By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Xbox 360 Vs. Playstation 3

To settle any future arguments: FF XIII has not been announced for the 360. MGS4 has not been announced for the 360. Stop basing your arguments on being "pretty sure it's going to the 360."

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

Around the Network

blowfish said:

Thanks for your opinions stated as fact on how much better the xbox360 games are compared to the ps3's,can i have some of what you're smoking???

You're supposed to state your opinion as a fact in any sort of good writing and anybody who has taken English 101 in college would know that.  Try reading a newspaper or magazine and tell me one article where the writer does not state his opinion as if it were a fact.  Take a look at this review of Shrek the Third by Roger Ebert:
Notice he says "Shrek the Third is a damped-down return to the Kingdom of Far Far Away, lacking the comic energy of the first brilliant film and not measuring up to the second."  Notice how he doesn't say "IMO" at the beginning of this sentence, if he did he'd lose his credibility and his job pretty soon.

deadhorse said:

blowfish said:

Thanks for your opinions stated as fact on how much better the xbox360 games are compared to the ps3's,can i have some of what you're smoking???

You're supposed to state your opinion as a fact in any sort of good writing and anybody who has taken English 101 in college would know that. Try reading a newspaper or magazine and tell me one article where the writer does not state his opinion as if it were a fact. Take a look at this review of Shrek the Third by Roger Ebert:
Notice he says "Shrek the Third is a damped-down return to the Kingdom of Far Far Away, lacking the comic energy of the first brilliant film and not measuring up to the second." Notice how he doesn't say "IMO" at the beginning of this sentence, if he did he'd lose his credibility and his job pretty soon.

Thank you on your opinion on how to state an opinion

blowfish said:
deadhorse said:

blowfish said:

You're supposed to state your opinion as a fact in any sort of good writing and anybody who has taken English 101 in college would know that. Try reading a newspaper or magazine and tell me one article where the writer does not state his opinion as if it were a fact. Take a look at this review of Shrek the Third by Roger Ebert:
Notice he says "Shrek the Third is a damped-down return to the Kingdom of Far Far Away, lacking the comic energy of the first brilliant film and not measuring up to the second." Notice how he doesn't say "IMO" at the beginning of this sentence, if he did he'd lose his credibility and his job pretty soon.

It's not an opinion, it's written in textbooks which are used as guidelines for the way people write.  However, you can continue to stick to your high-school mentality and write at a kid's level if you want.

deadhorse said:
blowfish said:
deadhorse said:

blowfish said:

It's not an opinion, it's written in textbooks which are used as guidelines for the way people write. However, you can continue to stick to your high-school mentality and write at a kid's level if you want.

O my god i can't believe you are taking this seriously, i was taking the p*ss out of a delusional post that stated as fact the xbox360 is better than the ps3 in nearly every single way and genre when it is not.

Around the Network

U guys just naming a few exclusives which go multi. Here are some exclusives for the PS3 FF XIII & versus, God of war III, Killzone, Rachet and Clank, Uncharted, MGS4, Resistance sequel, Heavenly Sword, Coded arms, GT 5 etc.

These games are enough for Sony to atleast keep the 2nd  Place all of these games except for uncharted and coded arms were not played by any one yet, are excellent. The first party titles of sony would also be enough, if u disagree check out the first party titles of M$ Halo and Gears of War and Forza. Gears of war would have competiotion with Resistance the game was excellent and it was only a launch title. Killzone is getting better and better proof Killzone Liberation which got 9/10 in IGN.

blowfish, and I was merely pointing out that for every PS3 fanboy that thinks that in every way, the PS3 is better. I was pointing out that as far as I've seen, both critically and sales wise, the 360 exclusives far outweigh the PS3 exclusives. However, if you've grown up around a Playstation all your life, your going to think that the PS3 games are going to be better due to the fact that your probably more familiar with their series games. Like the gentleman that stated that GT was far better than forza. A side-by-side comparison would reveal that some things about GT were better (like far more cars), but in Forza, other things were better (better physics, actual car damage, and other simulation aspects). It comes down to opinions, primarily, but even then, one can only state one system's exclusives to another's. We'll always have differences. I am just merely pointing out my differences, and how I believe I'll be a happier gamer as I spent far less money for far more games for my system that I'll like. But I could be wrong as well.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

mrstickball said:
blowfish, and I was merely pointing out that for every PS3 fanboy that thinks that in every way, the PS3 is better. I was pointing out that as far as I've seen, both critically and sales wise, the 360 exclusives far outweigh the PS3 exclusives. However, if you've grown up around a Playstation all your life, your going to think that the PS3 games are going to be better due to the fact that your probably more familiar with their series games. Like the gentleman that stated that GT was far better than forza. A side-by-side comparison would reveal that some things about GT were better (like far more cars), but in Forza, other things were better (better physics, actual car damage, and other simulation aspects). It comes down to opinions, primarily, but even then, one can only state one system's exclusives to another's. We'll always have differences. I am just merely pointing out my differences, and how I believe I'll be a happier gamer as I spent far less money for far more games for my system that I'll like. But I could be wrong as well.

What u are comparing is GT 4 with Forza 2 atcually to make it more fair you would have to compare GT 5 with Forza and plz remember that GT HD was only a demo and a pimped version of GT 4 not the actual demo of GT 5.

Critically wise and sales wise Final fantsy X for PS2 would outsell both Halo 2 and Gears of war.

mrstickball said:
as far as I've seen, both critically and sales wise, the 360 exclusives far outweigh the PS3 exclusives.

If thats your opinion then fine but to most people it's the other way round.

blowfish said:
mrstickball said:
as far as I've seen, both critically and sales wise, the 360 exclusives far outweigh the PS3 exclusives.

If thats your opinion then fine but to most people it's the other way round.

In MY opinion mrstickball is correct when you only look at what is out NOW. Thats not wrong.

Different story when you bring in the future exclusive titles of the PS3. I am more psyched about the future lineup of the PS3 than the xbox future lineup. Thats my opinion and its not wrong either.

On the other hand MS already convinced me that i 'need' the 360. Sony still need to deliver. Odds are they will, but you will never know for sure how good Uncharted etc are until you have played them...