By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Pachter No Price Drops For XB1 Or PS4 This Year, XB1 Price To Go Back Up To $399 Later This Year

Any expectation of a price drop from either Sony or Microsoft on their newest consoles should be set aside, this according to Wedbush's Michael Pachter (via GamesIndustry.biz). Analyst Pachter is basically renowned for guessing at business moves in the game industry, and his predications are general laced with derision that concern all companies involved. In this case, he sees the Xbox One and PS4 sticking at their price points. In fact, he sees the $50 cut currently on offer for the Xbox One evaporating before the holidays.

From Michael Pachter, "We do not expect price cuts for the Xbox One or PS4. We do not expect Microsoft to permanently cut the price of the Xbox One without Kinect from $399, instead focusing on compelling bundles with first- and third-party content, with some of the applicable games included as free pack-ins... Although the price of the Xbox One has been discounted by $50 for much of 2015, we believe that the price will revert back to $399 by the time that the holidays arrive, particularly if sales pick up."

Naturally, with the sales success of both consoles thus far, new bundles and new hard drives sizes are predicted as the kind of incentives for new buyers with nary a price cut to be seen. Pachter is calling for E3 price cuts for the Xbox 360 and PS3, but this is more of a they should do this rather than they will do this analysis.

http://www.highdefdigest.com/news/show/games/michael/wedbush/gamesindustry/pachter-no-price-drops-for-xbox-one-ps4-at-e3-xbox-one-price-likely-to-be-399-later-this-year/23474

Play Me

Around the Network

I don't see a price cut for PS4 now. Maybe during the holidays, but not now.

Sooooo...$299 PS4 confirmed?

THere will be a pricecut at least for one of them.

Ok then now we know the 3 consoles are going to have a price cut.

Around the Network

i believe

ps4 399 1TB with good game bundles this holiday we might see a flash sale of 350 ps3 with the 500gb HDD

xb1 350 1TB also with multiple bundles during the holiday

same prices that we have now but bigger HDDs i said it before gonna say it again gonna be a long gen guys

Play Me

so... both xb1/ps4 price drop confirmed then

thanks pacther

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

This guy is still alive?

XBO and PS4 at 249$ this holidays confimed.

ps4 is certainly getting a price drop before 2016. it's just a question of now (E3) or right before the holidays.