By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Lets be honest, Gears 4 looks average at best.

what do you think of gears 4

fantastic 55 18.71%

good 51 17.35%

ok 59 20.07%

average 78 26.53%

bad 32 10.88%

shooting monsters is bad, mmkay? 6 2.04%

see results 13 4.42%

Total:294
walsufnir said:
Let's be honest, if they had shown a cgi trailer instead, people would also complain, so instead they showed early gameplay footage which was probably built fast to at least show something at e3. But yes, it didn't look that good but it is premature to infer anything.

I've never been a fan of Gears (preferred Halo on my 360) but I thought this footage was perfect for fans of the series.

Graphics are great. Gameplay similar to the other Gears games. What's wrong with it?

Around the Network
foodfather said:
I was disappointed too, but its only been in development for a few months.

Uncharted 4's first reveal was crap as well. It will be much better/bigger next e3.

Uncharted 4's first reveal was crap? Those are some heavy, heavy balls, good sir.

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian

twintail said:
The biggest difference for me between the Sony and MS conferences, was that all the live (or trailer) gameplay footage was just a lot more exciting with Sony. The worst offender is TR... that demo was just junk.

I thought Tomb Raider looked great. 

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

Graphically I think it looks awesome. But the game seem quite generic, as if it was simply Gears of War 3.5. I'll wait for the final version of course but if there is nothing new brought to the table I would be disappointed.

I'm not interested in the franchise, I never bought an Xbox console, and I still think it looks good. "Average at best" is just trolling.
Doom and Fallout 4 look average at best, Gears and Halo looked pretty good imo. Not Uncharted 4 good, but good.

Game of the year 2017 so far:

5. Resident Evil VII
4. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
3. Uncharted: The Lost Legacy
2. Horizon Zero Dawn
1. Super Mario Odyssey

Around the Network

Uh, no. Not in my opinion.

Graphics looked spectacular.
Classic Gears gameplay.
Very dark and tense atmosphere, been a long time since Gears was able to pull that off.

Not sure what more people could have expected. And Uncharted comparisons are irrelevant too, that game has been in development for four years.

It did its job for me. I can't wait to see more, and I'm even more pumped for the Ultimate Gears now. Was for me, the best part of E3 quite easily.

We can't judge a game by only 5 minutes of gameplay and without knowing the context of that segment.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

It looks pretty good. I don't think they really showed the best piece, same with Halo 5.
Eh, don't bring up UC4, while Uncharted has quite a bit of freedom and some interesting mechanics, it's shooting mechanics have always been under-average for a TPS.

I don't know banana. The OP reads like you've never played a Gears game. All three of the trilogy had a tonne of the dark, tense segments you saw there. Especially one and two.

Don't get me wrong, they also had intense, OTT action, and if the game lacked that in the end I would understand your concern.

But at this point there is simply no reason to suspect that the game wont be excellent.

People had doubts about 343 Industries as well. But then they released Halo 4, and everyone shut up. We've seen that when Microsoft invests fully in a new studio, the outcomes can be astounding.

And as the previous poster said Uncharted - whilst an excellent game in its own right - shares little in common with Gears. Obviously its an action adventure game, whereas Gears is not. But if you asked which is the best shooter...well, Uncharted would lose that fight against almost any Gears of War...perhaps even Judgement

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

Truth? I wasn't hyped for the original Gears of War but when I got it I loved it. I wasn't hyped for Gears 2 but when I got it, I loved it even more. I wasn't hyped for Gears 3 but when I got that, I loved it too! I wasn't hyped for Gears of War Judgment and when I finally played that.....well, uh....

Anyway, the Gears games never looked great to me when I watched others play. It's when I get the games in my hands that I enjoy them. Yeah, it looked boring but it always looks boring. And it always plays great.