By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Prediction : The next Nintendo console will be the last.

Soundwave said:
I don't think there's that many console generations left. There will be a Playstation 5 ... but I think it's very, very hazy if there will be a Playstation 6.

By then, it will be possible to stream games ala Netflix much more easily, and people will be able to stream games with very high end graphics from their phone or tablet to their TV making a giant box anchored under one screen a relic of the past.

Not trying to agree with the OP here, but I just mentioned something similar to what you posted here for the Xbox brand a few days ago.          

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=203436&page=1#

I of course was not trying to bash any particular brand.  Just sharing a similar theory to your own...

It is near the end of the end....

Around the Network

Other then the Wii U Nintendo consoles make profit. Secondly they can easily top the successsof the Wii U without even trying

I disagree, nintendo is the last one to go from the console industry, if they ever go

sweetoothj said:

People are bored with their first party titles so much that it isn't selling as well anymore. 

Wrong, like whole prediction.

Goodnightmoon said:

- Kirby RC
- Mario Party 10
- Splatoon
- Yoshi Woolly World
- Mario Maker
- Star Fox
- Xenoblade Chronicles X
- Fatal Frame V
- Devil´s Third
- Shin Megami Tensei X Fire Emblem (in japan)
- E3 surprises (Animal crossing? Paper mario? Metroid?)

Not a single comment you made in this ridiculous thread is right, not a single one. 

Are you salty because Splatoon or something?

Damn, that truth bomb. Bravo.

Around the Network

Well, they're in a tough position right now, but Nintendo showed us more than once then when put in a tight corner, they're capable of remarkable feats.

I am more worried about their handheld division since they can afford to have a losing console as long as their handheld division stay profitable. The rise of mobile gaming and the decline in 3ds sales might speak trouble for nintendo in the future.

Well, not just nintendo but sony and micro might as well droo the console industry and move to something else, i would bet that the next generation would be the last consoles and the next could be something like streaming

I agree for the most part. People shouldn't ignore the massive decline.

Wrong, Wii U was the last. And 3DS the last handheld.

NX is the future! Embrace the Fusion...

Oh, btw, I can't help myself but you are very funny with your analytical skills.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile