By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Nomura Says the Final Fantasy VII Remake May Deviate From Its Source Material

Man, the Gold Saucer. I can just imagine how it will be in the new game. The Snowboarding and Motorcycle games could do with a full update. They should make the Boxing game similar to Punch-Out in all its glory.

Around the Network
Conegamer said:
Hynad said:

They won't They just brought the Gold Saucer to FF XIV. They know it's an iconic element of the franchise.

It will be very interesting to see just how much they'll update it. 

Agreed. Wonder if they will add new games or just revamp the old ones? A mix of both would be nice! 

That's pretty much a given. Considering there is bound to be some new such sequences (surfing and biking) in the main story. If they're just updated, then I'm also fine with that. Just make the controls more responsive, and it shall be a blast again to play (always was a fan of the bike ride =D).

The highway chase is going to be freaking epic!

Snowboarding is going to be fun.

Believe it!

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5

No female party members except for Lightning replacing Cloud.

Shadow1980 said:

1) Some tweaks to the Materia system are in order. The problem with Materia is that it make every player character a combination fighter/black mage/white mage. With an entire roster of functionally interchangeable PCs, it makes most of the cast largely superfluous from a gameplay standpoint. I was able to play through most of the game with the trio of Cloud, Tifa, and Barrett. I rarely used any of the rest unless it was forced on me, and that's because there was no need to rotate other characters out of the active party. There needs to be some changes in who can use what kind of Materia, how powerful any given Materia is in their possession, etc. Some characters should have an overall specialty, whether that be primarily physical attacks, or white magic, or black magic, or summons, with Materia used to enhance their overall role.

2) The ending. That damn cliffhanger was the most disappointing thing about FFVII. It took us eight years to finally find out what happened after the climax. Until Advent Children came out we had no idea what happened to everyone (except Red XIII, who we saw in the post-credits scene) once the screen flashed white and the credits began to roll. A more proper epilogue is definitely in order now.

1) So? See also FF6, FF8, FF12 etc. This is nothing new.

2) What cliff hanger? Ending was there to see they mentioned it in the story. Advent Children ruined that. The Holy magic was summoned to help the planet survive, that didn't just mean the meteor, Holy magic was also used to wipe out the humans who were destroying the planet coverting the lifestream into energy. Who was left in the very very end cutscene 500 years later? Red 13 plus his kids viewing a crumbling Midgar because no humans existed anymore. Advert Children and any 'sequel' ruined that ending. How could you not see that? I did, I was 13.

On subject, he'd better not change anything with the story... infact, no, don't change anything. Graphical upgrade only. I mean even with voices, I am going to love the Market scene of Cloud dressing up, if they remove that because it doesn't fit modern gaming, then it'll lose a huge part of it's charm.

Hmm, pie.

Around the Network

we'll only be able to control cloud only and everyone else is AI controlled

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

The Fury said:
Shadow1980 said:

1) Some tweaks to the Materia system are in order. The problem with Materia is that it make every player character a combination fighter/black mage/white mage. With an entire roster of functionally interchangeable PCs, it makes most of the cast largely superfluous from a gameplay standpoint. I was able to play through most of the game with the trio of Cloud, Tifa, and Barrett. I rarely used any of the rest unless it was forced on me, and that's because there was no need to rotate other characters out of the active party. There needs to be some changes in who can use what kind of Materia, how powerful any given Materia is in their possession, etc. Some characters should have an overall specialty, whether that be primarily physical attacks, or white magic, or black magic, or summons, with Materia used to enhance their overall role.

2) The ending. That damn cliffhanger was the most disappointing thing about FFVII. It took us eight years to finally find out what happened after the climax. Until Advent Children came out we had no idea what happened to everyone (except Red XIII, who we saw in the post-credits scene) once the screen flashed white and the credits began to roll. A more proper epilogue is definitely in order now.

1) So? See also FF6, FF8, FF12 etc. This is nothing new.

2) What cliff hanger? Ending was there to see they mentioned it in the story. Advent Children ruined that. The Holy magic was summoned to help the planet survive, that didn't just mean the meteor, Holy magic was also used to wipe out the humans who were destroying the planet make coverting the lifestream into energy. Who was left in the very very end cutscene 500 years later? Red 13 plus his kids viewing a crumbling Midgar because now humans existed anymore. Advert Children and any 'sequel' ruined that ending. How could you not see that? I did, I was 13.

On subject, he'd better not change anything with the story... infact, no, don't change anything. Graphical upgrade only. I mean even with voices, I am going to love the Market scene of Cloud dressing up, if they remove that because it doesn't fit modern gaming, then it'll lose a huge part of it's charm.

The ending of FF VII was special because it let you come to your own conclusion, based on your own interpretation.

I wish Advent Children and the other sequels were not canon and just "what ifs" because of that.

PwerlvlAmy said:

This is Nomura directing here, he won't pull a Tabata. Believe it!

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5
deskpro2k3 said:
PwerlvlAmy said:

This is Nomura directing here, he won't pull a Tabata. Believe it!

Okay. ATB is thrown away and it becomes an action RPG where you control Cloud only.

He is making FFVII with the vision he has about the FFVII Compilation. He will add things from Crisis Core, Advent Children and Dirge of Cerberus.  And I am perfectly fine with this.

DIS GONNA BE GOOD. GIF