By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Nomura Says the Final Fantasy VII Remake May Deviate From Its Source Material

What he means is that the game won't just be a graphics update of the original.

The experience will be fresh and new, not just because of how it looks, but also because of tweaks, upgrades and other such alterations. No point remaking the game if all you want to do is give the thing an other coat of paint.

I'm fine with that.

But he also said this, which I think points to the game still being very true to the original:

"How the new, slightly darker aesthetic sits with some of the crazier elements of the original game remains to be seen, but it seems they'll be intact. Can't wait to see the delicious sight of Cloud in a dress in glorious HD? "Please look forward to it," said Nomura as the interview came to a close."

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2015-06-17-it-seems-like-final-fantasy-7s-remake-wont-lose-so-much-of-the-crazy

Around the Network

As long as my pretty lady-boy cloud isn't cut and I can still go on a date with Barret at the gold saucer I'm fine.

It seems they are going to do a full overhaul. They should essential take each part of the game and recreate it. So a large thriving midgar with more things to do in it or more cinematic scenes, but still the basic flow. Terrorist attack with the train regroup and Sector 7 hideout. Just depict it in full 3D render and camera angles. Items and everything can be totally altered to match the feel of the newly fleshed out world. I just hope they keep the ATB, but they have free reign to add more content to it and make it a little fresh. It's not like they should hit for hit make it the same. Same enemies only, same attacks only, same locations only. Make it new and a challenge and make the world come alive.

Before the PS3 everyone was nice to me :(

A cold chill just went through the balls/vag of every FF VII fan.

BasilZero said:
Mystro-Sama said:
A cold chill just went through the balls/vag of every FF VII fan.

Was it cause of my last post above yours?

Both that and the news. :P

Around the Network

just dont take away my gold saucer and ill be good

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

That's expected. Crisis Core will definitely have an effect on Final Fantasy VII's storyline. Things were retconned and characters, major characters at that, were added.

As long as the general flow of the game remains the same, I have no problem with tweaks and deviations.

PwerlvlAmy said:

Well the Gold Saucer could do with some changes too. But no way they'd just get rid of something so iconic!

All the game needs is some tweaks to the controls, changes to make the story flow better/easier to follow, and perhaps some more side content (selfish thing for me but let's see). There won't be any drastic changes because the fans would never allow it.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Conegamer said:
PwerlvlAmy said:

Well the Gold Saucer could do with some changes too. But no way they'd just get rid of something so iconic!

All the game needs is some tweaks to the controls, changes to make the story flow better/easier to follow, and perhaps some more side content (selfish thing for me but let's see). There won't be any drastic changes because the fans would never allow it.

They won't get rid of it. They just brought the Gold Saucer to FF XIV. They know full well that it's an iconic element of the franchise.

It will be very interesting to see just how much they'll update it. 

Hynad said:
Conegamer said:

They won't They just brought the Gold Saucer to FF XIV. They know it's an iconic element of the franchise.

It will be very interesting to see just how much they'll update it. 

Agreed. Wonder if they will add new games or just revamp the old ones? A mix of both would be nice! 

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.