By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Microsoft announces partnership with Ocolus!!! early E3 Megaton!

WiiStation360 said:
I'm confused. If I have a PC capable of running Oculus, (i5/ GTX970), why would I want stream games from my XBox and not play them direct from the much more powerful PC?

Because this allows you to play Xbox One exclusives on your pc and in turn through the Ocolus Rift. Though...just on a fake screen in a virtual living room, as a really low resolution...

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

Around the Network
the-pi-guy said:
Sharpryno said:
OR is not meant for consoles. Why do people commenting not understand this?

Because MS, a console developer has announced a partnership allowing some form of console VR.

What part of this do you not understand?  

This isn't console VR...It requires a powerful PC, and none of the games are in VR. It's actually neither console, or VR.

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

Normchacho said:
WiiStation360 said:
I'm confused. If I have a PC capable of running Oculus, (i5/ GTX970), why would I want stream games from my XBox and not play them direct from the much more powerful PC?

Because this allows you to play Xbox One exclusives on your pc and in turn through the Ocolus Rift. Though...just on a fake screen in a virtual living room, as a really low resolution...

Holy mother of convoluted setups.

Here is a little more info. http://vrfocus.com/archives/16593/spencer-microsoft-working-hand-in-hand-with-oculus-new-details-on-streaming/

FIT_Gamer said:

Here is a little more info. http://vrfocus.com/archives/16593/spencer-microsoft-working-hand-in-hand-with-oculus-new-details-on-streaming/

"offering a 2D display of Xbox One videogames in a 3D environment, similar to what’s been seen with other virtual cinema solutions in the past"

That kinda misses the whole point of being immersed in the game!

Around the Network
CosmicSex said:
FIT_Gamer said:

"offering a 2D display of Xbox One videogames in a 3D environment, similar to what’s been seen with other virtual cinema solutions in the past"

That kinda misses the whole point of being immersed in the game!

Yeah, It's pretty much a virtual theater experience.

wow this is reverse MEGATON, if there is.. Congratulation MS and Oculus you made VR gimmicky

the-pi-guy said:
Normchacho said:

This isn't console VR...It requires a powerful PC, and none of the games are in VR. It's actually neither console, or VR.

I said some form.  

It's VR with an input from a console for a virtual second display.  

It is VR and console.  

The PC is creating a virtual living room for your VR headset while the Xbox One (a console) is playing games as normal and streaming it to the PC so you can play it in your virtual living room.

Yeah...I guess...It's just that when I think of console VR I think of playing a VR game on a console. Not playing a console game on a 2d screen in a vr headset running off a PC.

Bet with Adamblaziken:

Is this the new Xbone controller? If it's the old controller, good move M$!! This is a good way to rid of the surplus of unsold controllers and they threw in capabilities to stream from the Bone to make it worthwhile for FB to bite. As if we care about these silly VR people, M$? Hehe, no we don't. We are making back our monies

VGChartz♥♥♥♥♥FOREVER

Xbone... the new "N" word   Apparently I troll MS now | Evidence | Evidence
SpokenTruth said:

that one was actually pretty damn funny :D

what a buzzkill this reveal was... i need a serious drink after this monumental dud