By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Nomura Says the Final Fantasy VII Remake May Deviate From Its Source Material

Changes are welcome as long as they don't destroy the main game. :)

Around the Network
The Fury said:

You didn't like the weird tower defense minigame mid way through the RPG? Shame. Knowing how they do it, I can see them just removing Fort Condor entirely and just having a boss battle in it's place.

And you know, of all your extras, I want none of them. The game was already big, with Chocobo racing and breeding, extra bosses.

Man, I just thought, can't wait to see what Cait Sith look like.

I guess he won't look much differently from Advent Children complete:

That being said, I don' see Red XIII disguising as a shinra soldier (?) anytime soon. So I guess some of the silly humor will be gone. The look of the game so far is very dark...

As for other changes, I'm hoping they are all for the best, like RE -> REmake.

Don't change:
Material system
unlock able skippable characters
secret side quests
Anything about aerith
golden saucer
chocobos

Add:
Ultima weapons and armors
more secret bosses like emerald ruby
more mini games
More secret characters
special materia combos
summons and quests for summons (like ff8)

haxxiy said:

I guess he won't look much differently from Advent Children complete:

That being said, I don' see Red XIII disguising as a shinra soldier (?) anytime soon. So I guess some of the silly humor will be gone. The look of the game so far is very dark...

As for other changes, I'm hoping they are all for the best, like RE -> REmake.

He looks good there. There is so much silly humour in the game, so much will be lost if they do it all serious. It needs that humour. Red XIII dressed as a Shinra Soldier, the dates (it could be with Barrett. ), the entire dressing up as a woman thing, the running up the stairs (that entire comedy routine could be lost), the fight with that guy in rocket town where a truck comes out of nowhere and finishes the battle, The turks talking over who they fancy, Barrett keeping his sailor suit as PJs.... they could miss so much.

Hmm, pie.

I'm fine with some change. It's inevitable with a remake but then again, too much change be really bad. I just hope it's done right. Just don't dumb it down with highlighted paths and simplified inventory. Let the artstyle be similar to the old game.

Around the Network

I'm worried about they cutting corners. If they add things to the story we will have a 150GB+ game. And i think that is not feasible at today standards.

The Fury said:
haxxiy said:

He looks good there. There is so much silly humour in the game, so much will be lost if they do it all serious. It needs that humour. Red XIII dressed as a Shinra Soldier, the dates (it could be with Barrett. ), the entire dressing up as a woman thing, the running up the stairs (that entire comedy routine could be lost), the fight with that guy in rocket town where a truck comes out of nowhere and finishes the battle, The turks talking over who they fancy, Barrett keeping his sailor suit as PJs.... they could miss so much.

I think the Cloud awkward moments were confirmed on Eurogamer? Or was that just Nomura talking about the whole game. Either way, I'm sure most of that should still be in. Except the really bad ones like soldier Red XIII and dolphin riding.

Now, will Barrett and Cid really cuss or they'll just keep the @#?! symbols (or loud beeps since it will be spoken now)? I wonder if they'll push for a M or T rating. I'm guessing it will be M with all the awkwardness, not to mention AC complete had a lot of blood going on...

Edit - and kisses and implied sex scenes. I think they will do those too.

Cool

Just don't change the battle system at all and I will be fine. The new battle systems are what killed Final Fantasy games after X-2.

The Fury said:
teigaga said:

I actually dissagree with this. After seeing the trailer and how ridiculous large and lively Midgar was, I think its best they focus on making all iconic and crutial loations as believable and rich as possible. If they can do that and incoprorate every locale from the world map into the game then great, but if it means waiting til 2020 then no thanks.

I think he meant the actual world map, not everything. The individual towns and locations will have been upgraded to silly levels.  Imagine Junon, a massive military base with personel wandering around (or in this case, getting ready for your leader to visit), with a massive cannon sitting above it all. But the world map, needs to be simple and an actual world map like before, it can be bigger and prettier, but it still needs to be a world map. You know with a ship later and the Tiny Broncho earlier only being able to explore shallow water. That kind stuff.

yep. this is what I picture. Give a sense of scope to the games that have been lacking since FF9. Just played FFX HD and it just reiterated to me how much the lack of a world map makes a game feel smaller.

psn- tokila

add me, the more the merrier.