By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - May NPD thread! PS4 152k; XBO: 139k; WU: 43k; 3DS 97k

Are you ready?

Fuck, YES!!!!! 179 61.94%

Boutros > Ryng Tolu :P 108 37.37%

Total:287

So, quite the large drop for PS4 and massive gain for X1 YOY, but neither of them impress sales-wise.

Around the Network
Puppyroach said:
So, quite the large drop for PS4 and massive gain for X1 YOY, but neither of them impress sales-wise.

PS4 had the Watch Dogs bundle last May. And I believe XB1 was so low because they announced the $100 cheaper Kinectless version releasing in June so everyone was waiting for that. 

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

SWORDF1SH said:
COX said:

Well in may 2002 it was the first price drop of the Ps2 in USA. The new price of the Ps2 from may 2002 was 199 dollars. 

For The Ps3 there already were many price drops. 

The price of the PS3 was 399 dolars since November 2007 for the 80GB.

So considering that price of the Ps4 is 399 dollars since the launch I think that the numbers are not bad.

This, beat me to it.

Ps4 hasn't had a pricecut. 

Never said PS4 is doing bad... i just said that now the trend is massive change, forgot PS2 at 199$, PS3 at the same price sold better... and MGS is released in June, not in May.

PS4 is not going to sell 100 million lifetime with this trend.

A lot of you guys on the Wii U's case have to realize that unlike the mario kart Bundle, the splatoon one was not widely available (only in best buy). Splatoon has been very consistent on amazon Japan and this is just 2(3?) days worth of sales and it did very well. You also have to remember that Mario kart did boost the Wii U up very far so of course it would be down. June is where we'll see the full effect of Both splatoon and Mario kart and the availability of the bundle among other things will most likely keep it down. It just has to come close enough to the Mario Kart effect so that the line up for the rest of the year can pull Wii U back ahead which it most certainly can.

Follow my Gaming and Graphics Business on facebook and on Twitter:

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=101878997952596&ref=br_rs

https://twitter.com/KellyGGWD

Seriusly guys, this craphics is nothing

PS4 is above PS2, but you know why? BECAUSE FOR THE FIRST SEVEN MONTH PS2 IS COMING ONLY IN JAPAN.

I mean... even PS3 US+JP did better first time... thats nothing.

In the singular market, PS2 is above PS4 by a lot in the US, in Japan there is not even a competition, and even if we haven't Europe numbers, PS2 is probabily above PS4...

The gap will be close very soon...

Around the Network
forest-spirit said:
Dat HW. Oh boy.

Splatoon did ok, hopefully it'll follow in Mario Kart's squid marks and boost Wii U in June or else we're more doomed than usual.

WU will do +100k in June. If not, will be very close.

Ryng_Tolu said:
SWORDF1SH said:

This, beat me to it.

Ps4 hasn't had a pricecut. 

Never said PS4 is doing bad... i just said that now the trend is massive change, forgot PS2 at 199$, PS3 at the same price sold better... and MGS is released in June, not in May.

PS4 is not going to sell 100 million lifetime with this trend.

There was a little known game called GTAIV that released at the end of April, and I'm sure it's effects continued into May for both PS3 and 360. 

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

GTA IV and MGS IV and price cut were the reasons why PS3 sold so well in May 2008, not sure why people are comparing that to PS4.

Terrible Wii U and poor PS4/X1 sales...
PS4 needs a price cut, after all the first price cut for PS2 happened about 20 months after launch. It's about time now.

GameMasterPC said:
GTA IV and MGS IV and price cut were the reasons why PS3 sold so well in May 2008, not sure why people are comparing that to PS4.

Because people love to downplay PS4 obviously and they completely ignore the different circumstances.

Ryng_Tolu said:

Seriusly guys, this craphics is nothing

PS4 is above PS2, but you know why? BECAUSE FOR THE FIRST SEVEN MONTH PS2 IS COMING ONLY IN JAPAN.

I mean... even PS3 US+JP did better first time... thats nothing.

In the singular market, PS2 is above PS4 by a lot in the US, in Japan there is not even a competition, and even if we haven't Europe numbers, PS2 is probabily above PS4...

The gap will be close very soon...

Well to be fair, that graph with the faces was made for humor. It is a bit annoying, though, that some people are using this as proof that the PS4 will surpass the PS2.

Also, great job with this thread, Ryng!!