By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Microsoft announces partnership with Ocolus!!! early E3 Megaton!

Vasto said:
Sorry but I would love to put on the Oculus and be in a theater playing Halo 5.

That is probably the only real reason to ever use this feature. Which would be sweet. My only concern would be the image quality. Sure, the OR is 1080p but the "screen" the game is projected on only takes up a small portion of the headset. So what are you going to be looking at? A 480 image?

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

Around the Network
Roronaa_chan said:
I only just realized it streams to a "OR on a PC"? That's weird. Doesn't this mean that you can't stream X1 games to a OR that's connected to a X1? I think the game will still keep being displayed on the TV (if on) so it still allows the dual screen thing that Morpheus has going (one person on VR and another watching the TV). Might not be easy to find that many people with a PC and their console TV in the same room though..
But I guess it reinforces the idea that this functionality is basically like the PS4->PSTV streaming, but more expensive and requires a PC instead of a TV.

It sounds more like a tech demo they figured a few users might find cool for a few minutes. You stream the X1 game to your PC which then puts you into a virtual living room on your Rift where there's a virtual TV upon which the Stream can be viewed (and controlled via the X1 controller).

this is far from a megaton. But, hey, at least is something, MS just made te next Wii Mote (but I'm not saying it will sell like)

Click HERE and be happy 

Vasto said:

Seriously dude?

You got me banned like 3x during your hate rants on VR. Now that MS is doing some gimmicy wannabe VR setup your are loving it?

SERIOUSLY?

Sounds like the first step to having OR a part of the Xbox future plans.

I think this announcement was to get the shock of the partnership out of the way and to NOT screw up the games message from E3.

It is near the end of the end....

Around the Network

http://www.ign.com/videos/2015/06/11/this-is-what-forza-looks-like-on-oculus

This is horrible. Who can honestly say this is worth the effort?

This appears to be one of the many streaming options that MS is trying to do with the X1. So the X1 can stream to a PC, now it can steam to the OR. Next we will hear how it can stream to your tablet and phone. Not really a huge deal at this point but a nice feature.

When you think about it if you have a OR and a X1, and the wife wants to watch TV or you cannot get your kids off of Netflix, you can just sit back and stream to your OR. When you look at it this way, its no different from how people are excited to use the PS Vita this way or the WiiU controller.

CosmicSex said:
beeje13 said:
Interesting choice of words and time to reveal.

By stream, does it mean physically streaming the data from X1 to the Rift, or is it just for the xbox games on windows 10?

Well, you have to have the Rift connected to a Windows 10 PC.  

Then you have to stream your game from Xbox One to the PC.

You have to be sitting at your computer it seems.

Also, the games are not VR.  You just see a virtual screen shoing the game playing on a 2D screen.

Ok, thanks for clearing that up, seems a waste of money then to me. Morpheus should be a more complete set up, if not looking quite as good as an extreme high end PC.

PS, PS2, Gameboy Advance, PS3, PSP, PS4, Xbox One

sabvre42 said:
Vasto said:

Seriously dude?

You got me banned like 3x during your hate rants on VR. Now that MS is doing some gimmicy wannabe VR setup your are loving it?

SERIOUSLY?

I never said I hate VR. I said VR would be perfect for something like a VR World amusement park and I still belive that. I also said we are years away from VR being something that will succeed on a consumer level in peoples homes. Never argue with a person that knows he is always right.

Pretty smart move by MS, kudos. Sony is gonna have to utilize Move or something else to really stand-out with PM.

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian