By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Xbox 360 Vs. Playstation 3

Darth_efe said:

ohh so u say i am talkin bullshit what i menat about momentum is that the games suck know but in the futre they will blow ur ass once these games come out everybody will be rushing for them. One of the reasons to why the sales suck is because that people r either waiting for the price to go down orwaitng for so specific games, ur familiar with the exclusive line up so i dont bother writing them.

Face it, Darth. The PS3 has negative momentum until those games release. Then, when sales increase, you might be able to claim momentum for the system.

Until then, it's just smoke and mirrors. The Wii is the only system with momentum right now.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

Around the Network
dallas said:

What is going to be improved or is planned on being improved for the 360?  The only thing the 360 has plans for that it currently doesn't have is a price drop and to keep putting out good games.  That is OK but, Sony appears to be working harder to earn consumer's dollars. 

IPTV, for one. Depending on how it is implemented, it could be very cool.

But I see what you're saying. Sony appears to be working very hard to straighten out the PS3 with firmware updates. I commend them for that. But they also have to work harder than MS to justify that price point to consumers.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

The thing with the price is that a big part of sony's manufacturing price was dependent on high costs for blu-ray capabilities, especially because nobody made a blu ray player before! Secondly, when comparing a higher-tech product and a lower-tech one that will both be produced in volume, the higher-tech one will most likely have a larger drop in price as % of original.

Wow, this thread is still alive?

seriously ur a fag its just 2 months left until dozens of games come and 8 months until rally anticipated titles come out.

Around the Network

That language is inappropriate.

I already reported Darth_efe.

dallas said:
Rath said:
dallas said:

The thing with the PS3 vs 360 discussion is that while sony still has improvements coming down the pipeline for its product through improved online capabilities (better PSN, Home) or higher levels of blu-ray market penetration, better games or whatever, the 360 can differentiate itself with ONLY by lowering its price, and I have been looking but haven't heard of anything that the 360 is doing to improve its product.

So, the PS3 has all of the POTENTIAL forward momentum here.

But the 360 has all the ACTUAL foward momentum. Just look at the sales in comparison to each other. 

What is going to be improved or is planned on being improved for the 360?  The only thing the 360 has plans for that it currently doesn't have is a price drop and to keep putting out good games.  That is OK but, Sony appears to be working harder to earn consumer's dollars.   

WTF what do u think is going to happen when halo 3 is realeased  sales will peak for a period and than just go down, Halo is the only reason why most people bought the 360 or it just has been hype. PS3 had a alow start and after 2 months fruggen good games are coming out eg. lair, the darkness heavenly sword.

Darth_efe said:
dallas said:
Rath said:
dallas said:

The thing with the PS3 vs 360 discussion is that while sony still has improvements coming down the pipeline for its product through improved online capabilities (better PSN, Home) or higher levels of blu-ray market penetration, better games or whatever, the 360 can differentiate itself with ONLY by lowering its price, and I have been looking but haven't heard of anything that the 360 is doing to improve its product.

But the 360 has all the ACTUAL foward momentum. Just look at the sales in comparison to each other.

What is going to be improved or is planned on being improved for the 360? The only thing the 360 has plans for that it currently doesn't have is a price drop and to keep putting out good games. That is OK but, Sony appears to be working harder to earn consumer's dollars.

WTF what do u think is going to happen when halo 3 is realeased sales will peak for a period and than just go down, Halo is the only reason why most people bought the 360 or it just has been hype. PS3 had a alow start and after 2 months fruggen good games are coming out eg. lair, the darkness heavenly sword.

So what you are saying is: 

Halo will cause increased sales and peak for a period and then just go down, but Lair, the Darkness and Heavenly Sword will cause sustaned sales and never peak, and never go down? 

your mother said:
Darth_efe said:
dallas said:
Rath said:
dallas said:

What is going to be improved or is planned on being improved for the 360? The only thing the 360 has plans for that it currently doesn't have is a price drop and to keep putting out good games. That is OK but, Sony appears to be working harder to earn consumer's dollars.

WTF what do u think is going to happen when halo 3 is realeased sales will peak for a period and than just go down, Halo is the only reason why most people bought the 360 or it just has been hype. PS3 had a alow start and after 2 months fruggen good games are coming out eg. lair, the darkness heavenly sword.

So what you are saying is:

Halo will cause increased sales and peak for a period and then just go down, but Lair, the Darkness and Heavenly Sword will cause sustaned sales and never peak, and never go down?

just give up. You can't argue with them.

Isn't it strange that one delusional Sony fan is banned and suddenly another one rises to take its place?

Help! I'm stuck in a forum signature!