking their games are all that count

Around the Network
2008ProchargedGT said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

Dude....Microsoft tends to beat Sony the last two months of the fourth quarter in America. This year they are bringing a cheaper price and more exclusives with them towards Black Friday and Christmas. $350 price point, Halo 5 is going to be huge (possibly sell 8 mil LTD), XBox Ones will fly off of the shelf. Tomb Raider will be exclusive to the Xbox for a year essentially (Thats just the reality of it). I can only really speak for America, but the chances are that it might affect Europe as well this year.

I'll take that bet. Terms?

Loser has to put a clown Avatar and win or lose S.T.A.G.E. Is the best goes on either sig.  Deal? ;)

No seriously though, you can look it up....its pretty much guaranteed that Microsoft will win November and december and most likely this year october. October they will have the Preorders in the bag for Halo from jump. If you want to do this its on you. Economic speaking...its pretty much already in my favor. Sony can win the first tree quarters, but Microsoft always makes their mark in the last quarter and they did it with a lower priced Xbox One, Sunset Overdrivr and an Assassins Creed Bundle and Halo MCC. Imagine what happens when they have a Halo bundle with a freshly dropped Halo title (first of the gen) and people are buying Xboxes just to get their hands on that game? 

If you really want this, then Loser has to have a clown avatar for a month of the winners choosing. Loser also has to say that they winner is the best for a month. :)

alabtrosMyster said:

Yup, there is no empirical way to argue the xb1 has a lineup as good as the ps4's, unless you mean it has more halo/forza/gears... Then yes obviously ,but there is so much more out there!  I only wish game "journalists" did not let themselves be manipulated by the ms pretty pr machine into thinking their games are all that count

Halo, Gears, Tomb Raider, Forza, Fable legends and BC all dropping in 4th quarter. Its a done deal. Theres no compelling Sony exclusives that are really going to compell people during black friday to buy a PS4 over an Xbox one in America. Worldwide, perhaps, but not in America where 4th quarter hype tends to revolve.

jason1637 said:
Azzanation said:

What? Your saying Halo 2 looks as good as Destiny and saying Halo 3 does not look as well as Halo 5. Thats just rubbish because a game from the 6th gen (remade or not) wont look as good as something that came out last year.

Yeah because Halo 2 looks better then Halo 3, have you not played the remasters? From your statment i am guessing no.

we should alter this to "true exclusives", as in no Gen VII, no PC, no handhelds....

...Then Add Nintendo to the mix.

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

Azzanation said:
Normchacho said:

Graphics are way more than resolution and framerate. The lighting, shadows, models, textures, animations, AA, and even audio (which both adds to the presentation, and takes considerable resources) in KZ:SF are so, so, so far beyond what you see in Halo2:A. 

You may prefere the aesthetic or Halo 2:A over KZ:SF (or even Destiny), just like how I prefere the aesthetic of say Journey to that of Farcry 4. That doesn't mean I'm going to go around saying Journeys graphics are better than Farcyrs. Because as technical pieces, they (Journey, or Halo 2:A) aren't even on the same planet as full 8th gen games.

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.