By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Did anyone think Uncharted 4 graphics were bad?

Did anyone think Uncharted 4 graphics were bad?

Yes,they need to up there game 82 14.49%

No,they were fine 484 85.51%

Total:566
TheBlackNaruto said:
enlightenedmaster said:
TheBlackNaruto said:

How did you come to this conclusion? That the graphics are and I quote "clearly bad compared to its expectatios"? The game looks INCREDIBLE, the physics, character models, dynamics, lighting everything. It is heads and shoulders about the other Uncharted games and this is still only the start of the generation! To say you expected one more is one thing but to say it looks bad is just flat out not true. I have read quite a few articles on different gaming sites stating how good the game looks and seeing it in motion was even more impressive.

What exactly do you think makes it look bad?

the physics,open world,interactibility and character models look very good

but graphics and color pallete as a whole weren't the best and not upto NAUGHTY DOG and UNCHARTED reputation

By bad i didn't mean its look one of the worst of ridiculous but just comparing it to its expectations and to say its ust the start of the generation is nonsense when its the third year of generation and Naughty dog has already ported LAST of US to PS4 and there are better looking games out ther

If you read quite a few articles about how good a game is then you should also read alot bashing it and talking about downgrade for the last six months and also that fanboys and people hype up top games all the time,heck people think LAST GUARDIAN has one of the best graphics........hehe.They always do this so its not much suprise

Seeing it in motion is good but UNCHARTED games have always had realistic physics and gameplay so that had to be there,its part which makes uncharted games look and feel realitics

my main criticism is about graphics not been crisp enought and not having and polish and sparkle and and gradioisity and also the color palette looked a little too bland and washed out

The only thing that has been said is that it did not look like the E3 2014 trailer which is doesn't. But the game is still BEAUTIFUL none the less and defintely one of the best out there which is what is also being said. I think the issue you are having is that is is not "photo realistic" which it doesn't need to be. And where did the color palette look bland and washed out? Did we watch the same video? And seriously to still be over a year away the game has plenty of time to be even more crisp and polished that what it already is. Also porting a game that was already created and building a game from the ground up are two different things(regarding The Last of Us). I don't know man it just seems like you are trying to make something out of nothing.

if many of the PS3 game were outstanding and with PS4 hardware,it should be near photo-realistic

i don't expect outright photo-realism as that is 1-2generatiosn away but with the resources being spent on games,people can easily expect it.

compare the game to GTA5,Shadowfall,Infamous Second son,driveclub,forza,need for speed and even Horizon,it look pretty washed out though i'm not blaming that for graphics but naughty dog's vision.they just just tweak and change everything.Check those game and then compare.

and yeah they could change the graphics big time in 1 year but most times,what dev show as gameplays and trailer,final game doesn't  change much.i have hoped that time and again with my most anticipated games.

yeah i get it with LAST of US but they did get some expertise from it which should help them with UNCHARTED 4 when its almost coming out 1.5 years from it.

i'm not making out something out of nothing.either you just aren't too hardcore,don't have big expectations and are new or just a casual fan and probably don't care about graphics much.

Around the Network
the-pi-guy said:

Because lots of games are very cheap developments.  

If every game was "out of this world", then it wouldn't exactly be special.  

thats what i said,why repeating it.

game graphics being out of this world wudn't make it not special but its concept copying another game

Of course it does, for the simple reasons of different lightning, different camera, different requirements for what's being rendered.  

yes but when devs show out of the world leap in game design,they should showcase the same exactly WOW design for final game which most of the time never happens

I really don't think you've played The Order. 

And I'm not finding all these articles.  

don't find the articles but as a gamer when you debate you should be following game news or the debate will just go off-rail

-CraZed- said:
TheBlackNaruto said:
enlightenedmaster said:

the physics,open world,interactibility and character models look very good

but graphics and color pallete as a whole weren't the best and not upto NAUGHTY DOG and UNCHARTED reputation

By bad i didn't mean its look one of the worst of ridiculous but just comparing it to its expectations and to say its ust the start of the generation is nonsense when its the third year of generation and Naughty dog has already ported LAST of US to PS4 and there are better looking games out ther

If you read quite a few articles about how good a game is then you should also read alot bashing it and talking about downgrade for the last six months and also that fanboys and people hype up top games all the time,heck people think LAST GUARDIAN has one of the best graphics........hehe.They always do this so its not much suprise

