By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Lets be honest, Gears 4 looks average at best.

what do you think of gears 4

fantastic 55 18.71%

good 51 17.35%

ok 59 20.07%

average 78 26.53%

bad 32 10.88%

shooting monsters is bad, mmkay? 6 2.04%

see results 13 4.42%

Total:294

Looked amazing with the way leaves and trees where moving with the lighting of the moon.

Around the Network

I'm interested on how they did the name format change which is standard when a series is starting to lose steam.

There's only 2 races: White and 'Political Agenda'
2 Genders: Male and 'Political Agenda'
2 Hairstyles for female characters: Long and 'Political Agenda'
2 Sexualities: Straight and 'Political Agenda'

I have to admit I was underwhelmed as well. I couldn't tell the difference between it and RE6 for some time. That guy is no Marcus Fenix and I doubt he'll ever stand beside him either. The new gameplay features are pretty sweet though. I hope those characters are secondary.

I wasn't disappointed by the gameplay. It looks like its returning to the gears we love after Judgement but I definitely wasn't wow'd either.

As someone who was an avid fan of the gears trilogy going so far as to make sniper montages for youtube back when those were popular, this preview does come off a bit underwhelming. However, this will be one of the few cases where I'm keen to give the developer more time to wow us before initial release. This used to be the reason I had a 360, really hoping they don't disappoint with suh a massive IP.

Around the Network

Watching that demo all I could think was, " Wait, is this a 1st party game of a high profile franchise " ??!!

I was not impressed at all. 5/10.

Gears 4's (and Halo 5's) predecessors had better (campaign) gameplay debuts if that's what you mean. IMO the scenes were poorly picked but that doesn't make the whole game average.

Well, to me, the formula was already great, and they delivered in terms of what I expected from a Gears game. It didn't blow my mind like a certain other TPS on another console, but it looked solid.

Playstation = The Beast from the East

Sony + Nintendo = WIN! PS3 + PSV + PS4 + Wii U + 3DS

I wasn't impressed either but I don't think we can judge the game yet.

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

To be honest, doesnt feel like a Gears game. What happened to hunky masculine characters???? I loved Gears 2. But this game makes me feel more like Uncharted than a Gears of War. The dog like monster they have been chasing looks nothing like a Locust neither. And looking at that girl holding up the Lancer Rifle... just feels not right. 

I actually think the game looks pretty good, nice graphics to boot. But they have thrown the Gears name into the trash.