By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Nomura Says the Final Fantasy VII Remake May Deviate From Its Source Material

Oh god here we go...

Around the Network

I think to appeal to fans of both fighting styles, they should have an option to choose from turn based and action fights. I could definitely see myself playing both ways, especially if you get to choose between the different fighters in "action mode," like Nomura intended for FFXV. The story needs to stay the same, only with refined dialogue and quality VOs. It would also be sweet to have camera control, which I'm sure you will, but also be able to click in the R3 button and have the camera stick to the original's camera angles.

All I can say is... Don't fuck it up

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

With Final Fantasy VII being remade, are you more excited to finally remake this, or nervous because of the years of players' built-up expectations?

Nomura: When I create anything, I feel no pressure for some reason. When the trailer was announced yesterday, I was texting Kazushige Nojima and Yoshinori Kitase, but I sensed that one of them was nervous and it was interesting to me. Seeing the reactions made everything worth it. Nojima said he is very determined to make this after seeing the reaction. I asked “you weren’t sure before that?” Haha. The news of the remake is impacting so many people. I couldn’t sleep last night because my phone was blowing up! So many people are congratulating me that I feel like “Oh wow, maybe I did do something profound here!” 

BasilZero said:

Dont care what ya'll think ;)

Crisis Core was a beast of a game!

Not dissing Crisis Core, but that is that and FF7 is FF7.

Around the Network
tokilamockingbrd said:

yep. this is what I picture. Give a sense of scope to the games that have been lacking since FF9. Just played FFX HD and it just reiterated to me how much the lack of a world map makes a game feel smaller.

If you ever get a chance, try just running from Tomb of Raithwall to the Balfirheim Port in FFXII. It's one side of the map to the other. Trust me, it takes a while. FFX does feel small compared to most as most areas aren't that bit and it's meant to be the world we are travelling across. In FFXII, it's just part of Ivalice.

Hmm, pie.