By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Did anyone think Uncharted 4 graphics were bad?

Did anyone think Uncharted 4 graphics were bad?

Yes,they need to up there game 82 14.49%

No,they were fine 484 85.51%

Total:566
enlightenedmaster said:

yeah those really look very great but we will see when we play the game

concept have been shown again and gain and screenshots but when you play the game they turn out pretty different and i have said again and gain in the thread that uncharted 4 character models are pretty good as it is a story and hero based game

still the overall game looked downgraded over last year

What the hell are you on about? Those are from the game and they easily equal what was shown at E3.

The PS5 Exists. 

Around the Network

I have close to a top of the line computer.

I can see why it isn't jaw dropping. That being said, even for me the crowded areas were amazing.

the-pi-guy said:
enlightenedmaster said:

Alright I searched Uncharted 4 downgrade this time.  Every result was from 6 months ago.  Except for this 1.  

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/691087-playstation-4/72018807

if you search a bit more,you will also find E3 bad gamer view threads it just the E3 hype has overwhelmed them

The only person who said it looked worse was the OP.  Everyone else said it looks a lot better.  

Why does the time matter?  

Well 6 months ago was when the first gameplay trailer was shown off, before that was just the cutscene.  
You can't compare cutscene to gameplay.  There's a difference in quality, there was also a major difference in how the scenes were lighted.  Lightning is one of the most important aspects of visuals.  Look at this, life is dark and textureless.  Right?  

when i saw E3 2014 trailer,i actually didn't even like that as i like a DICE's art style more and UNCHARTED games are controlled single direction games and have a little different art style and hollywood cinematic experience so i wasn't really stunned but i liked the trailer alot atleast as UNCHARTED is one of the my fav game franchises aof all time.

but as it is people were going nut but from previous experience i didn't expect GRAPHICS bar to be maintained as many many games had later downgrade their graphics.

One thing i expected was WOW graphics,ground breaking and game changing graphics and actuall even better graphics than the E3 2014 trailer as i myself am a GRAPHIC LOVER as that makes the game much much more exciting when you play life-like games

but also because of NEXT GEN HARDWARE and the way graphics were improving and many of the concepts and demo's i had seen for better hardware and i demand alot from anything be it MOVIES or GAMES or MUSIC or SPORT or anything as i am a perfectionist

i wasn't expecting E3 2014 graphics but i didn't expect GRAND thing from NAUGHTY DOG and UNCHARTED because of their history

Life i not dark or bland,its perfect.it has perfect balance of visuals

You just can't.  Secondly I have no idea what colorless is talking about.  Only the original unveiling was somewhat colorless.  Everything since then has been an improvement, and yet you call downgrade?  Uncharted is one of the games people love because it's not colorless.  

i loved the mud scene,perfecto-what i was expecting from naughty dog

actually the original unveiling had much better colors and lignting.it was perfect for a dark scene.

everything since then as far as colors go had actually been low,just look at HORIZON and its colors.they look so damn vibrant and infamous seond son and shadowfall and driveclub  are spot on

uncharted might be colorful but uncharted 4 really looked a little bland

I see green grass, green trees, brown dirt.  There are lots of yellow, orange, tinges because those levels take place in the desert.  Exactly the color they are supposed to be.  

What part of that screenshot is colorless?  

Watch this.  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ZFquhQiC88

Compare that too:

I see green grass, green trees, brown dirt.  There are lots of yellow, orange, tinges because those levels take place in the desert.  Exactly the color they are supposed to be.  

What part of that screenshot is colorless?  

Watch this.  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ZFquhQiC88

i meant perfect color depth and brightness not that they are what colors they are supposed to be

We don't know what the poll people are thinking, they aren't telling us anything.  

For all we know a few people accidentally clicked on the wrong option.  

now don'y bullshit,riduculous...people clicked the wrong options

it like i am having a conversation a child

problem its acidental that you were born

Moderated -StarOcean

Graphics sucked gears 4 looked a lot better tbh.

Ow...wait.no they didnt.