Seeing it in motion is good but UNCHARTED games have always had realistic physics and gameplay so that had to be there,its part which makes uncharted games look and feel realitics

my main criticism is about graphics not been crisp enought and not having and polish and sparkle and and gradioisity and also the color palette looked a little too bland and washed out

The only thing that has been said is that it did not look like the E3 2014 trailer which is doesn't. But the game is still BEAUTIFUL none the less and defintely one of the best out there which is what is also being said. I think the issue you are having is that is is not "photo realistic" which it doesn't need to be. And where did the color palette look bland and washed out? Did we watch the same video? And seriously to still be over a year away the game has plenty of time to be even more crisp and polished that what it already is. Also porting a game that was already created and building a game from the ground up are two different things(regarding The Last of Us). I don't know man it just seems like you are trying to make something out of nothing.

Are people really comparing the teaser trailer shown at E32014 to actual gameplay footage from this year? That's just plain dumb.

Well in this thread the OP did say it was a downgrade from the reveal trailer.

The absence of evidence is NOT the evidence of absence...

PSN: StlUzumaki23

Rafie said:
enlightenedmaster said:

No i'm not ignorant as UNCHARTED history and expectations and game graphics this generation on some title,proves my point

The order is not best looking game.its graphics are bland and have a white layer to them and got downgraded.

Naughty Dog with its reputation could have done much mich more.Yes it is one of the best looking games,i never said it was not.i was just comparing it to the best looking games and Uncharted and Naughty Dog's reputation

bad isn't even that bad of a word,its the most common word you use when you describe something people don't like.Casual words like Bad shouldn't be misinterpreted.

If I said the graphics were miserable,they stunk and work then you could point me out but for bad,are you kidding me?

bad isn't equal to 'without a shadow of doubt'.................lol.........are you seriously?.................they are far apart

What proves your point?

that every time the second biggest SONY franchise comes out on consoles,it has broken record and the expectations for UNCHARTED 4 are the same.just because its a very good looking makes it WOW but its not what hardcore fans are expecting

Also, whether you believe it is or not, The Order is definitely one of the best looking games so far. My opinion is shared with the majority of gamers as well. Graphically, of course.

one of the best...........sure but the best............its pretty comparable to many other games this generation not saying it isn't very very good looking

Bad is....welll bad! I don't even know how to respond to that. If someone sad your face looks pretty "bad". How else would you interpret that?!

well if CRYSIS 4 came out and it didn't become the best looking game,wouldn't you say it is pretty bad.

CRYSIS 4 wouldn't be compared to any game but its history and its expectations.odn't you know the meaning of expectations?

Capcom's business practices are bad. How would you gauge that?! Jake's car is in bad shape. Again, how would you look at that? Bad is bad. I can't believe you choose to argue that.

bad is not horrendus,capcoms buisness practives could be horrendus or totally cut-throat.bad is the basic word to describe not good.i don't know what dictionary did you grow up with but bad it is pretty normal day use word

Lastly,  I said "CLEARLY", not "bad" normally means "without a shadow of a doubt". Read my post again.

yes when you compare the best GRAPHICS on CONSOLE game after game,it is clearing not up to its expectations is what i meant.i just exaggerated a bit.even that is pretty much done in normal conversation.

it i wanted to bash UNCHARTED 4 then i would use it stunk or it was shit and amateur but i din't go anywhere near those words

Roronaa_chan said:
enlightenedmaster said:

many games this generation look that good

Nope, not a single one.

i wanted to say it will,i couldn't edit as i was away

but go check driveclub,shadowfall,battlfield 4 environments,they are pretty close to that trailer

and in future they will trump even that trailer

Around the Network
Heavenly_King said:
they looked better than in the previous demo

yup that was a relief

enlightenedmaster said:
TheBlackNaruto said:

if many of the PS3 game were outstanding and with PS4 hardware,it should be near photo-realistic

i don't expect outright photo-realism as that is 1-2generatiosn away but with the resources being spent on games,people can easily expect it.

compare the game to GTA5,Shadowfall,Infamous Second son,driveclub,forza,need for speed and even Horizon,it look pretty washed out though i'm not blaming that for graphics but naughty dog's vision.they just just tweak and change everything.Check those game and then compare.

and yeah they could change the graphics big time in 1 year but most times,what dev show as gameplays and trailer,final game doesn't  change much.i have hoped that time and again with my most anticipated games.

yeah i get it with LAST of US but they did get some expertise from it which should help them with UNCHARTED 4 when its almost coming out 1.5 years from it.

i'm not making out something out of nothing.either you just aren't too hardcore,don't have big expectations and are new or just a casual fan and probably don't care about graphics much.

