By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Did anyone think Uncharted 4 graphics were bad?

Did anyone think Uncharted 4 graphics were bad?

Yes,they need to up there game 82 14.49%

No,they were fine 484 85.51%

Total:566

Now i am a big fan of Uncharted series,the gameplay,graphics,story,etc and am very excited about Uncharted 4 but when i saw the SONY E3 2015 gameplay of Uncharted 4,i was a bit underwhelmed.I was expecting much much more on the grphics scale.

Even when Uncharted 1 was first released and became a sleeper hit,when i first watched the triler,i didn't get suprised by graphics everybody was talking about but when I played the game,I understood.

Uncharted has  mixture of art graphics and realism and physics and its gameplay helps make it feel very realistic.Every iteration of Uncharted on whichever platofrm it has been realised has to come define than platform as a game and for its graphics and polish and has always been touted as the best graphics on consoles.

Now when i saw the E32014 reveal of Uncharted,the gameplay was not there just a CGI trailer so i didn't expect anything and didn't get WOW'd but expecting much more in terms of gameplay physics and realistic graphics.They SONY released a gameplay footage later in the year of Uncharted and again i wasn't really WOWd'd really and then they released gameplay footage at this years E3.

Analysing the E3 2015 footage,there are a couple of things.First is Polishing of graphics which just isn't there.The graphics aren't even smooth and shiny like i was expecting,they were bland.The only thing that came out to be great is theat it is a free-roam and populated world which shows how nicely its engineered.The graphics and physics are also very good as always in Uncharted games but they really really need to up the graphics polish otherwise it will have a difficult time recapturing it BEST GRAPHICS on Consoles Throne which many games since then have toppled.

DICE's Battlefield 4 and Battlefront and Killzone Shadow Fall looked by far the best photo-realistic graphics there are.

GTA5 and Infamous Second Son come close.

Around the Network

When the game releases you will eat these words. Sorry they didn't over mark it up like Witcher 3, Division, Watch_Dogs etc.
And no they don't look bad.

PSN: Saugeen-Uwo     Feel free to add me (put Vg Chartz as MSG)!

Nintendo Network ID: Saugeen-Uwo

They looked great. My other console is the Wii U so "Uncharted 4" obviously looked fantastic back to back with "Star Fox Zero".

Retro Tech Select - My Youtube channel. Covers throwback consumer electronics with a focus on "vid'ya games."

Latest Video: Top 12: Best Games on the N64 - Special Features, Episode 7

Iveyboi said:
When the game releases you will eat these words. Sorry they didn't over mark it up like Witcher 3, Division, Watch_Dogs etc.
And no they don't look bad.

Witcher 3,Watch Dogs didn't really have that good of graphics

Thought it looked fantastic. The environmental detail, like wooden planks breaking and sand bags being punctured, were especially impressive.

Around the Network

The shooting part wasnt that impressive but the driving part was insane, one of the best looking scenes for sure

It looks fucken insane!

best looking game at E3 hands down (Horizon coming in a close second)

PSN & XBOX GT : cutzman25

On the graphics end I thought the game looks great. Now OMG this cannot be done great but a very solid detail looking game. The parts I like the most is the environment which reacts to what the character is doing. I believe the physics engine is where things will shine the most then how pretty the game is.

I know people think UC4 looks like a open world game but I am sure its not. UC3 looked the same way but ND tightly controlled where you could go and I do not believe it will change here.

Star Fox Zero looks way better, graphically.