By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Did anyone think Uncharted 4 graphics were bad?

Did anyone think Uncharted 4 graphics were bad?

Yes,they need to up there game 82 14.49%

No,they were fine 484 85.51%

Total:566
JRPGfan said:
"Did anyone think Uncharted 4 graphics were bad?"

The question becomes.... compaired to what?
A few better looking PC games you need a 1500$ pc to play?

many consoles game look better than UNCHARTED even now

Around the Network
DakonBlackblade said:
Is this the only thing ppl say these days ? Taht every games graphics look bad ? Anyone who thinks Uncharted 4 graphics are bad is just insane, period.

insane or just a hardcore fan

-CraZed- said:
enlightenedmaster said:
Iveyboi said:
When the game releases you will eat these words. Sorry they didn't over mark it up like Witcher 3, Division, Watch_Dogs etc.
And no they don't look bad.

Witcher 3,Watch Dogs didn't really have that good of graphics

That's his point. Or are you saying that the inital reveals of those games didn't look all that good in terms of graphics. In which I have to say you are BSing here.

All everyone talked about before those games released was how amazing they looked (and they certainly looked fantastic) and the final result was a slight downgrade in terms of visual quality. Though IMHO The Witcher still looks great.

i actually misunderstood his statement at bit

globalisateur said:

We don't agree on everything but I agree that something was amiss with this UC4 demo. You talked about realism in previous uncharted games and that exactly that for me, this E3 demo was too much a cinematic cartoon.

When I was watching it I knew I was watching a videogame during all scenes and most particularly during the car chase which was really the most underwhelming scene for me. Too cinematic, too blurry, 60% of the screen being wrecked by the excessive motion blur, I don't know what's impressive at looking at a blurry mess.

i actually love cinematic games and especially uncharted series pioneering hollywood cinematic games and loved the gampay in the demo and physics

Even if I think you are wrong on the technical aspects, the demo was probably the most impressive tech of E3.

overall yes because of open world and interactibility and physics but that was expected of an uncharted game

i found HORIZON much much more impressive as it was a suprise and love its graphics and gameplay

For me, apparently like you, the most impressive game, just the graphics, was Battlefront (which was running on a real PS4, too) which was so realistic and immersive (and at 60fps even if not locked), it won the most impressive game of E3 award IMO.

yup battlefront was great

i didn't like they didn't add space gamplay,single player and some more interactibility and the bad gamer views it was getting,i though it could easily bomb

but DICE probably redeemed themselves and could be one of the biggest hits this fall

But my overall best game of E3 2015 is still The Last Guardian.

what did you think of LAST GUARDIAN graphics

i though SONY should have done alot more after 8 years and NEXT GEN platform

enlightenedmaster said:

i wanted to say it will,i couldn't edit as i was away

but go check driveclub,shadowfall,battlfield 4 environments,they are pretty close to that trailer

and in future they will trump even that trailer

No they're not. I've played all those games.

Around the Network
enlightenedmaster said:

what did you think of LAST GUARDIAN graphics

i though SONY should have done alot more after 8 years and NEXT GEN platform

I think all things considered, now that we know that the old trailer has never ran on a PS3 and it was pre-rendered, when I compare UC4 with The last Guardian I think The Last Guardian graphics are a bit better than UC4 IMO, because somehow, I am more impressed by them and I consider them more realistic, more organic, than UC4s which I find rather lifeless.

Even if I know that UC4 pushes more polygons, more lighting, more textures and much more details, The last Guardian scale and animation somehow impresses me more than UC4, but maybe I am biased because I loved Ico and SoC.

And I think that technically TLG is still one of the most graphically impressive PS4 exclusive game even if there are still a few low poly objects here and there, and that can easily be improved until the release of the game because we know that the PS4 is not bottlenecked at all by high polygon counts (Infamous SS often displays 11 millions of polygons in one screen at >30fps).

I thought they were fine. No issues from me. I think the game looks like lots of fun personally.

Gotta figure out how to set these up lol.

enlightenedmaster said:

Now i am a big fan of Uncharted series,the gameplay,graphics,story,etc and am very excited about Uncharted 4 but when i saw the SONY E3 2015 gameplay of Uncharted 4,i was a bit underwhelmed.I was expecting much much more on the grphics scale.

Even when Uncharted 1 was first released and became a sleeper hit,when i first watched the triler,i didn't get suprised by graphics everybody was talking about but when I played the game,I understood.

Uncharted has  mixture of art graphics and realism and physics and its gameplay helps make it feel very realistic.Every iteration of Uncharted on whichever platofrm it has been realised has to come define than platform as a game and for its graphics and polish and has always been touted as the best graphics on consoles.

Now when i saw the E32014 reveal of Uncharted,the gameplay was not there just a CGI trailer so i didn't expect anything and didn't get WOW'd but expecting much more in terms of gameplay physics and realistic graphics.They SONY released a gameplay footage later in the year of Uncharted and again i wasn't really WOWd'd really and then they released gameplay footage at this years E3.

Analysing the E3 2015 footage,there are a couple of things.First is Polishing of graphics which just isn't there.The graphics aren't even smooth and shiny like i was expecting,they were bland.The only thing that came out to be great is theat it is a free-roam and populated world which shows how nicely its engineered.The graphics and physics are also very good as always in Uncharted games but they really really need to up the graphics polish otherwise it will have a difficult time recapturing it BEST GRAPHICS on Consoles Throne which many games since then have toppled.

DICE's Battlefield 4 and Battlefront and Killzone Shadow Fall looked by far the best photo-realistic graphics there are.

GTA5 and Infamous Second Son come close.

'They need to up THEIR game' :P

Gotta figure out how to set these up lol.

I thought it looked fantastic.

I wouldnt call them bad but they were not mind blowing either