By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Pachter No Price Drops For XB1 Or PS4 This Year, XB1 Price To Go Back Up To $399 Later This Year

I think Sony may go $299.

Why?

How can Sony plan to sell more PS4s this FY, but expect lower revenues.  They would have to either spend a hell of a lot of cash:

or they have to cut the price of the cosole.  And cut it deep:

Around the Network
Goodnightmoon said:
Hynad said:

Why do they look arrogant, exactly. And please make it factual.

No, I don´t have time for this right now, we could be hours dicussing this, and I have no interest at all. 

Short version:

Sony has been hyping every mediocre game they had to an insane extreme , making people feel interested to buy a console because greatness awaits, and when those games come.... they are everything but great. This generation they are living purely on the marketing, the hype and the third parties, they act like every multiplatform was a PS exclusives and they are not delivering almost any quality first party product to justify their consoles, they just don´t need it, they think they can allowed themself to have a full year with barely 2 big exclusives while the competition in delivering great first and second party games, their audience will suffer this in the future, and this time, we don´t have an scenario where they need to turn things around, so they can easily stay like this the rest of the generation, they have already won, PS4 is a trend, and trends are hard to break.

That's all subjective. But I suspect you don't play on PS4 at all. So I will do what I said I would do earlier and not bother discussing anything related to Sony with you anymore.

@bolded: You've made yourself transparent and clear here, for sure.  

Hynad said:

That's all subjective. But I suspect you don't play on PS4 at all. So I will do what I said I would do earlier and not bother discussing anything related to Sony with you anymore.

You've made yourself transparent and clear here, for sure.  

If you are trying to say that I have a biased against Sony or that I don´t know its games, you are ridiculously wrong. i have a PSX, a PS2, a PSP and half of my friends had a PS3, I played all kind of games there. I dont need to play PS4 everyday to have an opinion about the console, that´s just stupid, I should buy every console I don´t like to justify why I don´t like it, no sense.

And if you are trying to tell me that Sony didn´t delivered a lot of underwhelming games this generation, then you are just out of reality.

Moderated for this post and others - Leadified

Goodnightmoon said:
Hynad said:

If you are trying to say that I have a biased against Sony or that I don´t know its games, you are ridiculously wrong. i have a PSX, a PS2, a PSP and half of my friends had a PS3, I played all kind of games there. I dont need to play PS4 everyday to have an opinion about the console, that´s just stupid, I should buy every console I don´t like to justify what I don´t like it, no sense.

And if you are trying to tell me that Sony didn´t delivered a lot of underwhelming games this generation, then you are just out of reality.

So you mentioned first and second party...

Here goes:

- Killzone Shadow Fall: while not the greatest game ever made, is far from mediocre or underwhelming. The bad press it got from people blowing shit out of proportions wasn't because of the quality of the game itself, but because of the screen resolution during multiplayer.

- Resogun: Critically acclaimed

- inFamous Second Son: Again, far from mediocre. Basically true to its predecessor. It's just as good as the first two games.

- MLB 14 and MLB 15: The Show: The referrence when it comes to baseball games.

- Little Big Planet 3: Again. a game true to its predecessors and pretty much of the same quality people are used to get from this series.

- Bloodborne: Critically acclaimed

- The Last of Us Remastered: I don't think I need to say anything about this one

- Driveclub: A rocky start, but improved over time and greatly enjoyed by the people who are into arcade racing games. The game is far from mediocre. But for some reaosn, people like to compare this to the racing sims, something it doesn't pretend to be, and never did.

-There are multiple other titles which, when taken as a whole, have the effect of providing more diversity. Sony's games may not always score 128% and higher on metacritics, but they are also far from being mediocre. 

The only games that were really underwhelming were Knack and The Order 1886. 

How does he still have a job as a analyst?

Around the Network
Hynad said:
Goodnightmoon said:

If you are trying to say that I have a biased against Sony or that I don´t know its games, you are ridiculously wrong. i have a PSX, a PS2, a PSP and half of my friends had a PS3, I played all kind of games there. I dont need to play PS4 everyday to have an opinion about the console, that´s just stupid, I should buy every console I don´t like to justify what I don´t like it, no sense.

Here goes:

- Killzone Shadow Fall

- Resogun

- inFamous Second Son

- MLB 14 and MLB 15: The Show

- Little Big Planet 3

- Bloodborne: 

- The Last of Us Remastered:

- Driveclub

A terribly lame list when you compare it with its competitors.

but of course I do not own a ps4 (for those same reasons), so I´m not allowed to have an opinion without being a huge hipocrite.

So the circular conversation is over, now.

Goodnightmoon said:
Hynad said:

Here goes:

- Killzone Shadow Fall

- Resogun

- inFamous Second Son

- MLB 14 and MLB 15: The Show

- Little Big Planet 3

- Bloodborne: 

- The Last of Us Remastered:

- Driveclub

A terribly lame list when you compare it with its competitors.

but of course I do not own a ps4, so I´m not allowed to have an opinion without being a huge hipocrite.

So the circular conversation is over, now.

No, the hypocrisy is when you get up in arms everytime someone complains or isn't positive about every Nintendo related stuff, yet go in threads about a competitor and act in the exact manner that you complained about before.

That's where the hypocrisy lies. 

As for your arguments, that's all subjective. I have played many of those games and they're far from being mediocre. And many of them compare favourably to what's offered on the competitive platforms.

Goodnightmoon said:
Hynad said:

If you are trying to say that I have a biased against Sony or that I don´t know its games, you are ridiculously wrong. i have a PSX, a PS2, a PSP and half of my friends had a PS3, I played all kind of games there. I dont need to play PS4 everyday to have an opinion about the console, that´s just stupid, I should buy every console I don´t like to justify why I don´t like it, no sense.

It's obvious that you are biased against sony. You're a part of the few who constantly complain about it when the majority of gamers like the console. Your comments in the other thread is akin to a blindfolded birthday kid going to town on a pinata.

Hynad said:

No, the hypocrisy is when you get up in arms everytime someone complains or isn't positive about any Nintendo related stuff, yet go in threads about a competitor and act exactly the way you complained about before.

That's where the hypocrisy lies. 

As for your arguments, they're subjective. I have played many of those games and they're far from being mediocre. And many of them compare favourable to what's offered on the competitive platforms.

The funny thing here is that I didn´t wanted to say those things, you press me to say what I was thinking and I said what I was thinkig, and you try to call me an hipocrite for that? 

I was only telling that Xbo is not going to be dead in holidays and the E3 is looking better for it than for PS4, that was all, and you want me to say why I was thinking that, and then why I was thinking that sony was arrogant, and then suddlely I´m a hipocrite for saying what I was thinking about his first party releases. Aren´t you able to realize about that? Jesus, your behaviour is sometimes sickly

$199 for PS4
$149 for XB1

Confirmed