By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - May NPD thread! PS4 152k; XBO: 139k; WU: 43k; 3DS 97k

Are you ready?

Fuck, YES!!!!! 179 61.94%

Boutros > Ryng Tolu :P 108 37.37%

Total:287
mymuro said:
-23% for PS4 and +81% for XB1 when compared to last May's NPD. Very interesting trend.

Yeah, MS just needs to make sure they take $150 off the entry point each year and that trend can continue. 

Around the Network
binary solo said:
If Witcher 3 is 60/39 in favour of PS4 then that is huge. Witcher 2 was on 360 but not PS3, so this is the first time PS-only fans have ever been exposed to The Witcher. And the game sales are proportionally in favour of PS4 by a decent margin with PS4 being only 52% of the PS4/Xb one market share.

Throwing Dragon Age Inquisition into the mix it looks like PS4 has fantasy RPGs sewn up aside possibly from TES. Will be interesting to see how the sci-fi RPG split comes out. Fallout 4 and Mass Effect 4 will be the big test cases there. I suspect Xb one will have a stronger showing there mostly because they are shooter RPGs.

exclusive marketing for competitor, worst performance, seing only the third game but getting better attach ratio and very good overall numbers. Seems like it just disbanked the me3 excuses.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Ryng_Tolu said:
PS4 VS PS2 VS PS3

PS2: 514,000
PS3: 208,000
PS4: 152,000

WOW. Looks like the thing can change... 25% less than PS3 and 70% less than PS2... and next month Batman bundle will not change the trend, considering PS3 was over 400k and PS2 nearly 700k.

ps4 numbers are atrocious (but 2k over your upper limit). But I think ps3 was on the Wake of mgs iv and pricecut.WiiU 42,5k is on the expected range.

Ps4 and X1 gap is similar to last month (reversed) and another technical tie. Let's see how much Batman will impact numbers.

Although splatoon didn't do fantastic, it was solid and even if fw miss 500k the optimistic tbone1 was expecting, it will be like 400-450k, very good.

In the end, percentualy John Lucas 1M will be closer to truth than a lot of other predicttions, like the w101 level ones.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

Now is time to expect june NPD and see if MK level marketing were effective or not in usa.

Ryng_Tolu said:
PS4 VS PS2 VS PS3

WOW. Looks like the thing can change... 25% less than PS3 and 70% less than PS2... and next month Batman bundle will not change the trend, considering PS3 was over 400k and PS2 nearly 700k.

PS4 big success comes not from US and its in Europe and rest of the world where it sells a lot compared to PS3/PS2. US sales are not great because of XB1 being very competitive with price and other deals.

GAMING is not about spending hours to pass/waste our time just for fun,

its a Feeling/Experience about a VIRTUAL WORLD we can never be in real, and realizing some of our dreams (also creating new ones).

So, Feel Emotions, Experience Adventure/Action, Challenge Game, Solve puzzles and Have fun.

PlayStation is about all-round "New experiences" using new IP's to provide great diversity for everyone.

Xbox is always about Online and Shooting.

Nintendo is always about Fun games and milking IP's.

Around the Network
Ryng_Tolu said:
PS4 VS PS2 VS PS3

Well in may 2002 it was the first price drop of the Ps2 in USA. The new price of the Ps2 from may 2002 was 199 dollars. 

For The Ps3 there already were many price drops. 

The price of the PS3 was 399 dolars since November 2007 for the 80GB.

So considering that price of the Ps4 is 399 dollars since the launch I think that the numbers are not bad.

COX said:
Ryng_Tolu said:
PS4 VS PS2 VS PS3

Well in may 2002 it was the first price drop of the Ps2 in USA. The new price of the Ps2 from may 2002 was 199 dollars. 

For The Ps3 there already were many price drops. 

The price of the PS3 was 399 dolars since November 2007 for the 80GB.

So considering that price of the Ps4 is 399 dollars since the launch I think that the numbers are not bad.

This, beat me to it.

Ps4 hasn't had a pricecut. 

kowenicki said:
Nate4Drake said:
kowenicki said:

Quite boring.

Clearly these are low software numbers.  No hardware is performing that well and some are quite horrible.  "PS2 type success incoming"  Don't make me laugh.

PS4 still ahead of PS2 same time frame in the Global, so yes, PS2 type success is happening, sorry to disappoint you.

I remain baffled as to why people still seem unable to grasp that as each gen passes availabilty and distribution of consoles is brought forward in the lifetime of said gen...

Ah well.

Because people don't understand the simple concept of how users adopt technology (products in general) in a mature cycle. You would think the smart phone market at least showcased that to people. 

No Vita numbers... -_-
At least PS4 > Xbox One and The Witcher 3 did very good!

Dat HW. Oh boy.

Splatoon did ok, hopefully it'll follow in Mario Kart's squid marks and boost Wii U in June or else we're more doomed than usual.