By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Xbox 360 Vs. Playstation 3

blowfish said:
mrstickball said:
as far as I've seen, both critically and sales wise, the 360 exclusives far outweigh the PS3 exclusives.

If thats your opinion then fine but to most people it's the other way round.


 In MY opinion mrstickball is correct when you only look at what is out NOW. Thats not wrong.

Different story when you bring in the future exclusive titles of the PS3. I am more psyched about the future lineup of the PS3 than the xbox future lineup. Thats my opinion and its not wrong either.

On the other hand MS already convinced me that i 'need' the 360. Sony still need to deliver. Odds are they will, but you will never know for sure how good Uncharted etc are until you have played them...

 

 



Around the Network

Darth, I did not mention Forza 2. I was reffering to GT4 vs. Forza 1. http://www.gamerankings.com/htmlpages2/920720.asp Gamerankings: 93% average for 88 Media Reviews http://www.gamerankings.com/htmlpages2/561066.asp?q=Gran%20Turismo%204 Gamerankings: 89.1% Average for 94 Media Reviews Also, Final Fantasy X sold 7.95m units thus far vs. Halo 2's 7.89m (which is still increasing). Critically, FFX recieved an average of 91.4% versus 94.6%. So I fail to see your argument when FFX has been out nearly 3 years more, only has 60,000 units to show for it, and a worse average review score.



Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

Sorry but instead of typing about the past Forza 1 and GT 4, wait til GT 5 comes and then compare them. Forza might have the physical and all that crap but those games were for PS2 not for PS3.

Those reviews are mostly american, the americans dont have as much enthusiasm as the Japnese for RPGs saem the other way round if u do it world wide u might see some differences might be better or worse. Its not about how long it was out ppl know still buy games like counter strike 1.6, its not time its sales.

The PS3 is building up a momentum, more and more games are coming out after June  once must have titles come out it is going to be massive the momentum, thats the same thing that happend to the PS1. 



Darth_efe said:

The PS3 is building up a momentum


Okay, I am officially sick and tired of hearing this. Sales go down every month, but it's building momentum? WTF?

This is some pretty fierce "momentum".

http://www.vgchartz.com/hwcomps.php?cons1=PS3&reg1=America&cons2=PS3&reg2=Japan&cons3=PS3&reg3=All&weekly=1




Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

lol

I think it's appropriate to say they are building mindshare momentum after Sony Gamer's Day. Sales momentum ... not so much. But, apparently, sales picked up a bit in the UK after SGD, so who knows.



Around the Network
jorma said:
blowfish said:
mrstickball said:
as far as I've seen, both critically and sales wise, the 360 exclusives far outweigh the PS3 exclusives.

If thats your opinion then fine but to most people it's the other way round.


In MY opinion mrstickball is correct when you only look at what is out NOW. Thats not wrong.

Different story when you bring in the future exclusive titles of the PS3. I am more psyched about the future lineup of the PS3 than the xbox future lineup. Thats my opinion and its not wrong either.

On the other hand MS already convinced me that i 'need' the 360. Sony still need to deliver. Odds are they will, but you will never know for sure how good Uncharted etc are until you have played them...

 

 


Yes i agree the xbox360 right now has the better games, that's because it has been out a year longer. The ps3's line up of games to come in most peoples opinions is better than the 360's and for just the second half of this year it's hard to argue the xbox360 has more top rated or top selling games to come.



rocketpig said:
Darth_efe said:

The PS3 is building up a momentum


Okay, I am officially sick and tired of hearing this. Sales go down every month, but it's building momentum? WTF?

This is some pretty fierce "momentum".

http://www.vgchartz.com/hwcomps.php?cons1=PS3&reg1=America&cons2=PS3&reg2=Japan&cons3=PS3&reg3=All&weekly=1


Right now sales are going down because no new compelling games were out last month or this month. June isn't much better and only come july will things start to pick up. However in the mean time sony have shown off some top AAA games and have got people interested again and when they come out people will be racing out to buy the ps3.



blowfish said:

Right now sales are going down because no new compelling games were out last month or this month. June isn't much better and only come july will things start to pick up. However in the mean time sony have shown off some top AAA games and have got people interested again and when they come out people will be racing out to buy the ps3.


But will as many people, or even more, be rushing out at the same time to buy a 360?

I'm inclined to say yes. MS has a lot of good games coming, the first of which is launching next week (Forza 2).




Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

I believe the PS3 will continue bombing in NA unless there is a huge price cut, which I think is unlikely in 2007 considering Sony's financials. I don't think there's going to be any of the 'racing out to buy' thing going on at $600. Just look at the tiny bump (a few 10k units) that happened with Motorstorm.



rocketpig said:
Darth_efe said:

The PS3 is building up a momentum


Okay, I am officially sick and tired of hearing this. Sales go down every month, but it's building momentum? WTF?

This is some pretty fierce "momentum".

http://www.vgchartz.com/hwcomps.php?cons1=PS3®1=America&cons2=PS3®2=Japan&cons3=PS3®3=All&weekly=1


ohh so u say i am talkin bullshit what i menat about momentum is that the games suck know but in the futre they will blow ur ass once these games come out everybody will be rushing for them. One of the reasons to why the sales suck is because that people r either waiting for the price to go down orwaitng for so specific games, ur familiar with the exclusive line up so i dont bother writing them.