By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Microsoft announces partnership with Ocolus!!! early E3 Megaton!

Ok so it's not compatible with Xbox. Whatever then.

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

Around the Network
kowenicki said:
VR isnt for this gen of consoles. Oculus, Morpheus or whatever... will all be compromised.

Did they announce price? I have a feeling it will be higher than expected.

depends on what is "expected" - it will certainly be higher than the $200 some people are dreaming of, but I think it won't be higher than $450 for the device itself (Oculus/Vive/.. ofc need a powerful PC)

kowenicki said:
VR isnt for this gen of consoles. Oculus, Morpheus or whatever... will all be compromised.

Did they announce price? I have a feeling it will be higher than expected.

Expect it next week. Thing is people were spending 350$ + Shipping for the Ocolus DK2. Until recently the demand was so high you had to wait months to get it.  For the fans price is not an issue but hope it will be not more than 350$.

And what about HoloLens?

so if you not have xbone why you play on pc with controler? and when you have xbone you can stream xbone games from pc to rift or from xbone to rift

Around the Network

I first want to say that I don't have a very positive opinion of VR (Oculus, Morpheus, whatever). It just seems too intrusive, with the goggles, headphones, controllers, cables, straps...looks like a torture device more than technology that is supposed to provide full immersion.
I think this VR fad will fade away in a few years, failing completely.

That said, this XOne deal seems like it was thought out by Rube Goldberg himself - how to find the most complicated method to play XOne games. Stream the game from console to PC then to OR onlybto view it on the screen an inch from your nose while still looking like a console game without any VR whatsoever.
And all that for about $2000 (console plus OR said that their setup is about $1500 for PC and OR).

Good job by MS for finding more markets for their controller, but I seriously doubt OR will help them sell even one console more than they would anyway.

OR is not meant for consoles. Why do people commenting not understand this?

I'm pretty sure this just means that Xbox games that can already be streamed to W10 will then be able to be played in a virtual living room on the rift.

Though...that will mean a pretty drastic drop in resolution...

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

And in one, simple move, MS jumped into the VR business :).

Omg the biggest megaton of all time!