By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Which one?

Microsoft 445 24.86%

Sony 1,344 75.08%

Total:1,789

Sony E3 2015 was one for the ages, I feel sorry for future conferences now as they cannot live up to that. First time I've got emotional at games at a conference in years.

Around the Network

Microsoft had a solid and interesting conference
Sony had a fantastic conference.

Good Lord have mercy... announcing a kickstarter and a multiplatform remake of a 20 year old game makes it the most legendary conference ever???

foodfather said:
Good Lord have mercy... announcing a kickstarter and a multiplatform remake of a 20 year old game makes it the most legendary conference ever???

If those games are freaking FF VII and Shenmue 3 then you're damn right it does.

Now that I calmed, I can give my opinion on which won.

I saw MS's conference, and I was surprised with the backwards compatibility and a bit with Halo, even if it's not my cup of tea. I might be biased to Sony's console, but even I admit they really had a great showing and I was thinking how Sony was going to counterattack.

I come back home from Jurassic World just to see the forums and the internet blowing up from The Last Guardian. I was frozen that day. And then just to see Horizon, Hitman, Final Fantasy VII and Shenmue III really, really surprised me. As I saw them announcing one after another, it gave me chills; it put me in disbelief. Announcing these games consecutively seemed like a pipe dream; something as unlikely as winning the lottery. The only thing I can say is that I don't care for Call of Duty, but having the game on their conference is a big surprise of years and years of being on Xbox. Then the Uncharted 4 cherry on top of the banana split.

People can argue that TLG looks bad and it was already announced, complain that FFVII is a timed exclusive when Tomb Raider also is, but the matter of the fact is that they showed and gave the gamers what they wanted, even if they didn't expect it. Microsoft had The Division beta? Sony had the Hitman and CoD betas. While I can complain that they didn't show as many exclusives as the other guy, I can rest assured that I won't regret my PS4 buy.

That's why I believe Sony won E3, even when gamers all around the world also won. A conference of this magnitude and insanity won't be replicated in a long time.

Around the Network

Has anyone noticed that NO ONE is talking about Halo 5 because it was probably the biggest disappointment of the show. Microsoft had a good show, but BC was more impressive than Halo.

But to be fair, Doom and Fallout 4 killed the FPS category before Microsoft had a chance.

Mr.Playstation said:
VenusianKing said:

That isn't a good indicator of how bad BC is on Xbox One. Mass Effect 1 always ran that bad on consoles.

They had 17 other games which they could have shown. So why didn't they show any of the others!

Probably wanted to show the only notable third party game of the initial lot to instill confidence that a lot 360 games from other publishers will be supported down the line.

CosmicSex said:
Has anyone noticed that NO ONE is talking about Halo 5 because it was probably the biggest disappointment of the show. Microsoft had a good show, but BC was more impressive than Halo.

But to be fair, Doom and Fallout 4 killed the FPS category before Microsoft had a chance.

I mentioned this elsewhere, but at the risk of repeating myself, the gameplay of Doom, Battlefront and Uncharted really made Halo look 2nd rate, it just wasnt that exciting when comparing to the action sequences, the kill cams and the excitement of flying around.

Making an indie game : Dead of Day!

foodfather said:

Yep. If you don't see the significance of those games even if you don't like them, you might as well dig a hole in the ground and put your head in it. 

Aeolus451 said:
foodfather said:

Yep. If you don't see the significance of those games even if you don't like them, you might as well dig a hole in the ground and put your head in it. 

Final Fantasy VII Remake is trending on Facebook and Shenmue III exceeded its $2 million goal in less than a day, for crying out loud.