By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Microsoft announces partnership with Ocolus!!! early E3 Megaton!

This is a pretty good idea, unlike the decision to not watch this conference. This could be something special and good rivalry for Sony.

E3 should be interesting now!

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Around the Network

30fps games + Occulus Rift is a recipe for motion sickness.

RIP Dad 25/11/51 - 13/12/13. You will be missed but never forgotten.

A lot of gaming sites are saying this was a great move by Microsoft.

CosmicSex said:
http://www.ign.com/videos/2015/06/11/this-is-what-forza-looks-like-on-oculus

This is horrible. Who can honestly say this is worth the effort?

WTF.....  ms ur doing it wrong....

JRPGfan said:
CosmicSex said:
http://www.ign.com/videos/2015/06/11/this-is-what-forza-looks-like-on-oculus

This is horrible. Who can honestly say this is worth the effort?

WTF.....  ms ur doing it wrong....

Has anyone considered that maybe Microsoft wanted to put a negative spin on VR to take some steam away from Project Morpheus?

Around the Network
the-pi-guy said:
MikeRox said:
30fps games + Occulus Rift is a recipe for motion sickness.

Not exactly.  This is intended to imitate a screen. 

The rest of it should be at 60+ fps, but the screen itself, just like a normal screen can be refreshed at 30 fps.  

Do you get motion sick when you watch normal TV?  

I luckily don't tend to suffer motion sickness. But a full 3D representation with movement is different to staring at a flat screen in the corner of a room.

However, if it's to imitate a screen and some fake room (yeah I saw the video after posting) I really don't see the point at all.

Vasto said:
sabvre42 said:

Seriously dude?

You got me banned like 3x during your hate rants on VR. Now that MS is doing some gimmicy wannabe VR setup your are loving it?

SERIOUSLY?

I never said I hate VR. I said VR would be perfect for something like a VR World amusement park and I still belive that. I also said we are years away from VR being something that will succeed on a consumer level in peoples homes. Never argue with a person that knows he is always right.

That's like saying "never argue with a crazy person"

That was a lot of nothing...

Ovolus becomes a Windows 10 devices, comes with an X1 controller. Not really XOne compatible.

This smells of last minute desperation.

As someone said, something is better than nothing but in this case it could actually be detrimental to VR in terms of casual penetration. If people see this in connection with VR they'll have the wrong idea of what VR actually is and showing videos or pics won't in any way rectify the problem because you actually have to experience it to understand it. For me this just muddies the water.

The PS5 Exists. 

DerNebel said:
Vasto said:

I never said I hate VR. I said VR would be perfect for something like a VR World amusement park and I still belive that. I also said we are years away from VR being something that will succeed on a consumer level in peoples homes. Never argue with a person that knows he is always right.

That's like saying "never argue with a crazy person"

Both fantastic advice! ;)