And a majority of those PS3 games that looked that good came years after the console had been on the market and develpoers had time to really tap into the power of the console. This game easily looks better than GTA 5 to be honest it is not even a comparission unless you are talking about a maxed out PC version of GTA5. It looks better than Infamous SS but I like the lighiting better on SS so far. Killzone Shadow fall is beautiful and it is up there with some of the best looking games out on current gen systems. And as for the racing games honestly those games should be photo realistic but the art style of Uncharted does not shoot for that hence the reason it will never look like that in my opinion.

And I am a pretty hardcord gamer that loves a beautiful game but I know there is far more to a games graphics than being photo realistic. All games do not and SHOULD not aim for photo realisim how boring would that be? Different art styles are far better. And with the attention to detail and physics and hardcore gamer would be impressed with the "graphics" of Uncharted. Heck FoodforFather(I think that is his name lol) even said he was very impressed and he always complains about Naughty Dog games lol!

The absence of evidence is NOT the evidence of absence...

PSN: StlUzumaki23

enlightenedmaster said:
Heavenly_King said:
they looked better than in the previous demo

yup that was a relief

I think the graphics are very close now to the initial reveal, and there are like 9 more months to go.

the-pi-guy said:
enlightenedmaster said:

And yet, the problem is what you heard is the exact opposite of what I have heard.  

Only complaints I can hear about the original unveiling is a strange somewhat lack of color.  

throughout the game,the game have bland colors.i blame it on naughty dog's color selection.they did the same with LAST OF US.I like brighter colors to make game look more realistic.

come it to shadowfall and driveclub which outright trumps it in the color palette section

even look at HORIZON announced during the show.it was much much brighter

After that, we get "Uncharted looks amazing."

thats just hype talk or somebody who is not GRAPHICS crzy for games

If you could share these articles, it'd help to understand your point.  

just google,it you don't even have to research much.many articles and video on youtube say it.its outright news

And yes, lots of people in the poll said that it could look better.  They aren't talking about it, so it's difficult to understand what their position is. 

when 50 people said it could look better not just 5 then its pretty much expected that there is something significant

and the people aren't talk cause first its obvious to atleast a certain extent and second that most people you go on and on on forums are mainly who just defend and argue and are fans,thats why forums really are so commented across the net.normal people who find things obvious don't reply much.

Was the best in the show, but they expected even better.  Lots of people think the gen should have been more powerful.

if you think UCHARTED was best in the show then i really really doubt you gaming knowledge as hardcore fans won't say uncharted was in anyways the best.as HORIZON outright beat it.probably the UNCHARTED world,detail and physics were better but graphics,HORIZON outright beat it and even BATTLEFRONT beat it

Was it actually bad?  Why did they think that?  What does bland mean?  Did they even look at the trailer?  

Bland means plain and colorless.for example real world has dark green and bright color leafs but games always have light faded leafs

about looking at the trailer,you cud say the same abt people arguing and defending it

The problem with a poll is that you don't know what a person is thinking or what their reasoning is.  

the poll is not for that only statistics

TheBlackNaruto said:
enlightenedmaster said:
TheBlackNaruto said:

And a majority of those PS3 games that looked that good came years after the console had been on the market and develpoers had time to really tap into the power of the console.

PS4 is really a PC so devs need no shit training for it and its so powerful that even basic games should look better like even starting games for PS3 far outclassed PS2 games

This game easily looks better than GTA 5 to be honest it is not even a comparission unless you are talking about a maxed out PC version of GTA5. It looks better than Infamous SS but I like the lighiting better on SS so far. Killzone Shadow fall is beautiful and it is up there with some of the best looking games out on current gen systems. And as for the racing games honestly those games should be photo realistic but the art style of Uncharted does not shoot for that hence the reason it will never look like that in my opinion.

i was just talking about color palettes of shadowfall,infamous second son and gta

gta color palette atleast looked better than E3 uncharted 4 demo