By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Lets be honest, Gears 4 looks average at best.

what do you think of gears 4

fantastic 55 18.71%

good 51 17.35%

ok 59 20.07%

average 78 26.53%

bad 32 10.88%

shooting monsters is bad, mmkay? 6 2.04%

see results 13 4.42%

Total:294

It looked good but I don't like how it looks like as an Gears of war game. You have an special style of characters in the Gears trilogy and then you have this two that looks like they come from Resident Evil.

Around the Network

Game looks good, but so did the first three. I haven't seen anything that would separate them at all.

Also, while it is way too early to judge by one short excerpt --- no 4 player co-op?

how could you tell. i couldn't see anything past the first 30 seconds. they really need to increase the lighting because that was unplayable for me.

I was disappointed too, but its only been in development for a few months.

Uncharted 4's first reveal was crap as well. It will be much better/bigger next e3.

Last edited by OttoniBastos - on 24 July 2020

Around the Network

Yeah I'll admit that besides getting those graphics to run on an X1 I wasn't impressed by anything. Just yet another Gears...

Prediction for console Lifetime sales:

Wii:100-120 million, PS3:80-110 million, 360:70-100 million

[Prediction Made 11/5/2009]

3DS: 65m, PSV: 22m, Wii U: 18-22m, PS4: 80-120m, X1: 35-55m

I gauruntee the PS5 comes out after only 5-6 years after the launch of the PS4.

[Prediction Made 6/18/2014]

foodfather said:

Uncharted 4's first reveal was crap as well. It will be much better/bigger next e3.

it was in development since January 2014, so around a year and a half. 

lol, no it wasnt. 

@underlined: i honestly expect so. 

foodfather said:

What reveal are you talking about?  The first teaser wasn't really a reveal.  I hope you didn't mean those 16 minutes of amazing cliffside gameplay.

If that was bad, this was atrocious. 

Prediction for console Lifetime sales:

Wii:100-120 million, PS3:80-110 million, 360:70-100 million

[Prediction Made 11/5/2009]

3DS: 65m, PSV: 22m, Wii U: 18-22m, PS4: 80-120m, X1: 35-55m

I gauruntee the PS5 comes out after only 5-6 years after the launch of the PS4.

[Prediction Made 6/18/2014]

I'm guessing the majority of you complaining aren't Gears fans. If you were you wouldn't be complaining about it being dark because that's what set the tone in the original. I'm guessing they're taking it back to it's roots. I didn't see anything wrong with what they showed.

Love the product, not the company. They love your money, not you.

-TheRealMafoo

walsufnir said:
Let's be honest, if they had shown a cgi trailer instead, people would also complain, so instead they showed early gameplay footage which was probably built fast to at least show something at e3. But yes, it didn't look that good but it is premature to infer anything.

I think they knew they needed to show new gears. But yeah, definitely an early glimpse. 

Ran really well though, and as someone else said, it's not trying to reinvent the wheel.