By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Microsoft announces partnership with Ocolus!!! early E3 Megaton!

Interesting choice of words and time to reveal.

By stream, does it mean physically streaming the data from X1 to the Rift, or is it just for the xbox games on windows 10?

PS, PS2, Gameboy Advance, PS3, PSP, PS4, Xbox One

Around the Network

So with this we have a Facebook + MS partnership... its like creating something more powerfull then the devil.. we're doomed!

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

kitler53 said:
suddenly OR doesn't sound quite so doomed.

this partnership really makes sense, good move for both parties.

Im sorry, WHAT??

Oculus on PC was and is always going to be a bigger thing than Oculus on home consoles.

Anyway I feel like the term megaton is just a tad too much, I mean this only made sense really. If MS werent going to do VR why wouldnt they allow VR from 3rd parties. Anyway unless they are going to do more like have some 1st parties also develop with Oculus Im less than impressed.

AnthonyW86 said:

Oculus Rift has two 1080p screens and in order to make that run they would probably have to lower the resolution to 720p or possibly lower. And since it will be available on PC aswell i think Xbox One will not be the best way to play this. I don't think VR will become big on consoles this gen sorry.(so not really a megaton for me).

Yeah and X1's frame buffer is already an issue in 1080p, try fitting two in there lol.  Would not be surprised if all of their games are running at half the resolution in VR mode.

Prediction for console Lifetime sales:

Wii:100-120 million, PS3:80-110 million, 360:70-100 million

[Prediction Made 11/5/2009]

3DS: 65m, PSV: 22m, Wii U: 18-22m, PS4: 80-120m, X1: 35-55m

I gauruntee the PS5 comes out after only 5-6 years after the launch of the PS4.

[Prediction Made 6/18/2014]

Interesting.

Curious to see how this will play out for MS.

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

Around the Network

Ocolus Touch....Oh man best E3 for me ever...Loving it...sorry guys but me loves the RIFT XD.

He said this is just a peak into the partnership with Microsoft.

Eddie_Raja said:
AnthonyW86 said:

Oculus Rift has two 1080p screens and in order to make that run they would probably have to lower the resolution to 720p or possibly lower. And since it will be available on PC aswell i think Xbox One will not be the best way to play this. I don't think VR will become big on consoles this gen sorry.(so not really a megaton for me).

Yeah and X1's frame buffer is already an issue in 1080p, try fitting two in there lol.  Would not be surprised if all of their games are running at half the resolution in VR mode.

On PS3 you hade same thing with games that hade 3D support, they cut the resolution in half. Problem with VR however is that the screens are much closer to the eyes so the drop in resolution will be much more noticable. I am happy however that MS chose to partner with Oculus instead of developing a system of their own. That would have created to much fragmentation.

So it's bye bye Kinect then, huh?

Smart move by Microsoft.