By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Japan sales,week 22(May 25th-May 31th)!Splatoon sold the 97,33% of its shipments,only 4K copies left on the shelves,wii u sales more than double,top hardware slightly above 3DS,MK8 hits 1m(retail)!

Famitsu numbers are better for Splatoon :D but worse for WU :P i prefer Media Create numbers just because WU is above 3DS.

Around the Network
Dr.Vita said:
DerNebel said:

oh without a doubt

Ich finde es schon bisschen auffällig das die meisten Fake-Accounts Nintendo Anhänger sind.
Wollte ich nur mal gesagt haben haha. ^^

In deiner subjektiven Wahrnehmung mag dies so sein ;)

uran10 said:

Great for Splatoon and Wii U, told you guys you were setting yourselves up for disappointment with 20K+ for Wii U.

Dr.Vita said:

PS Vita did 18.5k and PS4 did 19.8k. Good numbers, expected this numbers!
Wii U only 22.9k? This is bad considering how big Xenoblade X should be in Japan. Xenoblade also hasn't managed 90k... Anyway, this will be the last week in Japan for Wii U where it have beaten PS4 in it's life.

^ Yea... Splatoon week happend :)

It's a daring prediction, especially when Animal Crossing is inevitable 

ganondorf7799 said:
Dr.Vita said:

Ich finde es schon bisschen auffällig das die meisten Fake-Accounts Nintendo Anhänger sind.
Wollte ich nur mal gesagt haben haha. ^^

In deiner subjektiven Wahrnehmung mag dies so sein ;)

Bei meiner subjektiven Wahrnehmung? Ach was, viele Leute mit denen ich gesprochen habe ist dies auch schon aufgefallen. Ich möchte aber hier niemanden für etwas Schuldig machen, schließlich sind wir ja alle nur hier weil wir das selbe Hobby verfolgen. ^^

If I'm not mistaken MK was selling around 4/5k a week for quite some time and now it more than doubled to 11/12k. So a lot of those 17k who bought WiiUs for Splatoon also bought Mario Kart, which means some people were waiting for Splatoon to get a WiiU along with other games such as MK.

Splatoon system seller confimed!

On a more serious tone, Mario Kart just broke 1 million after 1 year ont the market. That's great for a home console over there. Also great Withcr 3 second week sales. It desserves good sales.

Around the Network
ihatefatkatz said:
uran10 said:

Great for Splatoon and Wii U, told you guys you were setting yourselves up for disappointment with 20K+ for Wii U.

Dr.Vita said:

PS Vita did 18.5k and PS4 did 19.8k. Good numbers, expected this numbers!
Wii U only 22.9k? This is bad considering how big Xenoblade X should be in Japan. Xenoblade also hasn't managed 90k... Anyway, this will be the last week in Japan for Wii U where it have beaten PS4 in it's life.

^ Yea... Splatoon week happend :)

It's a daring prediction, especially when Animal Crossing is inevitable 

I know, That's exactly why I bookmarked it. He made another statement like that in this thread so I'll bookmark it and also post it when Wii U > Ps4. Amazon Japan may not be a good indicator but it is saying the Wii U > Ps4 for summer.

Follow my Gaming and Graphics Business on facebook and on Twitter:

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=101878997952596&ref=br_rs

https://twitter.com/KellyGGWD

Wow! Nice numbers for Splatoon.

If you're interested in Nintendo content and understand german, maybe you want to take a look at my youtube channel! :)

https://www.youtube.com/user/RealGamingExpert

Splatoon does very well, but I'm pretty surprised HW didn't get boosted more. That means we'll see a higher baseline or it was selling mostly to Nintendo fans.

Cross Ange did much worse than I was expecting. And is the new PS4 baseline 11-12k? It went up without any new releases.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Do you guys think Minecraft: Playstation Vita Edition will break the 500k mark (only retail) in this year?

My 19k hardware estimation for the Wii U was pretty good.

Splatoon did great! Now let's see chart track and NPD for the full picture, I still have a feeling that it might underperform in the US and not be such a massive hit in Europe as it is in Japan.

Also; I wonder if this is the week there Famitsu will be the "better tracker"!