By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Microsoft announces partnership with Ocolus!!! early E3 Megaton!

I don't see this as a megaton, but then again, I have no interest in VR.

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

Around the Network

Am I the only one who thinks that, instead of a controller, you would get a much more immersive experience by utilizing Kinect?
That would certainly be more realistic than using a controller blindfolded in a way.

"Megaton"...

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

The problem is that the Oculus requires quite a hefty PC requirement.... so I'm not convinced this will work on the XBO without additional hardware. So I don't see it coming across.

I think this is more of a MS play on the Windows 10/PC side and to combat Steam VR, I think they are really worried by Valve and I think this is a great way of doing VR without actually having to spend any money on it.

----------
As far as VR....

Streaming of games is of no interest, and nor was the part where you can shop from within the headset, that part of the presentation was really pushing the ... we are trying to give you so many reasons to keep it on your head. I am interested in VR for the games, not for the side things that Oculus are trying to push as things you would do with it.

Making an indie game : Dead of Day!

the-pi-guy said:
SpokenTruth said:

If you can afford all this, how the hell do you have a small TV?

There's a difference between being able to afford one and having space for one.

Particularly in some areas (like some areas of New York City) where people pay several times what I would pay somewhere else for 1/4th of the size.  

Surely people have walls that can accomodate a 42 inch TV wall mounted.... the rooms cannot be *THAT* small.

Making an indie game : Dead of Day!

Around the Network

Smart move by Microsoft. Though I'm still not convinced that VR is going to be as big of a success as some people think. Not yet, at least.

Official Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Thread

Sorry but I would love to put on the Oculus and be in a theater playing Halo 5.

I only just realized it streams to a "OR on a PC"? That's weird. Doesn't this mean that you can't stream X1 games to a OR that's connected to a X1? I think the game will still keep being displayed on the TV (if on) so it still allows the dual screen thing that Morpheus has going (one person on VR and another watching the TV). Might not be easy to find that many people with a PC and their console TV in the same room though..
But I guess it reinforces the idea that this functionality is basically like the PS4->PSTV streaming, but more expensive and requires a PC instead of a TV.

I agree
it is a :

MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHgaton

What a rubbish announcement. Lets put you in a virtual living room so you can play Halo on a virtual screen instead of on your normal TV at home. Oh, and you have to stream it via your PC as well.

At least they've revealed the initial control scheme which is the bare minimum ORift could do (effectively the standard PC controller for Win10). VR is going to need something in bit more intuitive in the not too distant future but that of course racks up the price.

HTC's Vive still looks like the best bet at the moment, but I guess we'll see.