By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Pachter No Price Drops For XB1 Or PS4 This Year, XB1 Price To Go Back Up To $399 Later This Year

Goodnightmoon said:

A terribly lame list when you compare it with its competitors.

Really? What the competitors have? Care to list.

Around the Network
BHR-3 said:
 according to Wedbush's Michael Pachter

And we're listening... why? You'd be hard-pressed to find a gaming forum with a member as bad at predicting the videogame industry than this guy.

You really need to lose that avatar. I won't believe any news with a KP picture at the top.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

patcher is always wrong..... or like 90% of the time.
So often you could just gamble on the oppersite of what he says and probably come out ahead, $ wise on that alone.

dont understand why anyone would even interview him.

At first when he predicted that the PS4 will not get a price drop, I kind of agreed with him ( even though a price drop is very likely to happen ) but when he said that the XBO was going to increase in price, I knew he was bonkers .

Send a Friend Request On PSN :P

Around the Network

Well if Pachter say no, than probably we will have price cut on E3. :)

Hynad said:
This guy is still alive?

Lol. He's not that old!

MS had better hope PS4 doesn't drop to $350, or it's over for XB1 even in America.

what is this guy smoking?

Well $349 PS4 is up for debate if they slap in a 1TB HDD for the base console, that's increased perceived value for the same price if they hold at $399. But a 1TB HDD probably only costs a few $ more than a 500GB, which means Sony could make the 1TB standard and drop to $349. Though I think 1TB + $369 would be a sweat spot for profitability and accelerated sales. Then next holiday you have a massive $70 price cut to ramp up sales even more and get yourself a 20 million year.

There is absolutely no way Xb one goes back up to $399, at least not for the base console. That is $349 and can only go lower. However I do see new release bundles selling at $399. Halo 5(Physical) + Tomb Raider(Digital) bundle can be $399 and sell a shit ton. FM6+Something can also go for $399 and do well. But I think MS will either keep running with MCC or ACU (not likely) as the base sku at $349. A base Xb one at $399 would kill off Xb one sales even in the USA, and they need USA to sell well, along with UK to be in a decent 2nd position.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix