By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Prediction : The next Nintendo console will be the last.

Skullwaker said:
Goodnightmoon said:
- Kirby RC

- Mario Party 10
- Splatoon
- Yoshi Woolly World
- Mario Maker
- Star Fox
- Xenoblade Chronicles X
- Fatal Frame V
- Devil´s Third
- Shin Megami Tensei X Fire Emblem (in japan)
- E3 surprises (Animal crossing? Paper mario? Metroid?)

Not a single comment you made in this ridiculous thread is right, not a single one. 

Are you salty because Splatoon or something?

Welcome to the Salty Splatoon, how tough are ya? ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

How tough am I? HOW TOUGH AM I?!?!??!?!?!?!? I ate a bowl of hyperbole for breakfast!

#1 Amb-ass-ador

Around the Network

I don't think there's that many console generations left. There will be a Playstation 5 ... but I think it's very, very hazy if there will be a Playstation 6.

By then, it will be possible to stream games ala Netflix much more easily, and people will be able to stream games with very high end graphics from their phone or tablet to their TV making a giant box anchored under one screen a relic of the past.

Maybe because NX is fusion platform of handled and console ??? if that the reason then it's good prediction. Because it based on the fact that NX will be a new platform that define console and handled (Iwata said). But then again 3DS will be the last handled as well .

Nah it's difficult to predict the future, but i can see why Wii U will be the last because NX will be a fusion.

Too early to tell.

How many times are we going to read this type of thread this gen?

Wii U may be a "flop" sales-wise, but as long as it's turning a profit and the first party IP are still strong, why shouldn't Nintendo continue what they're doing? It doesn't seem like they show any signs of stopping or slowing down. If they weren't supporting the Wii U at all, I'd be more worried.

It'll be awhile before I figure out how to do one of these. :P 

Around the Network

Having a deja-vu... I swear I already read this back in 2005... Or 2000... Or 1995...

Doubt it.

sweetoothj said:

Im sorry, but I don't see how Nintendo can continue in the console industry. Wii U failed miserably as we all know. People are bored with their first party titles so much that it isn't selling as well anymore. No one wants to buy third party titles for the Nintendo Consoles so it is pointless for Nintendo to go after third party titles. The original Wii was a fluke and unless something like that occurs, Nintendo will exit the console industry. Nintendo can still do hanhelds and pursue their other industries, but console industry is over for them.

You're wrong on every level but I want to mostly contest your calling the Wii a fluke. The Wii was the result of a fantastic marketing strategy, a great sense of where the market currently was and what would appeal to the masses, great launch price point and a very smart bundle game. There was no fluke there. Equally you can see that the Wii U's failure was in not achieving any of those things I just mentioned, and if they reverse that for the next generation then there's every chance they'll be back in the game.

Did the world end in 2012. The answer is going to be outcome to that "prediction"

Send a Friend Request On PSN :P

Dont be sorry, ppl make threads like this all the time for all companies