By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Pachter No Price Drops For XB1 Or PS4 This Year, XB1 Price To Go Back Up To $399 Later This Year

Maybe they will keep the same price

PS4 - over 100 millions let's say 120m
Xbox One - 70m
Wii U - 25m

Vita - 15m if it will not get Final Fantasy Kingdoms Heart and Monster Hunter 20m otherwise
3DS - 80m

Around the Network

This makes since if both decide to go $349.99 for 500GB and $399.99 for 1TB. Sony and Micosoft are both looking to go away from the loss leading business model, and go more towards the google and apple model. Keeping the console at $399.99 and adding value to the platforms will be a huge achievement for them if they do it. These are not SNES or PlayStation anymore, these consoles have to compete with android and ios if they are going to stick around. This is more important for Sony than MS, because they have something to fall back on. Without PlayStation Sony has no brand presence, and nothing to fall back on.

Stop hate, let others live the life they were given. Everyone has their problems, and no one should have to feel ashamed for the way they were born. Be proud of who you are, encourage others to be proud of themselves. Learn, research, absorb everything around you. Nothing is meaningless, a purpose is placed on everything no matter how you perceive it. Discover how to love, and share that love with everything that you encounter. Help make existence a beautiful thing.

Kevyn B Grams
10/03/2010 

KBG29 on PSN&XBL

Well we'll definitely be getting price cuts now.

Xbone will be dead without a price cut in holidays.

ethomaz said:

Xbone is going to have a bigger E3 than Sony, it outsold Ps4 on April in US (the biggest market of videogames) and is selling fine every week. I will NOT be dead, that´s a wish, not a prediction.

Around the Network

I agree with no price drops. Thinking there will be a price spike is rediculus.

so...price cuts for all? :p

Goodnightmoon said:
ethomaz said:

Xbone is going to have a bigger E3 than Sony, it outsold Ps4 on April in US (the biggest market of videogames) and is selling fine every week. I will NOT be dead, that´s a wish, not a prediction.

Just like Ethomaz's comment is unreasonable and wishful thinking, the same it is when you say the XBO will have a bigger E3 than Sony...

E3 hasn't started yet. It is too early to tell one way or another.

Hynad said:
Goodnightmoon said:

Just like it is your wish that XBO will have a bigger E3 than Sony...

My wish? I have no intention at all to buy a XBO, is just what all the signs are screaming

Do you agree that XBO would be death without a price cut this year? It sounds realistic?? Or it sounds like... you know, a wish?

Goodnightmoon said:
ethomaz said:

65k WW is not a healthy weekly number.  hell, ps4,s 130k isn't very impressive either. 

dead really is right and frankly,.. if ps4 doesn't cut its price it will be close to death too.