By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Lets be honest, Gears 4 looks average at best.

what do you think of gears 4

fantastic 55 18.71%

good 51 17.35%

ok 59 20.07%

average 78 26.53%

bad 32 10.88%

shooting monsters is bad, mmkay? 6 2.04%

see results 13 4.42%

Total:294

That's weird... I thought it looked pretty freaking amazing to me...

Around the Network

Then The Order 1886 must be garbage. I lost $30+ on that crappy game so I dont mind putting $80 on a batter game now.

Watching this brought back memories of The Order 1886. I wasn't as excited about Gears 4 as much as I was excited seeing Gears 1, 2 or 3. It lacked story and charm the others had.

bananaking21 said:

Nothing really special happened in that gameplay demo. walk around, scripted events (that honestly werent even good) and then shoot at a monster. that was it. Compare that to Uncharted 4 Gameplay reveal or its E3 showing and there is a pretty big difference. i think its expected though, The Coalition is a new studio that never released a game, were given a relativily short 2.5 years dev time to make a new gears, and are expected to make a technical show case for the XB1. i think its just too much to ask them to push the genre forward. the game is still a year and half from release, lets hope the game improves a lot by then. 

The Graphics looked good, and the lighting was fantastic. but even the art style was meh. sure that crazy ass storm looked pretty intense, but it didnt really help the scene a lot. i know the game is a year and a half away from release, but thats about the same time UC4 was away from release when we first saw gameplay. UC4 just has a lot more freedom, enteractivity with the enviroment and much more fluid animations. 

but lets not compare it to the best, even compared to other TPS games, Gears 4 just looks... average... and i dont know how anybody could say other wise. 

How can you tell, I couldn't see a damn thing it was so dark.

Platinums: Red Dead Redemption, Killzone 2, LittleBigPlanet, Terminator Salvation, Uncharted 1, inFamous Second Son, Rocket League

Around the Network

developed by ready at dawn? :D
I dunno, didnt seem that great.
I really really loved the gears 3 commercial.

I personally liked it. I just want "Cole Train" to come back!

PSN ID- RayCrocheron82

XBL Gamertag- RAFIE82

NNID- RAFIE82/ Friend Code: SW-6006-2580-8237

YouTube- Rafie Crocheron

Well the Gears remaster beta is fun. And want to remind everyone that every day you play it you get a skin for it.

Let's not act like this thread wasn't going to come up after the show anyway. So predictable from ppl it isn't funny

Speaking as someone who doesn't like Gears of War, I actually liked what I saw with Gears 4. Seemed more interesting to me than previous entries and the tired super soldier formula.