By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Microsoft announces partnership with Ocolus!!! early E3 Megaton!

kowenicki said:
CosmicSex said:
http://www.ign.com/videos/2015/06/11/this-is-what-forza-looks-like-on-oculus

This is horrible. Who can honestly say this is worth the effort?

nobody

but then neither is vr.

Have you ever tried VR? Cause i've heard the exact opposite statement from people who have used it. I've never used it myself so I don't know. I saw a video of this though and I honestly don't even understand what MS was thinking.

Around the Network
CosmicSex said:
JRPGfan said:
CosmicSex said:
http://www.ign.com/videos/2015/06/11/this-is-what-forza-looks-like-on-oculus

This is horrible. Who can honestly say this is worth the effort?

WTF.....  ms ur doing it wrong....

Has anyone considered that maybe Microsoft wanted to put a negative spin on VR to take some steam away from Project Morpheus?

This might actually be the "plan" behinde this.... its so bad people will dismiss VR.

The question is, did Oculus Rift know MS would screw them like this? that demo looked horrible, its gonna kill alot of sales.

kowenicki said:
the-pi-guy said:
kowenicki said:

but then neither is vr.

If you're not interested in VR, that's fine.   

I personally find it worth the effort and a lot more.  This is something that I've been dreaming of, since I was ~8 years old.  

that dream may be realised eventually and then i will be with you.  this wont be it.

Have you tried one of the options currently in development btw?

Awesome for PC, but let's be real, OR is going to need more performance than the xbox one or ps4. that's why you'll need to stream the games.

onionberry said:
Awesome for PC, but let's be real, OR is going to need more performance than the xbox one or ps4. that's why you'll need to stream the games.

No it wont, its just lazy developers (ms) makeing a demo that makes it appear that way.

Im pretty sure once Sony shows off the morpheus running on the PS4 you wont think that way anymore.

Around the Network
JRPGfan said:
onionberry said:

No it wont, its just lazy developers (ms) makeing a demo that makes it appear that way.

No it wont what? Oculus running at 900p or 30 fps would be the worst thing ever, that shit needs stability. 

kowenicki said:
DerNebel said:
kowenicki said:

that dream may be realised eventually and then i will be with you.  this wont be it.

Have you tried one of the options currently in development btw?

Nope.  Read enough to realise the limitations that currently exist.  VR may become truly decent in a few iterations from now if people havent got bored of it by then.

Yeah, we'll see I guess. I'm not too interested in it currently either, but I'm keeping an open mind.

Not trying to be a party pooper here, but we know Microsoft was going to have some kind of VR thing for Xbox one, as Sony is going to have with ps4. Is it really that huge that they got another company to do it for them instead of themselves? Unless your a Occulus stock holder lol

So they just confirmed occulus will work on windows ?

Xbox One controller being the default controller on windows is no news, and if anyone doubt Occulus would use directX previously, he was a fool.

Kinda weird to bundle occulus with a controller though. Makes it sound like a console. Did they announce the price tag yet ?

Lol @ "Megaton". Hardly a game changer for XO considering it's not even natively compatible with the console. While this move to hop on the VR bandwagon is a smart one by Microsoft, I don't see it as direct competition for Sony's Morpheus. It'll be interesting to see where Microsoft takes the partnership, but I have to say that the Forza "demo" was just bizarre. What exactly were they trying to show?