My youtube gaming page.

http://www.youtube.com/user/klaudkil

GribbleGrunger said:
enlightenedmaster said:

yeah those really look very great but we will see when we play the game

concept have been shown again and again and screenshots but when you play the game they turn out pretty different and i have said again and gain in the thread that uncharted 4 character models are pretty good as it is a story and hero based game

still the overall game looked downgraded over last year

What the hell are you on about? Those are from the game and they easily equal what was shown at E3.

yes but many in-game screens for many high budget and high end games have chnaged many times in the past

and screen many times looks good as its enlarged shown by dev but when you play,you never really see that much detail

Around the Network

What? Uncharted is definitely the most technically impressive game on consoles.

JRPGfan said:
"Did anyone think Uncharted 4 graphics were bad?"

The question becomes.... compaired to what?
A few better looking PC games you need a 1500$ pc to play?

mainly compared to uncharted series past and naughty dog's past

but also to other console games this gen

Looked great. I didn't think it looked so good that it couldn't run at 60 fps, but that's more a problem with the PS4 than ND. There's simply too much interactivity in the game for that Jaguar CPU.

enlightenedmaster said:
Rafie said:

What proves your point?

that every time the second biggest SONY franchise comes out on consoles,it has broken record and the expectations for UNCHARTED 4 are the same.just because its a very good looking makes it WOW but its not what hardcore fans are expecting

It's not what YOU'RE expecting. I think your own poll shows that most of us here, and others, think the game's graphics look stunning.

Also, whether you believe it is or not, The Order is definitely one of the best looking games so far. My opinion is shared with the majority of gamers as well. Graphically, of course.

one of the best...........sure but the best............its pretty comparable to many other games this generation not saying it isn't very very good looking.

Name a game it's comparable to. I can only think of one.

Bad is....welll bad! I don't even know how to respond to that. If someone sad your face looks pretty "bad". How else would you interpret that?!

well if CRYSIS 4 came out and it didn't become the best looking game,wouldn't you say it is pretty bad.

CRYSIS 4 wouldn't be compared to any game but its history and its expectations.odn't you know the meaning of expectations?

No I would never say it looks bad. If a game looks good...then it looks good. Sunset Overdrive look gorgeous. Just because it's not graphically better than Uncharted 4 doesn't mean Sunset Overdrive looks bad. You might want to find more suitable words to get your points across. I know the meaning of expectation. You obviously have a different interpretation.

Capcom's business practices are bad. How would you gauge that?! Jake's car is in bad shape. Again, how would you look at that? Bad is bad. I can't believe you choose to argue that.

bad is not horrendus,capcoms buisness practives could be horrendus or totally cut-throat.bad is the basic word to describe not good.i don't know what dictionary did you grow up with but bad it is pretty normal day use word

You're missing the point. Also, I just gave you examples of the word "bad". Don't attempt to insult my intelligence by throwing jabs. There are quite a few responses to you from others educating you on the same thing. I've already made my point. Bad is bad. If you're using it as an expression, then that would be something else. Like saying something is "bad-ass". However, this isn't that. Look at the majority of the responses to you. You are saying that UC4 graphics are bad, when it's not. I'm not arguing your opinion about why you believe it. I believe it's a poor choice of words on your part.

Lastly,  I said "CLEARLY", not "bad" normally means "without a shadow of a doubt". Read my post again.

yes when you compare the best GRAPHICS on CONSOLE game after game,it is clearing not up to its expectations is what i meant.i just exaggerated a bit.even that is pretty much done in normal conversation.

it i wanted to bash UNCHARTED 4 then i would use it stunk or it was shit and amateur but i din't go anywhere near those words

That's all you had to say. You certainly exaggerated and could have used better words. That's all I was saying. You could have said it was lacking, then explained in the OP on why it was lacking. I would have never said anything. To say it's bad is just...idk. Obviously it's your opinion. Like my replies are mine. I'm not attacking you. I just wanted to know why.

I've responded in italics.

PSN ID- RayCrocheron82

XBL Gamertag- RAFIE82

NNID- RAFIE82/ Friend Code: SW-6006-2580-8237

YouTube- Rafie Crocheron

Nope, perfectly fine. I preffer photo-realism, but dev intention was other and os good.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."